Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Redundancies Confirmed

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Thanks all for your kind comments on here/facebook and by text!
    Obviously quite upset about it at the mo, and the last 8 weeks have been hell, although I'm still here doing a handover for the next two weeks (not sure what that will entail!)

I wasn't asked about the name on the website personally, but I didn't mind it going up there either anyway.

Anyone need a PA?

Suzi I'd like to think that if there was the need to re-recruit in a year or so that your name would be well up there on the list to 'make a comeback'.....that is of course assuming that's what you wanted to do.
    I hope the same for the others too of course.

I'd be back next week if I could.
  • Options
    With redundancies its the POSITION that is redundant therefore the club should have disclosed the positions not the names.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]With redundancies its the POSITION that is redundant therefore the club should have disclosed the positions not the names.

Yes, but it's people who are dismissed and it's people we should be concerned about, as colleagues, supporters or even management. It would be meaningless to put on the website that "a sales operator" had been made redundant and bizarre to report that "a commercial director" had gone.

It was staff who raised this as an idea, not management. Individual consent should have been sought as was suggested at the meeting, but I think it's insulting that people who have worked there for 10 or 20 years should leave without any acknowledgement, unless it's their personal preference.
  • Options
    We know at least one wasnt consulted-------- yes the point its about them not the club----------if it was me and my name was put in the public domain without being asked i might sue.

and who has suggested that these people should NOT be acknowleged ? no one -- its the way its been done thats the query.
  • Options
    sue for what?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I think we need to put to bed the things relating to the names release. Whether right or wrong, its happened and i'm sure it was done to give the public recognition and thanks to all those who have been released instead of just to the odd name such as Suthers as what happened on here last week.

Some on that list have been friends for over 15 years, some contribute on here and others i have had helpful dealings with over the past few years. It may well be a number of 'junior positions' that they are disposing, but in doing so a number of those being released aren't just employees, but lifetime supporters through thick and thin, the type of people that by having real fans working at the heart of the club have always helped make Charlton feel such a homely club. I'm not sure at times whether employees or decision makers who support other teams fully get that, and i fear its one of the few remaining good things about Charlton may start sliding away. I hope i'm wrong.

Good luck all of you, hope you all find better employers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Thanks all for your kind comments on here/facebook and by text!
    Obviously quite upset about it at the mo, and the last 8 weeks have been hell, although I'm still here doing a handover for the next two weeks (not sure what that will entail!)

I wasn't asked about the name on the website personally, but I didn't mind it going up there either anyway.

Anyone need a PA?

Suzi I'd like to think that if there was the need to re-recruit in a year or so that your name would be well up there on the list to 'make a comeback'.....that is of course assuming that's what you wanted to do.
    I hope the same for the others too of course.

I'd be back next week if I could.
    I think they're going to struggle without you Suzi.
  • Options
    Looking down the list of names, I would guesstimate the annual salary bill for all 14 doesn't exceed 400k. That's probably about a third of what Pardew demanded as a pay-off under his contract when he left.

Or looked at another way, it equates to what Christensen has been paid by the club over the last 19 months for doing nothing.

Football is a sick game sometimes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I think we need to put to bed the things relating to the names release. Whether right or wrong, its happened and i'm sure it was done to give the public recognition and thanks to all those who have been released instead of just to the odd name such as Suthers as what happened on here last week.

Some on that list have been friends for over 15 years, some contribute on here and others i have had helpful dealings with over the past few years. It may well be a number of 'junior positions' that they are disposing, but in doing so a number of those being released aren't just employees, but lifetime supporters through thick and thin, the type of people that by having real fans working at the heart of the club have always helped make Charlton feel such a homely club. I'm not sure at times whether employees or decision makers who support other teams fully get that, and i fear its one of the few remaining good things about Charlton may start sliding away. I hope i'm wrong.

Good luck all of you, hope you all find better employers.

Here here, well said smudge.
  • Options
    QUOTE AIRMAN BROWN wrote "That's not the club's version of events,"

That's because the 'club' lied.
    NO ATTEMPT was made to contact me to tell me I was sacked. I found out after a friend phoned to tell me it was on the website. It would appear at least one person on the list of redundancies was unaware names were being published in this way.

Suzie if you are reading this drop me an email re work possibilty
    bc_addick@yahoo.co.uk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bc_addick[/cite]QUOTE AIRMAN BROWN wrote "That's not the club's version of events,"

That's because the 'club' lied.
    NO ATTEMPT was made to contact me to tell me I was sacked. I found out after a friend phoned to tell me it was on the website. It would appear at least one person on the list of redundancies was unaware names were being published in this way.

BC - you started off by questioning whether people might have learned they were redundant from the website, which as I've explained was never a possibility because of the statutory process and the timescale.

Then you said that if there is another side to the story of your sacking you and others would like to hear it, but now you are acknowledging that you already know it exists by claiming that the club lied. It's more likely, in my experience, that there was a cock-up, but the fact remains there are two versions of what happened in terms of the information being published and neither of them bears on the need to put the fact that you had been sacked in the public domain.

I don't think it's respectful to the people who have lost their livelihood to make any comparison between the two situations or to try to extrapolate any judgements from one to the other, especially as to some extent or another you were at fault, whereas the staff who have left are blameless.

AFKA - on the point about "junior" posts, I'd put it like this. If someone said that it was essential for Zheng Zhi, Nicky Weaver and Andy Gray to leave for financial reasons then we'd all understand that argument. On the other hand if they remain and the club said it is was essential for Rob Elliot, Grant Basey and Scott Wagstaff to go we'd be scratching our heads. It wouldn't mean we didn't value the three younger players.
  • Options
    I think the seniority thing tends to be typical in most industries. The more senior individuals in the line of fire are more likely to hold key information that moves them off the "at risk" list. They're probably also going to be more politcally adept and experienced as well and thus more able to get themselves out of the firing line and push others into it. Unfortunately the downside of this is that when you get to the end of the process you find out you've saved enough money to keep one average winger who's never played for the first team and you've lost people that did important tasks and created an atmosphere of distrust, but that is the sad way of the world.

On the point of the names, since it's pretty clearly done without permission of all, I'd suggest it's a data protection issue. Probabably not a lot of harm done, but pointlessly clumsy none-the-less.
  • Options
    Airman.

Keep spinning.
  • Options
    Lets not turn the thread into a personal tit for tat argument please.

Although i sympathise with your situation Brian, lets keep this thread dedicated to thanking those who have lost their jobs due to the ineptitude of some players, management and board members over the past 2 years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]re The Bromley meeting (which you were quite welcome to attend...as are all true Addicks I may add)

Apart from those living away from London, or are they not real fans?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]re The Bromley meeting (which you were quite welcome to attend...as are all true Addicks I may add)

Stu...I did say 'welcome'....I didn't say could attend or indeed should attend....I meant to indicate that it's NOT a closed shop simply for the privileged few...although because those that attend are not allowed to discuss what was said on the web/message boards it might seem like it....but it's simply not the case.
    In the past I have fallen foul of this and ended up with not a little angst and humiliation as a result....though to this day I still concede that I didn't say anything which embarrassed RM...I was very selective in what I said.
    Anyway, I publicly appologised to him and like the gentleman he is he accepted my apology for which I was very thankful I have to say.
  • Options

He's saying All TRUE addicks are welcome to attend not all true addicks are from london/kent.
  • Options
    Very sad and depressing for the reasons AFKA stated.

I was lucky enough to know and work with a few of them and they are good people let down by others. I can only wish them all luck.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]re The Bromley meeting (which you were quite welcome to attend...as arealltrue Addicks I may add)

He's saying All TRUE addicks are welcome to attend not all true addicks are from london/kent.

I wouldnt even post the fact that I attended the meeting.
    It just fusls the myth that we Bromley Addicks know something that the rest of you dont, which we dont.
  • Options
    What are you hiding CharltonKeston ?

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] lets keep this thread dedicated to thanking those who have lost their jobs due to the ineptitude ofsomeplayers, management and board members over the past 2 years.

Totally agree WSS..

Please chaps...
  • Options
    Yes thanks to all of those who made this club what it was unfortunately due to recent events that can no longer be upheld and it is not your faults but the club axed you instead of those at fault.