Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Redundancies Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Well I have just spoken to my Dad who is one of the redundancies, and he knew nothing about his name being listed on the website. He is going to finish mowing the lawn and phone up the club.

Good luck to Suze as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I am at work and unable to see the names,could someone post the list here please.
  • Options
    If no consent was given then this is absolutely disgusting, surely these people have the right to tell family/friends who they havnt told yet in their own time, without having it plasters all over the internets.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this...

*tries not to think of salaries of shit players*
  • Options
    TBF to the club it does say it would like to express it's thanks to all the staff concerned before naming them, so I guess they are regarding it as paying tribute to them.

I do have reservations though and am not taking sides.
  • Options
    One of these is my cousin. A loyal servant to the club. There are plenty of players that should have gone before her......
  • Options
    Sorry for all and thank you for all you hard work

once again the management appears to have made another fist of doing something
  • Options
    Thanks and sorry, would have sufficed.
    I am sure the club thought this would be a good way of thanking the staff but it is ill-judged in my opinion..
  • Options
    I ve got to echo other , WHY publish peoples names, were they consulted on this?
    Is Waggot a complete fool?
  • Options
    They could do with taking the names off, not very professional imho and it does read like an obituary page.

Football is a not worth a toss at the moment. Hard working, loyal people on low salaries get pushed and you see players like we've had genuinely not giving a monkeys.

Not good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must entirely agree with you there Falc. Football is turning into a load of old shite.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    The contempt I hold the people who were involved in making these redundancies holds no bounds, clueless is not even the word makes my blood boil & it doesn't even actually affect me. Still I have no doubt their time will come soon enough!
  • Options
    Ketters i do hope your right

Sad day

Good luck to one and all
  • Options
    Very sad day. I wish Suzie and everybody else involved well and hope that things work out for them in the future. I hope Pardew with his £1.5M gardening pay off is hanging his head in shame, plus a few others who have contributed to this situation, especially some of the over paid and under-performing prima donnas who pull on the shirt each week.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Can only agree with all the sentiments expressed above in terms of appreciating all the hard work of those involved, disgust that this is neccessary in the first place and then they appear to have made public their personal situation without permission. Feel for you all guys and really hope you find something suitable asap.

As an aside I cannot believe that the club would have behaved in this way had Peter Varney still been involved - surely someone could see this wasn't the way to express the clubs thanks to those involved????
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about Suzi, good luck to all.
    I see that one individual's name has been removed from the list and the position held left. Which would suggest that approval from those involved was not gained.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear the bad news Suzi and good luck to you and the other redundant personnel.

A bit crass to release the names, it probably seemed like a good idea at the time and was presumably meant as a compliment but the club should have first received permission from those involved.
  • Options
    I see that Waggott not only has a salary that I believe takes about 400 season tickets to fund, but that he had a blimmin assistant!! People here said what a lot he does, and how difficult it is, well if he were doing it for about £50,000 per year by himself, without somebody to 'assist' (is that code for without somebody to do the hard boring bits for you?), then maybe he could justify his presence and 'success' at the club. The geordie smiler tells us to buy season tickets, well he needs a fair few in before money is sent to the core business...he lectures us in the programme about pulling together, well I feel the same way as the reported Norwich City supporters who demanded that their chief executive takes a wage cut after relegation, come on Mr Waggott...'pull together' with some of your redundant staff, and demonstrate you're taking a hit too..
  • Options
    Good luck to all those that have left, lifers or non lifers alike.
  • Options
    Why oh why were these people named?. It sounds like they weren't consulted, some of them might not want all and sundry knowing their business.

Another PR disaster.

Good luck finding something else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Must entirely agree with you there Falc. Football is turning into a load of old shite.
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The contempt I hold two of the people who were involved in making these redundancies holds no bounds, clueless is not even the word makes my blood boil & it doesn't even actually affect me. Still I have no doubt their time will come soon enough!
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Sorry to hear about Suzi, good luck to all.
    I see that one individual's name has been removed from the list and the position held left. Which would suggest that approval from those involved was not gained.

Can't add anything else.
    P.
  • Options
    I suspect that the naming was a misplaced tribute, sad that they have got it wrong
  • Options
    This is the human cost of the tragedy that has been CAFC over the last 3 years. So very sad for all concerned.
  • Options
    Ketman said : ''The contempt I hold two of the people who were involved in making these redundancies holds no bounds, clueless is not even the word makes my blood boil & it doesn't even actually affect me. Still I have no doubt their time will come soon enough!''

Strong words. I wonder who you could mean? Are you suggesting our club is not being well run ? If your anger is not misplaced, then , yes, let us hope these incompetent senior officers do indeed get their come-uppance soon.

As for the list, I presume it was meant as a 'thank you' and a kind of roll of honour. Shame if some people have taken offence at it when surely none was intended.

But at least we can see what many of us feared - apart from Steve Sutherland, it seems to be the poor bloody infantry who have been sacrificed while the generals remain intact.

Obviously I would add my good wishes to Suzi , in particular. The loyalty with which she regularly came on CL and defended the club's top brass and explained what was going on surely deserved better reward. And she always did it with unfailing wit and good humour. CAFC will be a poorer place without her. Hope you continue to post here, Suzi, as an 'independent' fan.
  • Options
    Sad for all those of you that are leaving and thank you for helping to make CAFC a special club for me and my family to be part of, I hope you all find rewarding and enjoyable new jobs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]This is the human cost of the tragedy that has been CAFC over the last 3 years. So very sad for all concerned.

Unfortunately football is purely & simply a game. The success or otherwise of a club depends upon the consistency of the 11 blokes on the pitch putting the ball in the oppositions net, and in turn stopping them from putting the ball in theirs.

I have every sympathy for all those losing their jobs, but the nature of the business must mean that this kind of thing is a risk you take when working for a football (or any other professional sporting) club.

If it wasn't the proverbial tea lady at Charlton, it could have been the tea lady at Barnsley.
  • Options
    In what other industry would they name the people that a company made redundant and put it on their web site like some list of war dead? Sadly we support an organisation that seems to lack an iota of common sense.

And, I wonder why it's gone up now? Maybe because the players are away on holiday and Parky didn't want to upset the little lambikins. Staff being made redundant were told late in the afternoon because they didn't want the players' moods to be brought down by the awful plebs fretting about their jobs, mortgages and kids.

To everyone involved in these decisions: WHILE I APPRECIATE THAT YOU WERE IN A DIFFICULT POSITION BUT DID NOT ONE OF YOU THINK TO RAISE YOUR HANDS AND QUESTION THE WAY THAT EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF THIS STINKING SH1T PILE HAS BEEN HANDLED?? Or do you think this is OK?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    If it wasn't the proverbial tea lady at Charlton, it could have been the tea lady at Barnsley.

Really? Maybe Barnsley could budget for the cost of going down. Most of the people going are not going because the club went down. Most of them are going because the club did not go up.

Do you think that was mentioned to the ones they merrily employed in the last year? Don't you think that some of them maybe worked for the club because they were supporters and wanted to, even though they could have made more money elsewhere?

If I may be so bold you should ensure you're better informed before making comments like:
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]but the nature of the business must mean that this kind of thing is a risk you take when working for a football (or any other professional sporting) club

...because it makes you come across as pig ignorant
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

Really? Maybe Barnsley could budget for the cost of going down. Most of the people going are not going because the club went down. Most of them are going because the club did not go up.

Do you think that was mentioned to the ones they merrily employed in the last year? Don't you think that some of them maybe worked for the club because they were supporters and wanted to, even though they could have made more money elsewhere?

If I may be so bold you should ensure you're better informed before making comments like:
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]but the nature of the business must mean that this kind of thing is a risk you take when working for a football (or any other professional sporting) club

...because it makes you come across as pig ignorant

Or at least very insensitive
  • Options
    To be fair, the issue of whether people's names should be published was discussed by the committee representing the staff, particularly in the context of the OTT tribute paid to the recently departed pitch announcer, in the programme and on the OS.

I for one felt it was quite bonkers that people who had been at the the club for years should leave by the back door with no acknowledgement, while the pitch announcer - who many of us couldn't stand - was lauded to the skies on leaving what was presumably a fairly minor part of his livelihood.

I think it was clear that staff felt specific consent was required from the individuals concerned and perhaps that hasn't happened, but that is where the idea originated.