Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Nicky Maynard is going to Cardiff, if I recall correctly didn't West Ham say they needed to sell before they buy?
  • Adam Hammill's off to Forest.
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

CP told newshopper there's only been one bid for one of our players-and that's believed to be Stephens.

I thought it was Solly ?
    Newshopper reckons its Stephens.
    I'm waiting on Rich Cawley's opinion on this
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

CP told newshopper there's only been one bid for one of our players-and that's believed to be Stephens.

I thought it was Solly ?
    Probably thinks it's Hughes!!
  • edited August 2012

Peterborough pair George Boyd and Paul Taylor have turned down moves to Ipswich after discussing personal terms with the Suffolk club.

These two could now be heading to Brighton who've just sold Craig Noone to Cardiff and may be selling CMS to Norwich.

• Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Personally think the NS is far more reliable.

• Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
    Howard?
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Personally think the NS is far more reliable.

Well I think the OS is more reliable

(in your face !!!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
    Howard?
    Brown? What an advert!
  • Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

I thought it was Solly ?
    Bryan?
    Mark ?
    Howard?
    Brown? What an advert!
    Erm .. what ?
  • boggzy said:

People still don't seem to have gathered that Chris Powell is basically a spin-doctor in front of the press, even in his post-match-interviews you can take *everything* with a pinch of salt, it's all measured, and spun, like a politician. It has to be - that's just football nowadays, and has been like that at CAFC for some years.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke as much as we all do, I just think people should have learned by now not to hang on every word he makes public.

This. As much as we all like to think of CP as 'one of us' in terms of his history with the club, if he has to outright lie to the fans to keep his employers happy then he's more than likely going to do it
  • Joey Barton is having the 2nd part of his medical at Marseille.

Apparently, they are still looking for his brain.
  • It does amaze me how many clubs do their shopping in the last week of the window, rather than getting all their targets during the summer. Panic buying on the extreme level it seems.............................

Wish they changed it so the window shuts the day before the season starts.
  • edited August 2012
    Sky Sports understands Damien Delaney is poised to join Crystal Palace after leaving Ipswich Town. Delaney left Ipswich by mutual consent earlier on Thursday and Palace are ready to offer him a short-term deal until January.

Covered End Junior says he's shite :-)

According to Ipswich fans, the worst defender in The Championship :-)
  • Sky Sports understands Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has agreed to join Bolton on loan.
  • Sky Sports understands Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing has agreed to join Bolton on loan.

Now he really is shite !!!!
  • edited August 2012
    Ross_cafc said:

boggzy said:

People still don't seem to have gathered that Chris Powell is basically a spin-doctor in front of the press, even in his post-match-interviews you can take *everything* with a pinch of salt, it's all measured, and spun, like a politician. It has to be - that's just football nowadays, and has been like that at CAFC for some years.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke as much as we all do, I just think people should have learned by now not to hang on every word he makes public.

This. As much as we all like to think of CP as 'one of us' in terms of his history with the club, if he has to outright lie to the fans to keep his employers happy then he's more than likely going to do it
    You underestimate Chris Powell, I think. He may not always be able to tell the whole truth to the press, but it is likely to be based on a much more rounded judgement than "keeping his employers happy". I trust Chris to do the best thing for the club as he sees it.
  • Palace due to sign Damien Delaney: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8034405/.

They are really shopping in the bargain basement.
  • Sponsored links:

• From BBC

Sam Allardyce

"At the very best I think one player will be joining us before the deadline tomorrow."

• From BBC

Sam Allardyce

"At the very best I think one player will be joining us before the deadline tomorrow."

Andy Carroll ?
  • From BBC

Sam Allardyce

Andy Carroll ?
    Sorry the full quote ...

Sam Allardyce thinks West Ham may bring in one more player before the transfer window closes, but does not expect it to be Liverpool's Andy Carroll.

"Our problem is I have since moved on financially. When I first went for Andy Carroll I could afford him, whether I could now is a different matter.

mentions Carroll specifically but with not much hope I think
  • From BBC

Sam Allardyce

Andy Carroll ?
    Sorry the full quote ...

Sam Allardyce thinks West Ham may bring in one more player before the transfer window closes, but does not expect it to be Liverpool's Andy Carroll.

"Our problem is I have since moved on financially. When I first went for Andy Carroll I could afford him, whether I could now is a different matter.

Aren't they very close to signing some Ajax forward?

• From BBC

Sam Allardyce

Andy Carroll ?
    Sorry the full quote ...

This guy : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2195749/West-Ham-set-sign-Miralem-Sulejmani-Ajax.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • Carroll will go to the bar codes
  • Ross_cafc said:

boggzy said:

You underestimate Chris Powell, I think. He may not always be able to tell the whole truth to the press, but it is likely to be based on a much more rounded judgement than "keeping his employers happy". I trust Chris to do the best thing for the club as he sees it.
    It wasn't meant as a dig at him, just that I'm sure he (as most people would be) is limited in what he can say if it's not in the best interests of the club or board.
  • The Moose has said that Solly will not be going to WHU? I am really worried now.
  • Who is this Moose idiot?
  • Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose
    I have been told in the last hour that the deal for Chris Solly wont happen @kevstermarks trying to get that confirmed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!