Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• cafc_joe said:

The Moose has said that Solly will not be going to WHU? I am really worried now.

wait for Cawley to report the same thing
    ... then be very afraid
  • edited August 2012
    To be fair, if you look at the bloke who he mentions in the tweet, he only says the deal is off because of what CP said today. So think that tweet should be ignored (as should most of the Moose's)
  • cafc_joe said:

Ian Abrahams ‏@BroadcastMoose
    I have been told in the last hour that the deal for Chris Solly wont happen @kevstermarks trying to get that confirmed

Perhaps it was never happening, and after SCP's press day today, he is now backtracking.

• Aren't they very close to signing some Ajax forward?

Just to prove they are clean round the bend?
  • No mention of us anymore .....

Sky Sports understands Huddersfield are leading the chase for Wolves winger Adam Hammill.

Wolves are willing to offload Hammill before Friday's transfer deadline after placing him on the transfer list.

Hammill joined Wolves from Barnsley in January 2011 for a fee of £500,000 but has been unable to hold down a regular place in the side.

New Wolves boss Stale Solbakken is keen to bring in his own players and is listening to offers for the former Liverpool youngster.

Huddersfield boss Simon Grayson is keen to bring in a new wide-man and Hammill is thought to be his top target.

Nottingham Forest, Brighton and Burnley are also chasing the 24-year-old, but Huddersfield are thought to be in pole position for the skilful winger.
  • If Maynard leaves West Ham and they are going to sign one more player, it will surely be a striker? They can't let Baldock and Maynard both leave without replacing either.
  • i wouldnt want any of them to go but i'd rather lose stephens than solly purely because we have other players from other positions who can go in to the cm role (kerkar, jackson, wilson etc.) although we could do with another person in just to give a bit more depth in the squad
  • boggzy said:

People still don't seem to have gathered that Chris Powell is basically a spin-doctor in front of the press, even in his post-match-interviews you can take *everything* with a pinch of salt, it's all measured, and spun, like a politician. It has to be - that's just football nowadays, and has been like that at CAFC for some years.

Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke as much as we all do, I just think people should have learned by now not to hang on every word he makes public.

Quite. He chooses his messages very carefully, which is why the 'I'm happy with the squad and I don't want it depleted' comment resonates with me. Would suggest any outs would not be his doing, against his will even. If the board are planning to sell someone, they won't appreciate that for sure.
  • Who is this Moose idiot?

He's the fat one on the left in a pair of Acworths Jeans.

• The moose is a big silly buffoon and I can see West Ham feeding him any old shite to keep him thinking he's ITK. He's their village idiot. No-one more ridiculed on TalkSport, and they have Adrian Durham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who is this Moose idiot?

He's the fat one on the left in a pair of Acworths Jeans.

what an arsehole, if any of you listen to talksport he sounds like a bit of a nob too
  • He looks nothing like he sounds my god I imagined him to be so different
  • Where did he gets those jeans from? Ha ha.
  • Think he's lost about half his body weight from pics I saw of him a few years back !!
  • having the window the night before a game is just so stupid. Imagine the coach journey tomorrow. Powell announces on the tanoy - Solly, time to get off, West Ham have upped their offer and you need to go discuss terms.
  • having the window the night before a game is just so stupid. Imagine the coach journey tomorrow. Powell announces on the tanoy - Solly, time to get off, West Ham have upped their offer and you need to go discuss terms.

personal terms already agreed :o)
    (or so they'd have you believe !!!)
  • He looks nothing like he sounds my god I imagined him to be so different

their all like that
  • Whatever happens, please don't believe anything Sam Allardyce says. I suspect he is from the Harry Redknapp school of blatantly lying about transfers.
  • Is that Mick Mills standing next to Him?
  • Really worried now Moose has said it is not happening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is that Mick Mills standing next to Him?

Yes
  • edited August 2012
    Uboat said:

Whatever happens, please don't believe anything Sam Allardyce says. I suspect he is from the Harry Redknapp school of blatantly lying about transfers.

Be careful, he might sue you.
    I've heard he's keen on sueing.
    Oops I meant he's sueing Kean :-)
  • Solly's going nowhere.

Stephens will go to Villa for £1.5m.

Quinn will sign for undisclosed.

TJ will bank £1m to keep us afloat until Jan by which time Fuller will have scored 24 goals so we sell him to West Ham for £3m.

We then sign Baldock who says he's unhappy in Bristol for £1.5m.

Baldock then scores 24 goals to see us through to automatic promotion.
  • Solly's going nowhere.

TJ will bank £1m to keep us afloat until Jan by which time Fuller will have scored 24 goals so we sell him to West Ham for £3m.

Sounds reasonable, are you ITK?
  • Solly's going nowhere.

Deal. Make it happen, PLEEAAASE!
  • Solly's going nowhere.

Most sensible comments so far on this thread

;-)
  • Solly's going nowhere.

Can I be the first to say I'm REALLY unhappy about us selling Fuller. £3m nowhere near enough, etc etc
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120830-powell-on-solly-stephens-343336.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Powell elaborates more on the transfer front and says he has laid some of the groundwork should any of our players leave.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120830-powell-on-solly-stephens-343336.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Powell elaborates more on the transfer front and says he has laid some of the groundwork should any of our players leave.

Usual sensible statement from him. Looks like we have to hold our breath for another 24 hours. Think it's Solly myself, based on the Stephens thing having no echoes in the Brum media, and our link to this Gillingham bloke.

• Someone's leaving me thinks
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!