Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Matt Fish at Gillingham, dare I say it, came through the youth team ranks at Palace.
    After being let go, he played non-league with AFC Wimbledon before signing for Jills a year ago.

At 23, he's still young enough to make an impact at a higher level.
    Apparently he's an attacking RB with a decent cross on him.

And he's hungry to make up for lost time.
    Ticks all the boxes for the type of player SCP likes to work with.
  • Solly's going nowhere.

Stephens will go to Villa for £1.5m.

Quinn will sign for undisclosed.

TJ will bank £1m to keep us afloat until Jan by which time Fuller will have scored 24 goals so we sell him to West Ham for £3m.

We then sign Baldock who says he's unhappy in Bristol for £1.5m.

Baldock then scores 24 goals to see us through to automatic promotion.

Source?
    Is it on the OS?

• Solly's going nowhere.

Stephens will go to Villa for £1.5m.

Quinn will sign for undisclosed.

TJ will bank £1m to keep us afloat until Jan by which time Fuller will have scored 24 goals so we sell him to West Ham for £3m.

We then sign Baldock who says he's unhappy in Bristol for £1.5m.

Baldock then scores 24 goals to see us through to automatic promotion.

ha ha reckon you ought to go and put £10.00 on this...this time next year Rodders!
  • Solly = Fish lined up?
    Stephens = Quinn lined up?

Could be either I guess.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120830-powell-on-solly-stephens-343336.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Powell elaborates more on the transfer front and says he has laid some of the groundwork should any of our players leave.

Fish and Quinn? Depending on if its Solly or Stephens who goes.
  • So SCP says one rumour has substance and the other has none. Lambert admits enquiring about Stephens but it's on the back burner. So official news from Villa and nothing but rumours from an unofficial Whammies twatter.

Combined with Chris saying that we will not sell for less than our valuations as possibly a message to interested clubs.

Neither to leave unless Villa match our valuation before sat.

• Sky reporting that Andy Carroll about to sign on season loan for the Hamsters...
  • If, god forbid, Solly goes for anything less than 3mil plus add ons to a prem club, then we have Wilson and Cousins and eventually a returning Hughes. On Jordan Cousins, yes I know he is young (Pele was scoring in World Cup Finals at 17) but if a youth system is to have any meaning then eventually these players have to graduate to the first team....as Solly did. I would not want to see us bring in Reo-Coker or the Gillingham bloke as any panic measure that's for sure.
  • That would be a perfect move for WHU having just signed Jarvis to supply them there crosses
  • Didn't Reo-Coker play at right back for a few games at Whammies.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    DanDavis said:

That would be a perfect move for WHU having just signed Jarvis to supply them there crosses

If Carroll was remotely capable of scoring more than one goal every eight games I'd agree with you. Mind you he's a classic Allardyce player. Big lump at the front, goalie hoofs it upfield, 0-0, the end.
  • DanDavis said:

That would be a perfect move for WHU having just signed Jarvis to supply them there crosses

If Carroll was remotely capable of scoring more than one goal every eight games I'd agree with you. Mind you he's a classic Allardyce player. Big lump at the front, goalie hoofs it upfield, 0-0, the end.
    Well he kinda did the season before last.....11 goals in 19 games for Newcastle.

• Oh.......picky.
  • Oggy Red said:

Matt Fish at Gillingham, dare I say it, came through the youth team ranks at Palace.
    After being let go, he played non-league with AFC Wimbledon before signing for Jills a year ago.

At 23, he's still young enough to make an impact at a higher level.
    Apparently he's an attacking RB with a decent cross on him.

And he's hungry to make up for lost time.
    Ticks all the boxes for the type of player SCP likes to work with.

Sounds a bit like Rhoys, definitely in terms of style. If he is anywhere near the quality on the other hand...
  • Doesn't Mr Scally at Gillingham hate us and surely would be as difficult as possible if we tried to buy one of his players on deadline day?
  • edited August 2012

DanDavis said:

Rubbish
  • edited August 2012

DanDavis said:

I rate Andy Carroll , Torres is quality and had a bad spell without scoring , so did BWP last year, are they crap ?
  • Carroll's bad spell is effectively his whole career minus four months with Newcastle at he beginning of one season
  • Doesn't Mr Scally at Gillingham hate us and surely would be as difficult as possible if we tried to buy one of his players on deadline day?

Better sign him then. These people must be made to learn.
  • Reo Coker.
  • Sponsored links:

• West Ham sign Carroll on season long loan.

Solly....
  • Cant see them buying Solly now.
  • cambi22 said:

Cant see them buying Solly now.

Yes but no but yes but .........

Cardiff have agreed a fee with West Ham for the transfer of forward Nicky Maynard.
  • Nope agreed thats a good move for us imo

• http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20120830-powell-on-solly-stephens-343336.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Powell elaborates more on the transfer front and says he has laid some of the groundwork should any of our players leave.

That article just reinforces that our most valuable asset is Chris Powell.
  • Not sure if it's been mentioned but according to Dr Kish we have a highly rated Irish CB, Kevin Feely, on trial with us at the moment

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201208&date=20120830&time=1016
  • TravHouse said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but according to Dr Kish we have a highly rated Irish CB, Kevin Feely, on trial with us at the moment

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201208&date=20120830&time=1016

Listen, if your rumour doesn't involve Solly, Stephens, NRC or Carroll then please place it elsewhere!
  • Quick google seems to suggest he's highly rated. One for the development squad.
  • edited August 2012
  • TravHouse said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but according to Dr Kish we have a highly rated Irish CB, Kevin Feely, on trial with us at the moment

Story linked
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!