Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Ross_cafc said:

If solly and Stephens do go, I can see us getting shafted in terms of how long we have to get anyone in (that is of course if the money isnt all going to the milkman). Unless we have players lined up with agreed fees and contracts already (which we might have) we won't have time to do anything. even if these players are lined up, how long are they going to be prepared to wait?

We have already signed Solly's replacement.......Wilson
    I thought Wilson was a belated replacement for Francis ?!?
  • Even without thinking about any outgoings we still need another centre mid and a cb especially now Taylor is injured and Dorian isn't ready. We have two fit at the club that Powell would consider playing! Hopefully Powell has a few deals lined up
  • It's all abit quiet regarding real rumours today so far.. touchwood it stays like it!
  • Ross_cafc said:

If solly and Stephens do go, I can see us getting shafted in terms of how long we have to get anyone in (that is of course if the money isnt all going to the milkman). Unless we have players lined up with agreed fees and contracts already (which we might have) we won't have time to do anything. even if these players are lined up, how long are they going to be prepared to wait?

We have already signed Solly's replacement.......Wilson
    I didn't necessarily mean a replacement, just anyone who we need the money from sales before we can sign. As for Wilson..... We'll just have to wait and see how that works out for us.
  • edited August 2012
    Nope, Solly isn't going anywhere, we are fine financially and won't be selling anyone in the last few days of the window.

• N'Guessan would've been a good buy before we got Fuller. Not needed now, provided RF can get fit.
  • edited August 2012
    Huddersfield Town have confirmed they have accepted a club record fee from Blackburn for Jordan Rhodes. He's having a medical right now. SSN

(There was nothing this definite before, it was all conjecture).
  • edited August 2012
    Andy Carroll has been backed in from 8/1 to 3/1 to join West Ham with money for AC Milan and Newcastle drying up. SSN.

Liverpool have confirmed it isn't feasible to have a £35M striker on the bench.

So if W Ham get Carroll, how can they afford Solly ? Wibble wibble.
  • 'Wibble Wibble'

not tall enough
  • Huddersfield Town have confirmed they have accepted a club record fee from Blackburn for Jordan Rhodes. SSN

(There was nothing this definite before, it was all conjecture).

except it's been on the Huddersfield O/S for hours

• Sponsored links:

• Caroll won't go west ham, he dosen't want too. but if he did end up there i doubt they could afford solly too after their owners recent comments re:carroll
  • Andy Carroll & Allardyce. One for the purists
  • Apparently sullivans son on twitter says they might sign a top class striker which might be berbatov
  • edited August 2012
    Knowing Sullivan's and Gold's previous for speaking bollocks, it probably is Michael Owen.
  • Apparently sullivans son on twitter says they might sign a top class striker which might be berbatov

pretty sure the words "top", "class" and "Berbatov" have not been used in the same sentence for quite some time
    .... unless the sentence also contains the word "not"

Two 'mights' in one sentence. We'll need a rumour of rumours thread soon.
  • Ive heard that Berbatov was going to Fulham
  • Press Day - now this should be interesting!
  • Press Day - now this should be interesting!

wouldn't surprise me if CP sends Alex Dyer along especially if he is busy elsewhere ;-))

• @chislehurst: Chris Solly signs a three-year deal with West Ham, for an initial fee of »800,000.
    Announcement Thursday late afternoon.
    #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• 800k lol
  • @chislehurst: Chris Solly signs a three-year deal with West Ham, for an initial fee of »800,000.
    Announcement Thursday late afternoon.
    #cafc

No chance
  • He follows that tweet up with '(thats my prediction anyway)'
  • h
    Mike said:

Even without thinking about any outgoings we still need another centre mid and a cb especially now Taylor is injured and Dorian isn't ready. We have two fit at the club that Powell would consider playing! Hopefully Powell has a few deals lined up

Paul Elliot - joint player/elecution lessons role
  • 800k!!! hahahahahahaha
  • Dizzle said:

800k!!! hahahahahahaha

let's all hope you are not laughing on the other side of your face later :-( All depends how desperate we are for money especially seeing as Villa have not even made an off for Stephens, yet, according to local rags.

• I almost bit on that. Whatever it is it will be undisclosed or a headline figure that hides the real immediate fee, neither club wants to lose face .. if it happens.
  • Dizzle said:

800k!!! hahahahahahaha

let's all hope you are not laughing on the other side of your face later :-( All depends how desperate we are for money especially seeing as Villa have not even made an off for Stephens, yet, according to local rags.

Well I could lend them that.
    Pay it back when you like Tone.

;-)
  • Peterborough pair George Boyd and Paul Taylor have turned down moves to Ipswich after discussing personal terms with the Suffolk club.

Boyd and Taylor underwent medicals at Portman Road on Wednesday after Ipswich agreed a fee with Posh for the two players believed to be in the region of £1.75million.

However, a statement on Peterborough's official club website said: "Winger George Boyd and striker Paul Taylor have rejected personal terms with Ipswich Town after meeting club officials."

Boyd and Taylor, who both have one year remaining on their contracts, were placed on the transfer list by Posh at the end of last season after failing to agree new deals at London Road.

Taylor was the subject of a failed bid from an unnamed club at the start of August, and the striker has regularly been linked with a move to the Premier League.
  • Both really good players. Just goes to show what a bit of money will get you I'm the champ. Baldock, Boyd and Taylor would cost about 3.5m outright and be a superb addition to any team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!