Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket: West Indies v England

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    The authorities, at the highest level, are giving all their attention to stuff that they think matters to TV e.g. referals but forgetting the basics? i.e. a pitch that is balanced between batter & bowler. All very well legislating on new viewing technologies but how about legislating on the composition of the strip? One defensive batsman scoring the best part of 300 is just silly?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]The authorities, at the highest level, are giving all their attention to stuff that they think matters to TV e.g. referals but forgetting the basics? i.e. a pitch that is balanced between batter & bowler. All very well legislating on new viewing technologies but how about legislating on the composition of the strip? One defensive batsman scoring the best part of 300 is just silly?

The next and last Test starts next Tuesday in Trinidad, there are going to be some tired bowlers on both sides who have spent the last few days bowling themselves into the ground for very little reward. Currently both sides have accumulated nearly 1600 runs for the fall of 17 wickets.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure that Khan will come in for Sidebottom and Monty might also come in for Bopara to give us a better chance of bowling them out twice. Prior will probably come back in for Ambrose.

From what I am reading it looks like Harmison has well and truly burnt his bridges with Strauss and might have played his last game.
  • Options
    To correct myself the next Test starts Friday, not Tuesday.

Harmison has rarely toured well and I suspect a lot of the England set up are disappointed with him having given him another chance and watched him blow it. But Sidebottom isn't fit and England will need pace - I think Harmison will get his nth chance to prove himself by default.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]To correct myself the next Test starts Friday, not Tuesday.

Harmison has rarely toured well and I suspect a lot of the England set up are disappointed with him having given him another chance and watched him blow it. But Sidebottom isn't fit and England will need pace - I think Harmison will get his nth chance to prove himself by default.

Very much doubt it BFR. From what those in the know are saying he asked for a back scan because felt a twinge and it showed absolutely nothing wrong. Strauss and Flower apparently thought he was looking for an excuse not to play and played an unfit Sidebottom in front of him, that's a pretty big clue right there.Strauss was apparently really annoyed with Harmison's bowling in Antigua as well.

Terrible shame but they have got to cut him loose because his post-2005 record is terrible, he's averaging nearly 38 runs per wicket and has a strike rate of nearly 70.

Time to give Tremlett, Khan and Onions a crack and even maybe have another look at Mahmood and Plunkett to see if they have progressed.