Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Poll, team news, views, MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Moo2 lost the ball just outside the penalty area and didn't chase back and the commentator completely blasted him.....Parky tried to get hime to applaud the fans and he just walked off....if he doesn't want to get out there and fight then fook off.......
  • [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]What has Moo2kil done to become public enemy no.1?

yesterday, he was be referred to one of the few players who wears the shirt with pride

He didn't clap the fans.

Like every other player does apart from Holland when we don't win. None of us where there so we are only going on what a commentator said, probably been totally out of proportion.
  • I'd hold fire until you here from those there.

May well be a case of an over the top, amateurish commentator seeing something nobody else does.
  • not just that he lost the ball and didn't give a toss and didn't track back...no excuse for that
  • Me too, I'll wait to hear from them, try to make a fair judgement and then go berserk.
  • [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]What has Moo2kil done to become public enemy no.1?

yesterday, he was be referred to one of the few players who wears the shirt with pride

And mostly he's being slated by people who weren't at the match.

Granted he might not have played well when he did come on...but at that point we were 2-1 down, he can't be blamed for us conceding two goals. As all the subs faired poorly I wonder if they had warmed up properly. It can't have been easy coming off the bench on a cold night and be expected to play like Pele and win the match for us, all from right back.
  • if nothing else it's a scapegoat to distract us from the mess we're in. ;-)
  • well, understandably, we're all pissed off....

time to go for a beer, and think about other things i suppose!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd hold fire until you here from those there.

May well be a case of an over the top, amateurish commentator seeing something nobody else does.

phil parry i think commentating bbc londo's usal coomentator,he is quite good and i wouldn't call him amateurish mate,seems that people outside the club are waking up to the shambles at our club.
  • oh well.
    shameless is on now.
    night peeps.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well its fair to wait on those - really impressive - people who were there, but I must say this commentator certainly didn't sound amateurish at any time during the game. He simply sounded like somebody who felt strongly that the 250+ fans there deserved a lot more from their players. And Clive Walker backed him up to the hilt. It was pretty unusual and I have the horrible feeling that it was justified, and that we've got serious problems (beyond the obvious one that we are bottom and without any real sign of a revival)
  • Norwich got a draw.

They are fighting back and could well stay up. Fair play to them.

It's a shame that we haven't been able to do the same. We are limping toward an ignominious and slow, painful death. It's embarassing.

The commentator bloke said that Charlton need a root and branch clear out. Never a truer word. We could even come back up stronger than we ever were, but most importantly, with a team that knows what playing for Charlton is all about.
  • edited February 2009
    Yassin Mootakil is shit always has been always will be

i have never liked him as a player nor rated him
  • I liked Moo2.

That's why I feel so disappointed about tonight. He's no bleeding use to us now.
  • I liked him too, really shaken me up.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: rufusisadogsname[/cite]What has Moo2kil done to become public enemy no.1?

And mostly he's being slated by people who weren't at the match.

Granted he might not have played well when he did come on...but at that point we were 2-1 down, he can't be blamed for us conceding two goals. As all the subs faired poorly I wonder if they had warmed up properly. It can't have been easy coming off the bench on a cold night and be expected to play like Pele and win the match for us, all from right back.

I don't care he is a pro football player so go out there and give 100%. I have no reason to not believe what the commentator was saying and Clive Walker backed him up. There is something seriously wrong with this team.
  • I liked moo2 too. When he first arrived there was talk we'd not be able to hold on to him, a Prem club would snap him up. One thing to note. When Murty got injured, Parky first brought on Sam and Ambrose, and moved Soares to right back, rather than bring on Moo2. Why? After 5-6 minutes that obviously wasnt working then he brought on Moo2. It was another pretty obvious vote of no confidence in the guy, and he's had a few.Perhaps more than any other member of the squad.
  • Cardiff are going to batter us.
  • [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Cardiff are going to batter us.

3-1 win to us, same line up as 2night but with hudson back in for holland!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Cardiff are going to batter us.

come off it they are welsh and we even beat swansea at home so i'm going for a sneaky 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• For those laying into Moo2 wasn't he one of the players who played and battled well during the win at Norwich, then went mental celebrating in front of the away fans, therefore showing he does care..............then he got dropped for the next game.
  • When Murty got injured, Parky first brought on Sam and Ambrose, and moved Soares to right back, rather than bring on Moo2. Why? After 5-6 minutes that obviously wasnt working then he brought on Moo2.

Or maybe Parky thought it would be too disruptive to bring on three subs at once?

Essentially though both Pardew and Parky have underplayed Moo2 both this season and last. Think of the loan signings at right back that we've employed - Mills, Murty, Craine, Halford...all have been given first preference over Moo2 when fit.
  • Helmets everywhere. Laughable.
  • 45 Points to play for, that's what i'm clinging onto.
  • parkinson speaking on sky ' we need to get on a very good run and of course i believe we can do it, there were so many positives tonight. Kandol and Dickson looked a real threat and if they can add goals to that threatening performance they put in tonight i'm sure they can score the goals to keep us in this division'
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Kandol and Dickson looked a real threat and if they can add goals to that threatening performance they put in tonight i'm sure they can score the goals to keep us in this division'

What a weird thing to say? BUT it does actually make sense I guess!
  • The full interview is now on the OS and you can't really fault what he says under hopeless circs - although when you get to the bit where he claims "we said all the right things at half-time", he does soundslike he's trying to convince himself rather than anyone else.
  • Don't you just want to tell him to shut up though? One win in 20 (i think) and he still comes out with the same stuff spouting the ifs.

Look Parky, we are not going to suddenly put a run together, our strikers aren't suddenly going to start scoring loads of goals, our defenders aren't going to start keeping clean sheets and our midfielders are going to continue creating less than three chances per game. So stop talking rubbish man!

But he's the manager and he's paid to be positive. What a shame that it's about the only part of his job spec that he actually fulfills.......
  • [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite]But he's the manager and he's paid to be positive. What a shame that it's about the only part of his job spec that he actually fulfills.......

he can have a job on charlton life afterwards and take over oggy's (dis)position ;-)
  • I'm not sure we can pin it all on PP there are some professionals out there who are privaliged to be in the position they are as footballers but very seldom show it.

What i need to see from the players PRIDE, POWER a BAD ASS MOTHER WHO WONT TAKE NO SHIT OFF OF NOBODY

Unfortunately I doubt its coming