Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Poll, team news, views, MATCH THREAD

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Twas a cracking night on here last season when on a wintery evening, Charlton run out winners at Ashton Gate.

Will the same be repeated tonight ?

What changes from Saturday do you expect, or would make ?

Comments

• I've gone for an optimistic draw.

1-1.

Hope he sticks with 4-4-2. We need to score goals out of this mess, and a striking partnership would certainly help. Dicko and Burton please. If we need a goal then either keep it 4-4-2 or put Shelvey behind Dickson (i.e. dont take Dickson off).

Oh, and someone crunch McIndoe.
  • edited February 2009
    I've gone for an optimistic City spanking.

3-1 Bristol

changed as I think Dicko will score.
  • I expect more people to be on the Match Thread tonight than to be in the away section at Ashton Gate.

As a result, we are charging £10 Adults, £5 OAPs, £3 U16s :-)
  • Going for a win just cos I want to.

Will not be on here tonight but expect the same starting line up unless Hudson is fit enough to play.

2 -1 Charlton Spring and Kandol
  • A romping 1-0 to us

go ahead in first 5 min and sit back - just to prove we can..............yeah whatever

can see a high scoring draw 2-2 or 3-3

dicko to start and score 1 of the 2 or 2 of the 3
  • Hard fought 1-1draw, unless the ref plays six extra mins in which case we will be f***ed.

Dicko to score, hopefully not too early. We do not want to be punished for spending 49 mins time-wasting as we did on Sat...
  • 5-0 Bristol City, after the elation of last Tuesday I'm back straight to reality.
  • If we win, where does that put us in the table ????

:-)
  • top of the hopefulness league.
  • Sponsored links:

• 5-1 to city we're shit FACT
  • 1-1 Elliott goal from a header in last moments....
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]5-1 to city we're shit FACT

[cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]If we win, where does that put us in the table ????

[cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]5-0 Bristol City, after the elation of last Tuesday I'm back straight to reality.

It'll be fun on here 2night?!
  • Well nobody else seems to beholding back so i'm going for 8-0.

Not really heart says 2-1 charlton mind says 2-1 city
  • Home win.

Anyone who says otherwise needs to be locked in a room with Gazza.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]If we win, where does that put us in the table ????

With three more points...

• I'm going for a Charlton win as I shall completely ignore the match until the results after 10 pm - it worked against Norwich & Palarse!
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Home win.

Anyone who says otherwise needs to be locked in a room with Gazza.

So long as its gascoigne and not glitter ;o)
  • Hope he sticks with the two up front - we've not kept many clean sheets this season (four?) so unless we score at least twice we're not going to win.

A draw is no good - may as well go for it and go down fighting...
  • Any optimism i had left was promptly washed away on Saturday, so going to have to go for a narrow defeat i'm afraid. Don't like being negative but it's come to that.

1-0 City.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-0 BRISTOL.
  • 4-1 to Brizzle.
  • We've given 2 battling if not great displays recently. That means we are due a stinker.

4-0 Bristol City
  • Youga suspended so presumably Basey comes in.

Mc Indoe will tear him apart for pace if he plays on the right...
  • Didn't realise City were unbeaten since Boxing Day
  • Nor did I. But all runs have to come to an end!

On the other hand, we may not be the team to end it. We have managed to lose five times since Boxing Day...
  • edited February 2009
    3-0 Bristol City win. I don't expect any points, so to pick up one would be a bonus.

Basey will come in for the suspended Youga, and I think Holland will retain his place at centre half. I'd like to see Racon start but I can't see PP dropping either Bailey or Spring at the moment. Dickson to retain his place up front along side Burton.
  • [quote]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Didn't realise City were unbeaten since Boxing Day[/quote]

Thanks for that! I was just starting to think if we sneaked a win tonight could we get off the bottom on sat?
  • Whose the other 3 loons along with henry, lancashire and myself?

I'm just optimistic - also got us at 5-1, crackin odds!!