Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol City v Charlton - Poll, team news, views, MATCH THREAD

Comments

• City do seem to have run into their best form of the season unfortunately...
  • My optimism was washed away on Saturday ... for that reason I am only expecting us to win by the odd goal in five.
  • [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]Whose the other 3 loons along with henry, lancashire and myself?

I'm just optimistic - also got us at 5-1, crackin odds!!

I'm a fully qualified loon, don't forget .... 2-1 Charlton win ;o)
  • I'd never say you were a loon, Oggy, fully qualified or otherwise. Merely that if I was asked to make a list of the fine and estimable qualities I most admire you for, pragmatism might not quite come top of the list!

;o)
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2009
    Maybe they will underestimate us due to our position, and think they just have to turn up for a win?

We battled to our first win for months at Norwich the other week, battled to beat palarse last week, and should have got a point at one of the toughest places to go in the championship on Saturday, perhaps there are small shoots of a revival springing up?
  • We will win with two lucky goals and an undeserved penalty 1-3
  • 2.1 charlton diving header bailey last min in front of 1500 away support
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Maybe they will underestimate us due to our position, and think they just have to turn up for a win?

We battled to our first win for months at Norwich the other week, battled to beat palarse last week, and should have got a point at one of the toughest places to go in the championship on Saturday, perhaps there are small shoots of a revival springing up?

come on now less of that kinda talk on here, you know the rules
  • [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Maybe they will underestimate us due to our position, and think they just have to turn up for a win?

come on now less of that kinda talk on here, you know the rules

LOL, someone has to think positive.

Go back a month, if I had said to you after the Norwich FA cup home game, we will beat Norwich away in the replay, beat palace at home in the league and then come only the refs whistle away from taking a point at Burnley....who wouldn't have taken that scenario? and you would have called me mad then as well.
  • As someone always asks about the commentary:

Exclusive commentary of Charlton's Championship clash with Bristol City tonight (7.45pm) will be available via CAFC TV and broadcast by BBC LONDON 94.9. BBC LONDON's evening sports show, presented by Phil Parry, starts at 7pm and will feature the build-up to the game. And full commentary on events at Ashton Gate will be available on 94.9 FM and its digital radio channel, as well as the club's video website as the Addicks aim to claw their way back from the foot of the table. Fans can also follow the action via the live matchday centre, with text updates, all the latest statistical information and a league table that updates as the goals go in across the country. Get more details on CAFC TV on http://www.cafctv.co.uk <http://www.cafctv.co.uk/&gt; .
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton to win...

Unchanged side assuming Hudson isn't fit, otherwise Hudson back for Holland.
  • Away win. 1-3

Kandol
    Basey
    Dickson

Have faith.
  • We used to be good but now we're shit. So 4-0 to Brizzle Settee
  • How's this for a definition of optimism...it's snowing, about -1 degrees with a bit of chill factor thrown in and an ice cream van has just driven past ringing its bell touting for business.
  • 15 -3

to city dicko hat trick
  • on this thread can we emulate the cafctv coverage by discussing the burnley v west brom match before switching to our game 5 minutes into the match.

4-0 brizzle btw.
  • edited February 2009
    ''How's this for a definition of optimism...it's snowing, about -1 degrees with a bit of chill factor thrown in and an ice cream van has just driven past ringing its bell touting for business.''

Don't tell me - Oggy was driving and Suzi was serving the choc-ices, right?

Hats off to our optimists. We need them when there's people like me around - not to mention dear old NLA who seems to reckon Dicko's going to get a hat-trick but we'll still lose !!!
  • 2-1 Bristol City, with an equaliser somehow from Burton.
  • I've gone for the draw - optimistically!
  • McIndoe puts Bristol ahead 20 minutes in, Diko equalizes in the 60th minute, and then in the 4th minute of extra time Adebola scores and Bristol win 2-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• No Jonjo - he hasn't even travelled.
  • It's on then.

Another perfectly good evening ruined by Charlton Athletic.

(Unless you're a Bristol fan of course)
  • [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]No Jonjo - he hasn't even travelled.

slight ankle knock
  • Sadly, saturday again showed that nothing ever changes, particularly away from home. The best we can manage is to get our hopes up a little more before they are dashed. Two nil City.
  • No one bothered to tell Tom Harvey for his preview on the OS - "Ambrose and Jonjo Shelvey might provide attacking options in a 4-5-1 formation"
  • I'm going for a thumping 4 - 0 victory for Charlton.
  • 1-2
    dickson and Burton.
  • Not listening to CafcTV's Jonathon Woss, will be tuning into BBC Wadio Bwistol.
  • oohaa u not making the trip then
  • Hope Jon Jo's injury wasn't as a result of falling off his toboggan, as exclusively predicted by me yesterday. It was supposed to be a joke!

Strikes me if we get something out of tonight, there's a huge game coming up at the weekend pitting the other two teams in the drop zone against each other - Watford v Soton.

But one thing at a time. Let's just win tonight first and put some pressure on both of them ...