Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New to the site ? tell us where you live

Comments

• Options
    Born in Swindon, currently a Student at Aberystwyth University. Don't get to watch charlton nearly as often as I'd like!
  • Options
    Born in Sidcup, live Orpington - (St Mary Cray, St Pauls Cray, Poverest and now Crofton)
  • Options
    Lancaster to Sheffield to Barnsley to South Manchester (commuting to Liverpool).
  • Options
    Woolwich.
    A Charlton fan from Woolwich, who'da funk it.
  • Options
    Born in Dartford, conceived in Charlton (apparently !), now live Brentwood. Obvious choice although very few of us at school supported Charlton during the 80's in Wilmington.
  • Options
    Born Pembury... Since then Eltham, Yeovil, Exeter, Bath, Birmingham, Oxford and now Coventry
  • Options
    born in dartford now live in a little village called chart sutton nr. maidstone - doubt if anyones heards of it! Via barnehurst and blackfen.
  • Options
    for the record, I'm still in Catford.
  • Options
    Barnsley, Pinner, Sevenoaks, Tottenham, Palmers Green, Deptford, New Cross, Hither Green. Mum's from Charlton, my grandparents spent their whole life their.

More interestingly, I'm reliably informed by a mate at work who lives there that our former captian Simon Webster now lives on Eversley Road in the area estate agents annoyingly like to call "Charlton Slopes".
  • Options
    On the move again, am moving from Mottingham Village to The Barnfield estate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fairly new to the site (as a registered user anyway) from St. Albans, Hertfordshire.

Was in a curry restaurant in Stevenage at the weekend when I noticed a CAFC mug on the bar (being used as a pen holder), and was told it was a gift from a regular who is a huge Addicks fan! Little things like that make me proud as anything Charlton is a rarity around here! All Gooners/Yidos.

Any Stevenage Addicks on here like to lay claim to it?? :)
  • Options
    tunbridge wells :)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]tunbridge wells :)[/quote]

No need to put a smiley, its a well know fact that all "propa" Charlton live in Kent.............(puts on tin hat)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite][cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]Cairo (14yrs), Geneva (10), Zurich (2), Soho (2 best years of my life), Wiesbaden (1), Milan (1), Rotterdam (1), Beirut (3), France (39),
    now living in Paris.

Impressive keyboard skills for an (at least) 73 year old. Are you our oldest lifer?
  • Options
    Born High Wycombe brought up in Orpington, spent a couple of years in Saudi and now live in Beckenham. Worked out the other day that I've lived in/called home over 20 places including glamourous locations such as elephant and castle, bermondsey, bow and Liverpool.

Proper international playboy stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Rufus is a dogs name[/cite]Fairly new to the site (as a registered user anyway) from St. Albans, Hertfordshire.

Was in a curry restaurant in Stevenage at the weekend when I noticed a CAFC mug on the bar (being used as a pen holder), and was told it was a gift from a regular who is a huge Addicks fan! Little things like that make me proud as anything Charlton is a rarity around here! All Gooners/Yidos.

Living about ten miles to the NE of Stevenage, I might offer to add my Alan Pardew 'The Manager' mug to the restauranteur's collection.

St Albans? Stevenage? And me in Buntingford plus one or two lads in the Hertford and Ware area. We may have ourselves a Herts branch.
  • Options
    I like this thread - some people (unlike myself) have very interesting lives and it's fascinating seeing the journeys that people have taken in life and how they ended up throwing in their lot with the greatest football club in the whole wide world........I love the obscure ones!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rufus is a dogs name[/cite]Fairly new to the site (as a registered user anyway) from St. Albans, Hertfordshire.

Living about ten miles to the NE of Stevenage, I might offer to add my Alan Pardew 'The Manager' mug to the restauranteur's collection.

St Albans? Stevenage? And me in Buntingford plus one or two lads in the Hertford and Ware area. We may have ourselves a Herts branch.

Definitely! Actually living in Hitchin as of about a month ago so not far from Buntingford at all. Dad (ST holder as well) still lives in St. Albans & knows of a couple of Addicks there so you may be right... maybe a Herts branch is on the cards!

Agree with bigstemarra - interesting treads these ones. What a mixed bunch we are!
  • Options
    Don't really post much but I very much enjoy reading other fellow addicks views on here and I have lived on Canvey Island for 21 years!
  • Options
    Been living in a little surf town on the West Coast of Mexico for the last 4 months (Sayulita). Great life style, but have to get back to reallity and earn some decent cash come April. Tossing up whether to move back up to Canada or back home to London for the first time in 4 years. Really torn!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Born Hammersmith
    Lived Bexley 26 years, now live Islington for 2 years.
  • Options
    Originally from Essex, first went to Charlton in 60's with parents who come from SE London Now living in Peterborough, what a great show the boys put on for me this season in my town.
  • Options
    Born in Greenwich, stayed there till i was 19 and now am in Leeds for uni, but will be making the trip home this weekend to see the return of Sir Chrissy Powell!
    Come on you Reds!!!
  • Options
    Born Ashford (Kent)
    Live Hythe (Kent)

Taken up to the Valley as a kid by Grandad who used to live in Catford and take my mum to games every week in the 60s.
  • Options
    Born in Shooters Hill, lived in Thamesmead and Woolwich. Spent most of my life in Millwall territory (Old Kent Road)
  • Options
    Been a member on here since Jul 2009, never added to this thread - so here goes -
    born in Plumstead at a very young age! Lived in New Eltham (22 yrs), Rochester (6), Woking (6), Nottingham (15), Happisburgh (Norfolk) (1), Hinckley at present (5)....however also worked abroad for 2 1/2 years in Philippines, Peru, Cape Town, Bangalore, Cairo and Mauritius.
  • Options
    I live in Middle Park Avenue, Eltham. Near Mottingham Station. Have done for 3 years
  • Options
    Born Greenwich, blackheath now shootershill
  • Options
    Born Sidcup, lived in Bexleyheath all my life, down Latham Road now...Dad has a home in Chatham so i stay there a lot.
  • Options
    First-time poster, but felt drawn to contribute to this particular thread. I lived in Sidcup in the early 60's with parents and 2 brothers when Dad died of lung cancer at the age of 33. I was only 11 when a friendly neighbour by the name of Bill Thrower (and his son of the same name if I remember correctly) offered to take me along to watch Charlton one Saturday. I was hooked and he kindly took me with him every Saturday - first team one week and reserves the next - until my Mum moved my brothers and I to Harlow. Although this is an area of Spurs and Arsenal fans, with a smattering of Hammers thrown in, there are quite a few of us who admit to folowing Charlon.
    I have never had the chance to thank Bill Thrower - Senior and Junior - for taking this snotty kid under their wing and for giving me unique and abiding memories, smells and sounds of The Valley that have remained with me for over 40 years. (I cannot hear Jonathan King's record of "Everyone's Gone to the Moon" without remembering blaring out as we went through the turnstiles on those early visits).
    Thanks for the memories Bill, wherever you may be.