Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]He also said Palace are a bigger club than Charlton , this website is full of wa.nkers and something nasty about my Mum , now can we all HATE him ?

I'm holding off until he picks on our away following !

Or Kevn Lisbie!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]He also said Palace are a bigger club than Charlton , this website is full of wa.nkers and something nasty about my Mum , now can we all HATE him ?

Give him his due 2 out of 3 were right
  • Options
    he is an "arrogant little twerp who hates the english" as many a scot do.. but now skinny Andy has built big biceps - he showed us all yesterday you know - we should respect him. the butt headed twonk.

Good tennis player mind you and just our luck that it will be a scot who hates the english that might win Wimbledon one day after such a long wait.

I loved alan wells. he was my childhood hero. did he hate the english does anyone know? i can then have my dreams shattered.
  • Options
    The odd thing is, I have met many Scots who say they "hate" the English. But what they actually hate is the English media, especially when it comes to sport - so when I point out that the vast majority of us hate them too, and explain why, they realise we have a lot more in common than they think.

They are fed up with hearing about 1966 they say, I just point out that if they had won it would be just the same from them (no-one has ever denied this) and that they have banners saying "Remember Bannockburn" at games where they play England, if they want to go back that far, they can hardly have a go at us for remembering something that happened a couple of generations ago...
  • Options
    ITS TENNIS !!!!!! FFS

Curb-It followed CAFC all my life but my boy hood footie hero was Dennis Law. When i got is life story i was pole axed to read he went to play golf rather than watch the 1966 World Cup because he couldnt bare watching the English in the final !

As for the crowd last nite my God there was an awful lot there that needed shooting !
  • Options
    "Curb-It followed CAFC all my life but my boy hood footie hero was Dennis Law. When i got is life story i was pole axed to read he went to play golf rather than watch the 1966 World Cup because he couldnt bare watching the English in the final !"

But the w*nker was happy to ply his trade and earn his money in England and lap up the adoration from the English fans week in week out.
  • Options
    so you watched it then?
    why did you watch it if "its tennis"?

i thought it was very exciting - even if it was a scotsman who hates the english.

spent a few years with some scots in hong kong - sat there watching them chear Turkey, then argentina in france 98 etc. gets right on my goat when i have always cheered for any scots/welsh and naturaly irish being a fair bit irish myself.
  • Options
    watched the news !!
  • Options
    Does he really hate the English or has it been blown out of proportion? His girlfriend is English!
  • Options
    I doubt he does mate, but like alots of joke Jocks they love to see the English loose, thats not hate though is it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    t'was an excellent game of tennis.

Hopefully now Mr Murray will retract his statement as he only won because of the English crowd who clearly rattled the frenchman.

I will say HOW anyone from this Island can support a frog against anyone from here be it Scots welsh, whatever needs a kick up the jacksy.
  • Options
    There's an unseeded girl called Zheng Jie still left in it.

I reckon we should support her....
  • Options

You should hear what he has to say about Valley Gold!
  • Options
    I heard that his anti England stuff was said in an interview with Tim Henman sitting next to him. He was presumably continuing a private wind up. The comment was tongue in cheek.

I didn't warm to him because he was a miserably spotty youth with a surly/moany attitude on court. Pete Sampras wasn't exactly Mr Personality but he earned everyone's repect coz he was seriously good. Henman was a "decent chap" but he won f*ck all at Wimbledon. I really don't care whether Murray is happy, sad, magnanimous or egocentric. He'll be a hero if he wins - period.
  • Options
    Binga you herd wrong. Henman was no where near when he said it .Murray was in Joke Land when it was said .

He may be your hero but he aint mine PERIOD.
  • Options
    Well GH, who knows the truth? Maybe he said it more than once then because a reporter on the BEEB said that he was interviewing them at the time it was said. He won't be my hero, I was talking about him becoming a public hero. Borg is my tennis hero (even more so now as we have discovered he's also addickted).
  • Options
    game set and match thankfully its over for another year
  • Options
    Congratulations to Laura Robson, 14 years old, unseeded and winning the Girls Title yesterday against a 16 year old, 3rd seed.

Could get a wildcard into the main draw next year at only 15 years old!
  • Options
    Reading through this thread, seems like not many on here have ever played the game.

Playing for my club in the North Kent League (two or three matches (four/five sets) per week, mixed and mens doubles during the summer season), I meet numerous fellow Addicks playing for opposing teams.

It's likely that people who play tennis tend to watch/follow it more than non-participants. It's good for fitness, physical and mental, and good to see as many teenage players as 'old gits' in local league matches!!
  • Options
    I think Murray might have come to watch at least one of our matches last season.

My wife thought she had spotted him standing outside the Valley Cafe on the night of one of our midweek home games (Stoke I think).

I then read last week that one of his fitness coaches is a Charlton fan - and jokes on Murray's website that he's trying to 'convert' him - so it might well have been him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How on earth have we got a French umpire officiating at the Mens final. This is Wimledon, the greatest tennis tournament in the world, surely we should have one of our own. It's all wrong I tell you!
  • Options
    What a final!
  • Options
    Magnificent reminiscent of the best of Borg, McEnroe, Connors et al

Shame there had to be a loser.
  • Options
    Yeah, crap this tennis lark aint it?

Absolutely friggin awesome sport - the most riveting match I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Those two are light years ahead of the english hating jock

great entertainment
  • Options
    I've been in the pub for nine hours and watched the first part sober and the last part drunk.

Absolute admiration for two blokes clearly at the top of their game.

Great sport.
  • Options
    Who won?
  • Options
    Not that I'm interested ot anything!! ;-)
  • Options
    Nadal - 6-4, 6-4, 6-7, 6-7, 9-7
  • Options
    McEnroe has said repeatedly that it was the best match he's ever seen.