Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tennis

Comments

• Options
    Whoopee! One of the most annoying people on the planet. Not just the unbearable screaming, but the horrible, whining, psudo California accent all these eastern European dolly birds seem to have...
  • Options
    yeah,but you still would.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]I am pretty sure we had tennis courts at our school - Paulbaconsarnie can you rremember that sure we did-

Yeah there were loads in between the gyms at EG.
  • Options
    I went a couple of times when I was in my late teens (about 1953....:-)). I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the general ambience. The great thing was for me in those days, you could watch real stars playing doubles on outside courts. Now much less frequently do the big stars play in doubles and mixed doubles so something is missing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]yeah,but you still would.

Not even with yours mate... :-D

I like women who look like women, not teenage boys (figure wise, obviously, not face...)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Whoopee! One of the most annoying people on the planet. Not just the unbearable screaming, but the horrible, whining, psudo California accent all these eastern European dolly birds seem to have...

She could grunt every 3 or 4 seconds with me anytime.
  • Options
    Tony Parsons has a pop.

more murray bashing
  • Options
    Tony Parsons, I love him and his writing. Always have. Especially for getting rid of Julie Burchill.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Tony Parsons, I love him and his writing. Always have. Especially for getting rid of Julie Burchill.

I would agree with you, until I read some of the bland twaddle that fills his mirror column.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Tony Parsons, I love him and his writing. Always have. Especially for getting rid of Julie Burchill.

Does Viz use the character "Tony Parsehole", which parodies Parson's writing in the Daily Mirror? And Private Eye also have some fun at his expense in Pseuds Corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we can meet up and tennis another day mate
  • Options
    I'd forgotten what a flap Tony Parsons, was. If he can find nothing better to write about than something a young tennis player said two years ago, then he's definitely run his course.
  • Options
    When it came to the crunch I bottled it!

It goes against the grain not to support the British player even if I don't like him!

You have to give the guy credit for battling back from 2 sets and 5-4 down....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]When it came to the crunch I bottled it!

It goes against the grain not to support the British player even if I don't like him!

You have to give the guy credit for battling back from 2 sets and 5-4 down....

ditto len turned on at that point in third set and looking forward to him lose i found myself wanting him to win......i'm ashamed of myself... still nadal will slaughter him
  • Options
    gutted he won will be cheering on nadal wont be watching it but will still be cheering on nadal
  • Options
    Forced to watched this as the mother in law was round. Couldn't help but dislike Murray all that fake aggression and doing the clenched fist bit like Heman on acid. What a plank! I wanted the frenchman to win, I thought he played with far more dignity (well as much dignity as you can witha baseball cap turned back to front to display the sponsors logo).
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Didnt know whether to put this in the 'things women say' section

Was watching TV last night when they switched the tennis to BBC 1. I hate tennis and Murray so didnt watch but my wife was when she turned to me and said " This match is real end to end stuff"
  • Options
    lol - it was a great tennis match regardless who was playing and whether you like them or not. Some of the shots were out of this world - really world class.

As for Murray, i think it was the match the British public finally warmed to him. The passion he showed, he didnt sulk when things werent going his way and he was geeing up the crowd all throughout.

Very enjoyable match and good luck in the quarters Andy but don't try your fancy drop shots against Rafa too often please.
  • Options
    "Warm to him" f**kin students !!

The British sports media are at it again "greatest match ever" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    yes of course it was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

Does Viz use the character "Tony Parsehole", which parodies Parson's writing in the Daily Mirror? And Private Eye also have some fun at his expense in Pseuds Corner.

I don't read the Mirror and wouldn't wipe my arse with Private Eye.

Not saying everything he ever wrote is great. Column's like that are meant to be a bit polemical
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not me gh - i still think he's a moody arrogant little f*ckwit.

However, it was a great match last night - probably not ever but still excellent.
  • Options
    I am gobsmacked. The Mrs. was watching a film when I got in from work last night, I flicked over during the adverts to see him 2-0 down, and though "That's that, then". And now you are telling me he won...

Hats off, whatever he said about us, thats a good comeback.

Stig - I hope that M-in-L is as magnanimous about football when you are at her house.
  • Options
    lol glad im not alone. I switched on to watch gasket serving for the match and ended up willing Murray to win... i had to take a bath after as i felt dirty!
    Great match to watch, as said, regardless of how you feel.

Also thought the wimbledon crowd was a bit "unsporting for them" booing him taking a pee etc.

Some of the people in the crowd tho...
  • Options
    We watched it too. Was very exciting! They were aussies weren't they? geeing everyone on, starting the mexican wave? what were they singing to the tune of "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands?"
  • Options
    no i wasnt referring to the aussies in particular. they were funny... but weird. must have some scottish blood or something!

and the camera getting going to the box seats and im sure i wsa supposed to recognise some of the famous faces but i didnt recognise anyone.
  • Options
    I think Henry Winkler and Sting were there yesterday.

Happy Days.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Can't fully buy into this anti-Murray stuff to be honest.

I don't really care what a kid said when he was 18 about the English. The Scots have always carried this supposed hatred but its more a petty little brother jealousy thing to me, and by retaliating, were dropping down to their level.

I've always been proud to be British, and in sport i relate to anyone who is British. At the coming Olympics i will be cheering from the rafters anyone that has a chance of getting God Save the Queen played, and i don't care if they come from Bexley, Belfast, Barry Island or the Braes of Balquhidder.
  • Options
    I can't believe we're all up in arms cos a Scot said he didn't want England to win the World Cup. Even if he wasn't having a laugh, fancy a Scot not liking the English, blimey what a historical shocker that is eh!!!? What and the French all love us I suppose?????

Never mind that he was nineteen when he said it and I'm sure all of us we were/are completely faux pas free at that age and would be able to choose our words so carefuly under the intense media spotlight.

Of course he's an arrogant little twerp as many talented sporting individuals are and I dislike the apparent absence of manners both on and off the court. In the same way that I did when John Mcenroe was brooding around the sport. Doesn't stop me having respect for his talent or hoping that a male British player might actually win a major in my lifetime.
  • Options
    He also said Palace are a bigger club than Charlton , this website is full of wa.nkers and something nasty about my Mum , now can we all HATE him ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]He also said Palace are a bigger club than Charlton , this website is full of wa.nkers and something nasty about my Mum , now can we all HATE him ?

I'm holding off until he picks on our away following !