Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Much damage to your car, Gribbo?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Much damage to your car, Gribbo?
    Land Rover mate, only get damaged under the bonnet 
  • Options
    The way that car companies manipulate the prices of car colours so that people have to pay well over the odds if they want anything other than this quinquennial's base colour. I know that Henry Ford famously said, "you can have any colour you like as long as it's black", but that was 100 years ago. I'd have hoped we'd have moved on from that now.

In recent history we've had periods where red, white, silver and most recently black have been priced to be the dominant colour. Now, that god-awful dull grey is being foist upon us, with every other new car looking like it's had an undercoat but nothing more. The noticeable back up colour in this season of car colour hideousness is that horrible beige that's the colour of surgical stockings. Its so unnecessarily boring, and given the dullness of recent colour picks, potentially more dangerous with vehicles blending into the background. 
  • Options
    Henry Ford did not say that famous quote
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Henry Ford did not say that famous quote
    But he did say "Seems like the government's got more interest in a dead man than a live one"
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    There's a girl who's often sitting on Westerham Green with some sort of snake and I've got a story from my shopkeeping days, involving a reptile and Rolph Harris, I'll share it when I ain't grafting.
    Some sort of snake?
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Gribbo said:
    There's a girl who's often sitting on Westerham Green with some sort of snake and I've got a story from my shopkeeping days, involving a reptile and Rolph Harris, I'll share it when I ain't grafting.
    Some sort of snake?
    Not sure
    It don't adder up.
  • Options
    That was a humour attempt lower than a snakes belly(-:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cblock said:
    Gribbo said:
    Some sort of snake?
    Yeah, story is -

One of the lads who used to come in the shop to try and buy cigarettes, came in with a small snake. I had a fair sized queue and told him to take it home as it was cruel to bring it our. A couple of hours late, he's come rushing back into the shop looking behind the card displays and under the shelving etc. I said to him to stop messing about, but he reckoned he'd lost this snake. Fast forward to the following day, the bloke who ran the news kiosk over the road (where this lad was a paper boy) rang me up saying that he'd found a snake in his kiosk, called the RSPCA, and they were coming to his kiosk with a film crew and Rolf Harris. In the end it was just the film crew and an RSPCA officer come down

• Options
    clive said:
    Bad spellingMay be an image of text that says 10 REQUEST STOP Heavitree Road towards Qween Plumstead Station Hospital M1100 051 or Elizabeth 291 Ni- 53
    I agree, surely a sentence starts with a capital.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Bad spellingMay be an image of text that says 10 REQUEST STOP Heavitree Road towards Qween Plumstead Station Hospital M1100 051 or Elizabeth 291 Ni- 53
    I agree, surely a sentence starts with a capital.
    Run out of some letters and couldn't be arced to go back to the depo?
  • Options
    There's no verb so it isn't a sentence
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Of the things that annoy people, I'm sure the the grammar police are close to the top of things that annoy. :)

So I googled it, (for those of us with CSE grade 3 English);

Towards is a preposition, not an adverb, so it is always followed by a noun or a pronoun. 
    I still haven't a clue.

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Of the things that annoy people, I'm sure the the grammar police are close to the top of things that annoy. :)

So I googled it, (for those of us with CSE grade 3 English);

Towards is a preposition, not an adverb, so it is always followed by a noun or a pronoun. 
    I still haven't a clue.

Depends if Plumstead Station or Queen Elisabeth Hospital self describe as he, she or they
  • Options
    They what?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:
    The way that car companies manipulate the prices of car colours so that people have to pay well over the odds if they want anything other than this quinquennial's base colour. I know that Henry Ford famously said, "you can have any colour you like as long as it's black", but that was 100 years ago. I'd have hoped we'd have moved on from that now.

In recent history we've had periods where red, white, silver and most recently black have been priced to be the dominant colour. Now, that god-awful dull grey is being foist upon us, with every other new car looking like it's had an undercoat but nothing more. The noticeable back up colour in this season of car colour hideousness is that horrible beige that's the colour of surgical stockings. Its so unnecessarily boring, and given the dullness of recent colour picks, potentially more dangerous with vehicles blending into the background. 

Cars are definitely less colourful than they were:

• Options
    Life is less colourful year by year. We live in the age of beige. 
  • Options
    I hate confrontation but I had to say something, there's only so much akon and 50 cent one man can take. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Why can't people wear headphones when listening to music on their phones in public?! 

It baffles me. It's so disrespectful. 
    Because they're inconsiderate cnuts. Same goes for the parents of small children in pubs and restaurants who give the little brat an iPad and let it watch high-pitched cartoony shit at full volume.
    Or on planes
  • Options
    Problem is the bloke looked like Omar from the wire so was very concerned for my well being. Fortunately apart from being confused and put out by my objection to his music he did turn it off. 
  • Options
    Just now waiting for him to be a Charlton life member and he bitches on here about being annoyed that some little tosser asking him to turn his music off...
  • Options
    The score is annoying, but why ISL? It's Iceland 
  • Options
    edited June 8
    cafc375 said:
    The score is annoying, but why ISL? It's Iceland 
    Isl from over there, but take your point.

Perhaps the mob from SE25 will begin with 'CU' next season?