Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Being tall and forgetting to stoop at times when walking through doors, or down the stairs at home.

Banged my head twice yesterday, bloody painful it was the second time too!!
    Living in a farmhouse from pre 1800 the doors aren’t made for people 6ft+
    I had lovely trinkets dangling from the frames to prevent the bumping of heads.
    However, after himself continuing to scalp his bonce periodically I have hung bunting across every doorway that even tickles my barnet as I walk through.
    Annoying. But it’s worked!
  • That Ian Wright rarely mentions Bradley but always mentions Shaun. 
  • Buses. No longer have a car so have to rely on these cunts. For those outside London like me you can not fathom what an absolute shit show they now are since COVID. They have cut them to a skeleton operation. Where I live there's no buses after 3pm. Used to be till at least 8. Plus they have a habit of not turning up on time if at all. 
    Currently at my brother-in-law's place looking after mum-in-law while they have a break. They live in posh house (Antoine Semenyo has just moved in down the street) in St. Leonards, near Ringwood. From the nearest stop the C13 runs once a day weekdays only, the 38 four times a day until 1.30 weekdays, five buses on Saturday - the last one is at, wait for it... TEN TO THREE! Sunday - fuck all. If you can get a taxi "service" to answer the phone they tell you when they can pick up, rather than when you want them and most of them have fucking Sunday off too. Even the UBER we ordered three hours in advance the other night messaged ten minutes before pick up to say they'd be 20 minutes late. 

Hardly an incentive to stop people drinking and driving, let alone allowing those without cars to actually get out and about.    
    Re your last point, I read yesterday that uber are considering not allowing drunk passengers. That's pretty much the whole point of them. 
  • arny23394 said:
    Buses. No longer have a car so have to rely on these cunts. For those outside London like me you can not fathom what an absolute shit show they now are since COVID. They have cut them to a skeleton operation. Where I live there's no buses after 3pm. Used to be till at least 8. Plus they have a habit of not turning up on time if at all. 
    Currently at my brother-in-law's place looking after mum-in-law while they have a break. They live in posh house (Antoine Semenyo has just moved in down the street) in St. Leonards, near Ringwood. From the nearest stop the C13 runs once a day weekdays only, the 38 four times a day until 1.30 weekdays, five buses on Saturday - the last one is at, wait for it... TEN TO THREE! Sunday - fuck all. If you can get a taxi "service" to answer the phone they tell you when they can pick up, rather than when you want them and most of them have fucking Sunday off too. Even the UBER we ordered three hours in advance the other night messaged ten minutes before pick up to say they'd be 20 minutes late. 

Hardly an incentive to stop people drinking and driving, let alone allowing those without cars to actually get out and about.    
    Re your last point, I read yesterday that uber are considering not allowing drunk passengers. That's pretty much the whole point of them. 
    Thats uber and pretty much every taxi company going under then. Not everyone (hardly anyone) is a social justice warrior getting electric ubers. 

Uber has done more in my honest opinion to quell the volume of low level drink driving that goes on in this country. If they are trying to qualify the level of drunk then good luck with that! Its the biggest reason people don't decide to drive a cab as a choice of work. Pissheads. 
  • The M & S advert where they’re pumping things up.
  • Ohhh, look at my "media-wall". No! Now fuck off.
  • PopIcon said:
    Ohhh, look at my "media-wall". No! Now fuck off.
    The mullets of the home, an attempted replacement for character in a soulless newbuild. 
  • Ha! What is this media wall noncery that you speak of?  Never heard of it but sounds grim
  • Sponsored links:

• Ha! What is this media wall noncery that you speak of?  Never heard of it but sounds grim
    In the old days we would call it a TV cabinet 
  • Flat pack cabin beds with shit instructions. Think all I've constructed is a death trap
  • edited May 19
    Sevenoaks Council commercial waste collection - You can only put cardboard and paper in recycling bin (that you pay for), so we've been taking plastics and glass to local recycling skips, but the council insist on mixing plastics and glass etc in with normal refuse, earning them more dough (£80 for a roll of 25 refuse bags). This has been an ongoing thing between myelf and themfor nearly a year now, but culminated in a visit from the council on Friday to insist we mix recyclingwith waste in the "paid for" bags. The price of the planet, eh?

Must be up ther with the London Mayor, allowing people to kill children for £12.50 a day.
     :D 
  • The abysmal state of the water companies in this country. It's about time somebody got hold of them by the bollocks and didn't let go.
    They should make them switch the bottles of Evian or Perrier on the Boardroom tables with random samples of their water pumped into rivers.
  • Hal1x said:
    The abysmal state of the water companies in this country. It's about time somebody got hold of them by the bollocks and didn't let go.
    They should make them switch the bottles of Evian or Perrier on the Boardroom tables with random samples of their water pumped into rivers.
    https://youtu.be/BGX4nMrnxg0?si=p61mphBu3z4IxfC-

• Labels that say chickens reared a certain way have had a happy life. How do they know? Did they ask them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just read that one of my favourite charities,The Donkey sanctuary is closing some depots due to lack of funds,Ah but surprise surprise.chief executives on 160.000 get to keep their jobs,absolute liberty,get rid of these parasites first.
    maybe if they didn't have such a good chief executive, they would raise even less funds and be closing more depots 
  • Just read that one of my favourite charities,The Donkey sanctuary is closing some depots due to lack of funds,Ah but surprise surprise.chief executives on 160.000 get to keep their jobs,absolute liberty,get rid of these parasites first.
    The cost of poor leadership is greater than the cost of good leadership. Execs in the charity sector are generally paid significantly less than their equivalents in the private sector taking into account size of organisation amount of money handled etc.
  • When you order 8 shower screen rollers and you’ve only opened the packaging for the first 4 !

• MrOneLung said:
    Just read that one of my favourite charities,The Donkey sanctuary is closing some depots due to lack of funds,Ah but surprise surprise.chief executives on 160.000 get to keep their jobs,absolute liberty,get rid of these parasites first.
    maybe if they didn't have such a good chief executive, they would raise even less funds and be closing more depots 
    If they are closing depots down he cant be that good,perhaps get shot of him and employ people whos priority is the donkeys and not lining their pockets with my money.Would like to see these people try and match these salaries out side of public funded organisations.
  • The absolute garbage state of fresh fruit and veg that our supermarkets are charging us a fortune for these days. Can't remember the last time I saw a banana that was ready to eat now and not 5 days from now, or was ready 5 days ago.
    Totally agree,Morrisons bananas recently have been a disgrace.I worked in the fresh produce industry most of my working life,and witnessed the  gradual elimination of your local greengrocers by the supermarkets.You can still find a decent greengrocer in your town centre,and local markets,use them and see the difference in quality.
  • The absolute garbage state of fresh fruit and veg that our supermarkets are charging us a fortune for these days. Can't remember the last time I saw a banana that was ready to eat now and not 5 days from now, or was ready 5 days ago.
    Totally agree,Morrisons bananas recently have been a disgrace.I worked in the fresh produce industry most of my working life,and witnessed the  gradual elimination of your local greengrocers by the supermarkets.You can still find a decent greengrocer in your town centre,and local markets,use them and see the difference in quality.
    Unfortunately you cannot get the same quality as you can where the fruit is grown. A nectarine or peach should be ripe when you buy it and messy when you eat it. Can’t beat fruit from the Med. I can be bothered to buy these from supermarkets, they are either rock hard or go mouldy before they become sweet. Bananas annoy me every week, Monday morning they are a bit green a couple of days later the remainder are too ripe. 
    We do however grow some nice fruit in this country, cherries apples, plums and homegrown tomatoes are so much better than the supermarket ones. 
  • edited May 20
    Raising funds in a cost of living crisis is extremely difficult for all charities. Good leadership is vital for charities in the same way as it is for any other business.
  • My preference is to support small, local charities run in the main by volunteers as the donations are more likely to go directly towards the cause you are supporting in my experience.

The behemoth charities, in the main, are too concerned with creaming off 'admin costs' to cover executive salaries as they see themselves as competing in the charity sector rather than supplying a needed service.
  • edited May 21
    The absolute garbage state of fresh fruit and veg that our supermarkets are charging us a fortune for these days. Can't remember the last time I saw a banana that was ready to eat now and not 5 days from now, or was ready 5 days ago.
    Unfortunately you cannot get the same quality as you can where the fruit is grown. A nectarine or peach should be ripe when you buy it and messy when you eat it. Can’t beat fruit from the Med. I can be bothered to buy these from supermarkets, they are either rock hard or go mouldy before they become sweet. Bananas annoy me every week, Monday morning they are a bit green a couple of days later the remainder are too ripe. 
    We do however grow some nice fruit in this country, cherries apples, plums and homegrown tomatoes are so much better than the supermarket ones. 
    We are coming into apricot season. My favourite fruit but I only ever buy the Spanish ones in the summer, the south African ones we get in the winter are flavourless, miserable little bullets by comparison. Always try to buy from a market stall - better and cheaper than any supermarket
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!