Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    People who park at the pump at the petrol station, only to use the shop and don't get any fuel.

Van drivers who fix their ladders to the roof rack too far off the back of the van, rather than over hang the bonnet (Worse on the Continent, but see it too many times here).

Car passengers who sit with thier feet up on the dashboard.

It's illegal to do that in Portugal. And to drive or ride a motorbike wearing flip-flops. 

Dull but true.  
    Remember seeing a news report on French TV explaining the injuries suffered in a crash when sitting that position, seem to remember it being potentially worse for women. I just think it's disrespectful showing the bottoms of your feet to everyone. F**king hate feet as it is
  • Options
    edited March 23
    The honours systems:
    Hearing Sir Andy at tennis or Sir Anthony for AP makes me cringe. After the criminal Saville was knighted and unfortunately died before he could rot in prison they should've been abolished.
    They were for the knights going into battle not for millionaires Sportsmen and friends of politicians and Royals.
  • Options
    People getting angry at other people being angry over something.

Shut up!
  • Options
    Barbers.

I ask for the same thing every time - and it's basically "Like this but shorter", and quite a simple short back and sides type haircut.

And yet it ends up being different every time.
  • Options
    Barbers.

I ask for the same thing every time - and it's basically "Like this but shorter", and quite a simple short back and sides type haircut.

I’m not sure money launderers always demand high standards / skill of those cutting hair these days 😉😆
  • Options
    Bulky pee pads.
  • Options
    Barbers.

Would love the opportunity for a barbers to do something to annoy me. All I could have if I went in one now would be a spit and polish.
    I'm OK on that front but I do have the kids going "You should really ask them to dye your hair at the same time, it's looking very white..." every time!
  • Options
    Barbers.

Would love the opportunity for a barbers to do something to annoy me. All I could have if I went in one now would be a spit and polish.
    And you'll be charged a search fee.
  • Options
    Barbers.

We're not talking about manscaping barbers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barbers.

In the 90s me and all my mates, in fact most of the males in Chatham would go to Toni & Franco's barbers at the end of Chatham High Street. People would come in with pictures of Patrick Swayze, or other delusions of grandeur, writing cheques Toni or Franc were simply not prepared to cash. Regardless what you asked for everyone would leave looking the same. The only exception is when you clocked what was going on and asked for them to just shave it all off
  • Options
    Why is it that we can't do roadworks these days without "One way working", or poorly sign posted diversions. 
    A journey from Lingfield to New Eltham last week using the A25 instead of the M25, because of the 25 being congested turned into 90 mins of shear frustration. 
    Years ago it was an oil lamp and a careful roadworks sign and we were all fine
  • Options
    Why is it that we can't do roadworks these days without "One way working", or poorly sign posted diversions. 
    A journey from Lingfield to New Eltham last week using the A25 instead of the M25, because of the 25 being congested turned into 90 mins of shear frustration. 
    Years ago it was an oil lamp and a careful roadworks sign and we were all fine
    Partly litigation, partly driving standards have fallen off a cliff in this country and the not unreasonable expectation of the people carrying out works next to or on the carriageway to have as much protection as possible not to mention giving drivers crystal clear direction. 

I'm regularly screamed at by self-important, inadequate drivers who are incapable of negotiating their way past a set of temporary traffic lights or my favourite, the ones who take the decision road closure signs dont apply to them and are made to reverse 300 yards back down the skinny country lane we unbelievably had to close to enable us to work. 

I totally agree about the volume of roadworks and badly co-ordinated road works but unless you want to put your faith in the great British motoring public to keep you safe when a lot can't manage not using a mobile phone whilst driving, and have no idea of lane discipline I will give myself the best chance I can of not meeting my maker on the highways of the UK 
  • Options
    KCC Highways advising that a road will be closed from a certain date, but then you find that the work hasn't started, no work is being done and there is no new information as to when it is going to start.

Road signs left out long after the work has finished.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KCC Highways advising that a road will be closed from a certain date, but then you find that the work hasn't started, no work is being done and there is no new information as to when it is going to start.

and the old favorite three or four vans parked up, a portaloo, a small hole three foot square, three blokes in the vans reading the sun/smoking a fag and the work experience boy poking at the hole with a shovel.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:

and the old favorite three or four vans parked up, a portaloo, a small hole three foot square, three blokes in the vans reading the sun/smoking a fag and the work experience boy poking at the hole with a shovel.
    If it's any consolation, no different here in Portugal, except there would be five blokes in the van, staring out the window smoking a fag. 
  • Options
    The increasingly common tendency to muddy the pronunciation of the letter S, especially at the start of a word when the second letter is a consonant:
    Schtrictly
    Schtupid
    Schcreen
    Schwing

It might be all right for Germans, but no thanks otherwise.

• Options
    The fact that Michael Appleton is currently working on 5 Live as a pundit - the channel has been immediately changed !
  • Options
    Those Friday afternoon phone in shows on radio 2 and Greatest Hits radio where people phone in with a request for a song and then say what they are getting up to over the weekend.

The rage comes from both aspects of the phone call - the songs "requested" are always so mainstream/middle of the road/unadventurous just normal safe play list fodder, and the second part of the call is just a boast about what a brilliant weekend they are going to be having doing mainstream/middle of the road/unadventurous bog standard crap with every call set up by the station in the same way with the presenter firing question after question at the caller creating a show which is just a conveyor belt of vanilla , safe, unoriginal, all the same tripe with no originality or individuality.
  • Options
    ...just a conveyor belt of vanilla , safe, unoriginal, all the same tripe with no originality or individuality.
    And this is Radio 2 you say. Wow, who would have ever thought it.  ;)
  • Options
    Biting my tongue not once, but twice in the same place, while chomping on handfuls of Starmix for breakfast
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Car passengers who sit with thier feet up on the dashboard.

Especially if the car has a passenger airbag and they’re involved in a crash.