Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    I’ve said this before, but it still annoys me:
    In restaurants, when the staff come up to you asking if everything’s ok. This afternoon, we were interrupted 4 times. We only had one course.
    FFS if everything’s not ok, I’ll get your attention. Leave me alone. I don’t want to have to engage in conversation with a stranger, particularly when my mouth has food in it.

This can’t be something that doesn’t bother many people, surely? I find it infuriating.
    Sounds like they ruined your lunch.

Is everything ok now?
  • Options
    Silent Farters on crowded trains ...
    Id be the sort posting on the General things that please you thread when I've done something like that :)
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    I’ve said this before, but it still annoys me:
    In restaurants, when the staff come up to you asking if everything’s ok. This afternoon, we were interrupted 4 times. We only had one course.
    FFS if everything’s not ok, I’ll get your attention. Leave me alone. I don’t want to have to engage in conversation with a stranger, particularly when my mouth has food in it.

This can’t be something that doesn’t bother many people, surely? I find it infuriating.
    Sounds like they ruined your lunch.

Is everything ok now?
    Ha! Yeah, I’ve calmed down now...  :D
    Seriously though, it doesn’t ruin it, but it is annoying. Someone said further up that once is acceptable. I’d say, yeah that’s fair enough, but it’s no more than acceptable. It’s certainly not required. 
    Does anyone consider the service to be poor if they don’t ask you if everything’s ok? I don’t know, maybe a lot of people do?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Oh, I forgot to mention, the four times we were asked - was by three different people - two waiting staff and one manager. I don’t know if that’s better or worse, to be honest!

Maybe I should’ve asked for the chef. It would’ve been like that Monty Python sketch.
    “Easy Mungo! Easy! Never kill the customers!”
  • Options
    I don't mind them asking the question if they genuinely want to know the answer, but it's so often done in a feckless manner that belies lack of real care and even contempt for the customer. I had one incident a while back (I think I posted about it here) where some poor kid got in a right tizzy when I used her question as an opportunity to complain. She actually said to me "I don't know what to do", at which point I suggested going to the kitchen to sort the matter out. Another time the  person concerned (different person), just walked off as I was talking.  At which point I said "you're not listening to me are you". It was loud enough for the people on the next tables to turn around and look, but apparently not loud enough to penetrate the skull of the waitress who was satisfied that she'd asked a question that she never wanted to know the answer to anyway. 
  • Options
    Getting overtaken in parkrun by a palace fan wearing a Tom Soares shirt. More athleticism than Tom Soares ever showed for us I'll venture
  • Options
    Doreen Lawrence claiming the fire brigade would have done more to get people out of Grenfell if it was “a tower full of white people”

those men and women gave every ounce that night.
    Disgusting comments that have really pissed me off.
    Not that old chestnut Doreen. It’s getting boring now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TV and film when they are drinking a takeaway coffee and the cup is quite clearly empty, would it be too much trouble just to 2/3 fill it with water?
  • Options
    the booker prize. 

the judges had one job. give the prize to ONE author. instead they give it to two.

then one of the authors uses her joint win as a way to say that its about time that a black female author wins and that its great that there was several women in the shortlist. imo it shouldn't be about who wrote the book as long as the book is worthy of the award. it cheapens it if the judges are more bothered about what the author looks like rather than the actual writing. 
  • Options
    the booker prize. 

the judges had one job. give the prize to ONE author. instead they give it to two.

then one of the authors uses her joint win as a way to say that its about time that a black female author wins and that its great that there was several women in the shortlist. imo it shouldn't be about who wrote the book as long as the book is worthy of the award. it cheapens it if the judges are more bothered about what the author looks like rather than the actual writing. 
    Her mum was my English teacher at Shooters Hill Collage for Young Gentleman
  • Options
    Mrs Everisto if there's any other ex pupils on here
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Getting overtaken in parkrun by a palace fan wearing a Tom Soares shirt. More athleticism than Tom Soares ever showed for us I'll venture

Tap his ankles.
  • Options
    As others seem to have veered slightly into politics, and as my annoyance is at someone whose political views I would generally share, I am risking this one.

Chris Bryant MP asking for his effing babysitter to be paid for by the state as he has to work one Saturday! 

Do what the rest of us who don't live in a bubble do you plank, pay for it yourself.

The worst bit of all was finding myself agreeing with Lord Snooty's reply. I felt so dirty... ;) :D          
    Just to hazard a guess, was this news item plastered in a prominent position in a right wing tabloid?  Made out to show Bryant as the 'ëlites' the working classes should get angry about, but fear not those champions of the working classes messrs Rees-Mogg will come along to fight there corner
  • Options
    As others seem to have veered slightly into politics, and as my annoyance is at someone whose political views I would generally share, I am risking this one.

Chris Bryant MP asking for his effing babysitter to be paid for by the state as he has to work one Saturday! 

Do what the rest of us who don't live in a bubble do you plank, pay for it yourself.

The worst bit of all was finding myself agreeing with Lord Snooty's reply. I felt so dirty... ;) :D          
    Just to hazard a guess, was this news item plastered in a prominent position in a right wing tabloid?  Made out to show Bryant as the 'ëlites' the working classes should get angry about, but fear not those champions of the working classes messrs Rees-Mogg will come along to fight there corner
    Well, that is what happened and you can't really argue with that, wherever it was plastered -

https://youtu.be/rZ13Dn7h9o0
  • Options
    That's what I saw Rob. You don't know me very well @snowinberlin if you think for one moment I would read a right wing tabloid. I just don't mind pointing out when our side get it wrong, in the vain hope that sometimes one of them will do the same...  

It's been a long wait. :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It must have annoyed me as still thinking about it now. Grand Designs happened to be on when we got in last night, not the usual programme I watch. The design idea looked amazing, a lighthouse inspired huge house build on the coast (cornwall i think), literally falling into the sea, to replace what was considered a 'bog standard' house (a huge 4 bed house with amazing views albeit not in keeping with the cliff edge).  After 5 mins of the programme I was hooked as I wanted to see the final results.  Even though the couple doing it were absolute arrogant bellends.  Did anyone else see it?  half way through Dec said 'i don't want to watch anymore as it'll be a happy ending and he'll get his f**k off massive house on the coast to the detriment of everyone else' then we endured 45 minutes of rising hatred for the nob who begged anyone and everyone to finance 'his dream'.  The children were so excited at the start of the project 7 years ago when they sat on their bunk beds as 10 year olds looking forward to embracing their parents dream,
    The last 5 mins of the programme - his children were grown up and probably at uni and the marriage had broken down and the house (and 2nd house he built for 1m to try to sell for 2 mill to finance the lighthouse) had been boarded up for 7 months unfinished and unable to sell.  Well, we high fived across the sofa.  Are we mean? did anyone else see?  it just felt so greedy & selfish. so out of touch. 
    @suzisausage. We saw that one and were equally bamboozled by the idiot intentions to drive expensive 25 metre piles into a cliff face. Hugely expensive utterly egocentric building that noone with a brain would have bought from him. Shame it cost him his marriage etc but what a twat. 
  • Options
    People that chew their food then take a sip of their drink at the same time. Absolute jank. Now they’ve got a mixture of mushy liquid in their mouths. It’s either mouthful of food or mouthful of drink, not both.
  • Options
    Harry and MEGAIN two self entitled snowflakes!, Moan about press coverage, but would be b**loxed without it!
    Critics of Meghan Markle that can't spell her name.
  • Options
    Picking up a kitchen from the supplier, not getting a hand to load on 3x 3m worktops, and as soon as the bloke comes out with the rest, it absolutely buckets it down. 
  • Options
    People that chew their food then take a sip of their drink at the same time. Absolute jank. Now they’ve got a mixture of mushy liquid in their mouths. It’s either mouthful of food or mouthful of drink, not both.
    Stage one of liquidised food, we are just preparing ourselves. 👨‍🦳