Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019

• Options
    Macronate said:
    Flight delayed massively. Only just boarded. Should have been there by now. Now told being diverted to Geneva when should be going to Basel. 

Now some smelly spreader prick. Has come and sat next to me.
    Make sure you claim.
    Assuming the delay was of the appropriate length and is something that can be claimed for...

general thing that that annoys me - compensation culture.
    4 hours late and dumped in the wrong city with a 2 hour train to get to the right one. Yep I'd say that warrants a claim.

The smelly spreader decided to try and talk to me the whole flight. Are the headphones in and reading a book not enough of a sign that I want to be left alone. Don't even let the gf  talk to me on flights.
    sorry about the smelly spreader, but back to the delay. 

Do you know the reason for it? 
    Technical problem with the plane.

They thought it was fixable. Then it wasnt. They found us a new plane but our crew weren't authorised to fly it. Then the original plane was fixed but only for one flight (inspiring confidence) but the full repair couldn't be done at Basel so had to go to Geneva! 

Still on a train when we should have been there at 3pm. Love it.
    It's shit when that happens. Technical issues have been deemed by the courts as "ordinary circumstance" that is within the control of the airline so, whilst it may not make up for the disruption you've had, it's likely you'll be entitled to compensation under EU261 legislation. Hopefully you get to enjoy the rest of the trip and revel in the fact that, as a true Charlton fan, you've had the opportunity to get some new train numbers in your jotter - every cloud....
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Flight delayed massively. Only just boarded. Should have been there by now. Now told being diverted to Geneva when should be going to Basel. 

Make sure you claim.
    Assuming the delay was of the appropriate length and is something that can be claimed for...

4 hours late and dumped in the wrong city with a 2 hour train to get to the right one. Yep I'd say that warrants a claim.

The smelly spreader decided to try and talk to me the whole flight. Are the headphones in and reading a book not enough of a sign that I want to be left alone. Don't even let the gf  talk to me on flights.

They thought it was fixable. Then it wasnt. They found us a new plane but our crew weren't authorised to fly it. Then the original plane was fixed but only for one flight (inspiring confidence) but the full repair couldn't be done at Basel so had to go to Geneva! 

It's shit when that happens. Technical issues have been deemed by the courts as "ordinary circumstance" that is within the control of the airline so, whilst it may not make up for the disruption you've had, it's likely you'll be entitled to compensation under EU261 legislation. Hopefully you get to enjoy the rest of the trip and revel in the fact that, as a true Charlton fan, you've had the opportunity to get some new train numbers in your jotter - every cloud....
    Thanks mate. On a second train. Half an hour away from where we are staying. Getting there.
  • Options
    A bloke has just sat next to me on a practically empty bus and proceeds to take off his shoes and put his smelly feet up. To think we got rid of capital punishment
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Make sure you claim.

Thanks mate. On a second train. Half an hour away from where we are staying. Getting there.
    Is there still time for that woman to get on and bully you into giving your seat up?
  • Options
    Not enough Would Ya’s.
  • Options
    David Lloyd (aka Bumble)  "talking" to people in the crowd when on commentary.....

NO POINT YOU ASKING THEM QUESTIONS AS THEY CANT FECKING REPLY TO YOU.

Numpty. 
    Often they have the earpiece in which taps into the sky commentary so chances are the can hear him.
    Yes I know that. That is the whole point. THEY can hear HIM....HE cant hear THEM.
    Perhaps he is expecting a response via the medium of interpretive dance, Golfie?  
  • Options

I had a very nice bit of totty sit next to me on the plane to Madrid this morning. Unfortunately had the Mrs sitting next to me.
    'ere - I have met your missus, she is lovely too. You jammy swine. #battingabovehisaverage ;)
  • Options
    Those who pronounce the word amateur as 'ama-cher'
    Oh come on, you lot have already decided how I should dress! 😉
  • Options
    Surely that’s how most people pronounce it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely, in this day and age, it should be pronounced sanctimonious hypocrite?
  • Options
    what annoys me is when you start typing and forget what it was you were gonna say
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    David Lloyd (aka Bumble)  "talking" to people in the crowd when on commentary.....

Numpty. 
    Often they have the earpiece in which taps into the sky commentary so chances are the can hear him.
    He ‘only’ talks to people who have the Sky earphones and he doesn’t hold an in depth conversation, he just asks or conveys a simple comment or question, which normally is answerable with a wave, nod or shake of the head a thumbs up or a simple mouthed word or two. Without exception, those chosen for a cameo appearance are chuffed to bits......I know I would be.
    Think it’s great and long may Bumble continue with this piece of unique and harmless fun, which any right minded soul finds amusing. Not in the least surprised at your comment Golfie......it’s classic ‘don’t get it’ you.
    From now on, knowing you may be tuned in and watching whilst doing your nut is going to give me an added sense of amusement......so thanks for that. :D
    LOL!!!
  • Options
    That ordering a home delivery for a curry requires me to register with an online delivery company and set up an account with a password. On a website that keeps crashing.
    I want a veg biriany and nan ffs.
    Guess it's a root around the cupboard and either a cheese or peanut butter sandwich instead.
    Bastards.
  • Options
    Not so much annoyed, but a bit sad to lose David Gower to the Sky test match team.  
  • Options

Numpty. 
    He ‘only’ talks to people who have the Sky earphones and he doesn’t hold an in depth conversation, he just asks or conveys a simple comment or question, which normally is answerable with a wave, nod or shake of the head a thumbs up or a simple mouthed word or two. Without exception, those chosen for a cameo appearance are chuffed to bits......I know I would be.
    Think it’s great and long may Bumble continue with this piece of unique and harmless fun, which any right minded soul finds amusing. Not in the least surprised at your comment Golfie......it’s classic ‘don’t get it’ you.
    From now on, knowing you may be tuned in and watching whilst doing your nut is going to give me an added sense of amusement......so thanks for that. :D
    LOL!!!
    I get what you are saying IF he was just asking them if they are enjoying themselves, but lately it's been.. . "how do we get Smith out  ??".......  They can hardly answer him with a full length in depth answer can they. 
  • Options
    The bloke in the Met Police advert who tells everyone how ‘praad’ he is to work for the police.
  • Options
    Drivers who put the indicator on when they start turning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    iainment said:
    That ordering a home delivery for a curry requires me to register with an online delivery company and set up an account with a password. On a website that keeps crashing.
    Guess it's a root around the cupboard and either a cheese or peanut butter sandwich instead.
    Bastards.
    The nicest bit of this post is that you're sharing your dinner with an elderly relative. Lovely.
    I thought he was eating his elderly relative!

Strange behaviour for a vegetarian.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    MrWalker said:
    iainment said:
    Bastards.
    The nicest bit of this post is that you're sharing your dinner with an elderly relative. Lovely.

You have such delights in front of you as you discover Indian food.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    LenGlover said:
    MrWalker said:
    iainment said:
    Bastards.

You have such delights in front of you as you discover Indian food.
    You could have called the curry house directly so they don’t lose 15% to just eat or whatever 3rd party app you used. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    MrWalker said:
    iainment said:
    Bastards.

I wouldn't (pesh)wari about it too much
  • Options
    Watching something on 4OD on catchup, picture keeps stuttering. Adverts come on, f***ing perfect...  
  • Options
    people who keep referring to brexit (to have a dig at opposing views from themselves) when the subject has nothing to do with brexit

• Options
    Carvery’s , food stacked like a tower block , isn’t a good look.