Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:
    The Nationwide ‘comedians’ adverts, about as funny as Miranda or Mrs Brown’s Boys.

Add, 'Knock, Knock, Knocking on the dooooor!'

• Options
    Book a room at a lovely little pub in Wiltshire for one night, cost £65, totally refundable up until 12 hours before check-in.

Book Travelodge Dartford for 3 nights at £180. Try to cancel just 3 HOURS  after making the booking and, because I booked a poor person's  'Saver' booking, no chance of a refund. Should've booked the same room for the same dates for £255 for peace of mind I spose
  • Options
    Book a room at a lovely little pub in Wiltshire for one night, cost £65, totally refundable up until 12 hours before check-in.

Book Travelodge Dartford for 3 nights at £180. Try to cancel just 3 HOURS  after making the booking and, because I booked a poor person's  'Saver' booking, no chance of a refund. Should've booked the same room for the same dates for £255 for peace of mind I spose

Look on the bright side mate, it's 3 less days you'll have to spend in Dartford.
    Staying at mates house in Gravesend instead lol

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Macronate said:
    The Nationwide ‘comedians’ adverts, about as funny as Miranda or Mrs Brown’s Boys.
    Is that the "back away from my chicken nuggets", emergency food money in her bra on a night out thing?

If so, tend to agree with you. Would also add Dinner Ladies to your brief list of shitcoms.
    Probably one of my top five best ever sitcoms. Can watch it again and again and find funny stuff I missed before. I guess you just miss it all, Mr L. Takes all sorts, as they say.   
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Macronate said:
    Is that the "back away from my chicken nuggets", emergency food money in her bra on a night out thing?

If so, tend to agree with you. Would also add Dinner Ladies to your brief list of shitcoms.
    Yes, yes it is.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Macronate said:

Probably one of my top five best ever sitcoms. Can watch it again and again and find funny stuff I missed before. I guess you just miss it all, Mr L. Takes all sorts, as they say.   
    Aye, each to their own mate. My folks like it as well, not dry enough for me though. 
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    MrLargo said:
    Macronate said:

Yes, yes it is.
    Sacrilege. Dinner Ladies is one of the best comedies made over the last 20 years. 
  • Options
    @golfaddick The amazing thing is that it only just fits into the "last 20 years" category. The last episode was originally broadcast in January 2000! 

Makes you feel old, doesn't it... :#  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    MrLargo said:
    Macronate said:

Yes, yes it is.
    Sacrilege. Dinner Ladies is one of the best comedies made over the last 20 years. 
    I wasn’t talking about Dinner Ladies @golfie, hence the bold.

I’ve never watched Dinner Ladies.
  • Options
    Reading up on the Glasgow riots and trying to understand the historic Irish / Scottish relationship.  Then I come across this.

“The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these distinctions clearly in mind (and verce visa).”

― W.C. Sellar, 1066 and All That: A Memorable History of England

... I give up  :|
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Macronate said:
    MrLargo said:
    Macronate said:

Yes, yes it is.
    I wasn’t talking about Dinner Ladies @golfie, hence the bold.

I’ve never watched Dinner Ladies.
    I'd keep it that way mate. 

Although, having said that, anything that can cheer Golfie up can't be that bad!
  • Options
    Getting the "west ham" train into town
  • Options
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    If it was that bad the first time , you shouldn't have bothered the second !!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Hate it when that happens.
  • Options
    Having one in the departure lounge when I'm nowhere near a toilet!
  • Options
    Women who never put the toilet seat 💺 up after they’ve been.
  • Options
    Fans who sing the 'greatest team the world has ever seen' song....... especially Gooners
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when they don't put prices on stuff at the supermarket, does my nut
  • Options
    The Highways Agency or whoever plans roadworks.

Tonight: M20 closed between junctions 2 and 6 so let's reduce the A2 from 4 lanes to 1 at the same time and see how much grief we can cause!

C****!
  • Options
    Nasal Hair!
  • Options
    URLS not opening, but just appearing as a link when I post them.
    Grrrrr, sick of it now
  • Options
    Cheating Australian cricketers and some England fans that seem to have forgiven them...........just don’t get it.
  • Options
    Cheating Australian cricketers and some England fans that seem to have forgiven them...........just don’t get it.
    I've not forgiven him and never will, if you're referring to me.
  • Options
    Had this got anything to do with today’s test;(
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Had this got anything to do with today’s test;(
    Possibly. I said Smith played an excellent shot (amongst his 211).
    I think Soundasa has interpreted that, as I have forgiven Smith for cheating, which I haven't.