Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    ...probably the only time a pair of Crocs, or similar, are a viable option 
    Where’s the flag button?
  • Options
    Someone wanting my dogs to appear at their event next weekend, explaining that due to the weather we couldn't confirm 100%. but would be there if its cool enough. He then says, "Why its not like they'll be running around"
    He then got told a definite no and best you **** ***
  • Options
    Thinking that as the cricket is likely to finish early tomorriw that I can get out in the garden & do some much needed gardening (something I really detest doing).......only to realise its  going to be around 90°.

• Options
    Politicians unable to answer the most basic question with a yes or no answer, I’ve stopped watching Question Time etc, because there’s no point.
  • Options
    Was at the game today in the north lower day in the red hot sun.
    Chatting to the bloke next to me, in the concourse they were charging £4 for a small bottle of water, the robbing fuckers.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Chatting to the bloke next to me, in the concourse they were charging £4 for a small bottle of water, the robbing fuckers.
    Ouch!!... I purchased a Pepsi from the concourse today (£2.70) yet looked to see how much water was on the board in case I needed an extra drink

That said £2 so thats disgusting if they were overcharging to benefit from what was going to be extra demand!!
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Ouch!!... I purchased a Pepsi from the concourse today (£2.70) yet looked to see how much water was on the board in case I needed an extra drink

That said £2 so thats disgusting if they were overcharging to benefit from what was going to be extra demand!!
     Bottled water was £2 in the west.

It's been £2 last 3 times I've been.
  • Options
    "baller"

grow up
  • Options
    Politicians unable to answer the most basic question with a yes or no answer, I’ve stopped watching Question Time etc, because there’s no point.
    Only the most basic questions ever being asked, that's why I've stopped watching Question Time.
  • Options
    Probably not a general thing, but digging out our own players, especially the important ones.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cblock said:
    I think Lord Snooty of the Tory party is on to something when he talks about dropping the comma after the word and, and several phrases which are not to be used any more.

An electric cattle prod up the rusty bullet hole from me for those who continue to use the following phrases:

My bad
    Hollybobs
    Back in the day
    I don't want to sound racist/homophobic/mysogynistic, but.....
    Listen, I'm being truthful now.. (You're not the rest of time then).

Feel free to add.

anytime soon
    Soon as you get back from your hollybobs.

Fri-yay
  • Options
    cblock said:
    I think Lord Snooty of the Tory party is on to something when he talks about dropping the comma after the word and, and several phrases which are not to be used any more.

An electric cattle prod up the rusty bullet hole from me for those who continue to use the following phrases:

My bad
    Hollybobs
    Back in the day
    I don't want to sound racist/homophobic/mysogynistic, but.....
    Listen, I'm being truthful now.. (You're not the rest of time then).

Feel free to add.

anytime soon
    Soon as you get back from your hollybobs.

Fri-yay
    What’s wrong with POETS day ?
  • Options
    Watching the Ashes when they've all but blown away.
    Never has humble pie tasted so sweet.  WELL DONE BEN STOKES!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Constantly checking online banking and email feeds to see if a non paying one is going to do as she's promised for the last 5 days and pay her bill. It's always the ones you go the extra miles for and who are worth the wedge, who ultimately let you down
  • Options
    YOLO
  • Options
    Paying for an UBER and the people who shared it not coughing up their part of the bill.  
  • Options
    Queing up in a packed Bartrams (Brentford game) and the clown
    in front orders a pint of Fosters then plays by credit card, giving 
    the bar staff problems because the fu--ng machine is not working
    correctly. I can understand a round of 4 or more paid by card, but
    one drink come on mate!
  • Options
    Or he gives a £20 note and the bar staff are faffing around for change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I don't carry cash, wasn't me btw. But many don't now, it's so antiquated.

Having to have cash on me is an annoyance.
    Same here mate. The only downside for me is that I don’t have a few hundred quid in my change pot at the end of the year anymore. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not to mention finding a cash machine in Charlton or queuing for it before a game is a bloody hassle too
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not to mention finding a cash machine in Charlton or queuing for it before a game is a bloody hassle too
    One next to the Barbers at the station, One outside Sainsbury's local and one outside the club shop, these are the only local three I know of... 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    one drink come on mate!

100% agree, even those who have run up a large tab seem to "forget" to tip when they pay with a card...

• Options
    one drink come on mate!

100% agree, even those who have run up a large tab seem to "forget" to tip when they pay with a card...

If the EFT Machine asks, I'll often click yes and chuck on 10% at restaurants, not sure I've ever done that in a bar, but they're a bit different. I don't tend to stay in them for more than a couple of drinks and usually pay for each one, or my whole round at a time.
  • Options
    Going to a card only drinking establishment on one of the hottest days of the year only for the machines to go down leaving hundreds in the queue, in sweltering heat unable to buy a drink. And the bar staff scratching there heads because they can't accept any other form of payment.
  • Options
    one drink come on mate!

Tip? In a bar? Not in this country, I understand the custom on the continent where a waiter serves you but a bar where you are paying top dollar for average drinks never.
  • Options
    one drink come on mate!
    It's 2019. Many places are card only these days & cash will become rarer and rarer.
  • Options
    Increasingly hear the expression, The Island of Ireland.

We all know Ireland is an island, the reunification of Ireland will suffice, there is no need for the additional information.  
  • Options
    one drink come on mate!

Tip? In a bar? Not in this country, I understand the custom on the continent where a waiter serves you but a bar where you are paying top dollar for average drinks never.
    Yes talking about table service here in Portugal, CK. Though the bar staff in the UK are not to blame for the price of drinks.