Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    buckshee said:

Just got in early from work, kids and Mrs still at the school so nice and quiet here. Decided to make a coffee, put the coffee and water in the machine and remembered I’d left a bottle of wine in the van. Got back from the van to realise I hadn’t put a mug under the coffee and scenes of boiling water everywhere.

wouldn't have been a problem if you had joined the rest of us plebs and boiled a kettle instead. :smile:
  • Options

buckshee said:

Just got in early from work, kids and Mrs still at the school so nice and quiet here. Decided to make a coffee, put the coffee and water in the machine and remembered I’d left a bottle of wine in the van. Got back from the van to realise I hadn’t put a mug under the coffee and scenes of boiling water everywhere.

wouldn't have been a problem if you had joined the rest of us plebs and boiled a kettle instead. :smile:
    It's a one cup machine for proper coffee, you plebs probably drink that nasty instant shit.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Wilma said:

Red light jumpers. Nearly got run down on a pedestrian crossing last night by an impatient white van man. Then again this morning by an idiot on a Boris bike.

When I worked in Aldgate, barely a day would pass by without a close shave with a cyclist. Similarly, I have the same problem around Angel at the moment.

I know it's different, but I'm getting my confidence up on my motorbike at the moment - admittedly a small 125 before I go for my full license and big boy bike in April - and I honestly can't comprehend how dangerous/ballsy a lot of city cyclists are on the road.

On the road I feel like I hawk, constantly trying to get a 360 degree view to avoid every other bellend, I find myself imagining I'm invisible and likely to end up little more than a splat on the pavement if I take a gamble... and that's with the added protection of a bit of throttle to get me out of tight spots, a lot more safety kit, and a heavier bike.
    A close shave with a cyclist?is that a service you order in with a cyclist you have selected over the Internet?
  • Options
    UPS taking all day to deliver a parcel to me and now just noticed that it's been a failed delivery due to wrong street number whatever that is.
  • Options

Sorry slightly off topic but hate is almost annoy so here goes

4 hours 15 minutes to travel 33 miles, I hate the M25, I want to murder it, hang it, shoot it, stab it, drown it, break its neck, I hate it. Do you know what those stupid bloody signs said “report of an accident”, the said that for 3 and a 1/2 hour, the speed limit was laughing at me 40 mile an hour they said, well if your reading this you stupid idiot I done 0.1 miles in an hour and a half that’s a maximum speed of 0.066667 miles an hour, not bloody 40. I hate you the idiot that controls the signs, I hate 5 live who half the time don’t mention anything about a a 30 mile traffic down in the south east, but if anywhere up north has two cars stuck behind each other they just drone on about it, then when they deem it bad enough, why give out the delay is 2 hours when it more like 4 hours, why say the jam is 10 miles long when it’s approaching 30 miles. I hate you Mrs M25 do you hear me. I had lamb for dinner which I thrown in the bin, and guess what I hate you. I hate being stuck in a jam and watch the sun slowly set in the West, the glow slowing disappearing from the sky, the planes flying into city airport, I hate watching the stars come out, I’m bored just seating there and slowly falling asleep, I hate being stuck in the traffic with an aching bladder. I hate falling out the car when I get in after doing 33 miles in 41/4 hour because I can’t move my legs and my knees have forgotten how to work because I been stuck in the bloody traffic jam. But most of all I hate the fact that when my knees and legs finally start to work again, and I get up off the road and dash in through the front door that I only got one toilet which the wifeis in. I hate the row after I shout at her, I hate the grovelling as I try to apologise and I hate trying to be nice so she speaks to me.

But most of all I hate the M25. End of rant, feel better for that.

A genuinely mystifying reaction to being stuck in traffic.
    Presumably burnt, tough, cold etc
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    MrOneLung said:

4 hours 15 minutes to travel 33 miles, I hate the M25, I want to murder it, hang it, shoot it, stab it, drown it, break its neck, I hate it. Do you know what those stupid bloody signs said “report of an accident”, the said that for 3 and a 1/2 hour, the speed limit was laughing at me 40 mile an hour they said, well if your reading this you stupid idiot I done 0.1 miles in an hour and a half that’s a maximum speed of 0.066667 miles an hour, not bloody 40. I hate you the idiot that controls the signs, I hate 5 live who half the time don’t mention anything about a a 30 mile traffic down in the south east, but if anywhere up north has two cars stuck behind each other they just drone on about it, then when they deem it bad enough, why give out the delay is 2 hours when it more like 4 hours, why say the jam is 10 miles long when it’s approaching 30 miles. I hate you Mrs M25 do you hear me. I had lamb for dinner which I thrown in the bin, and guess what I hate you. I hate being stuck in a jam and watch the sun slowly set in the West, the glow slowing disappearing from the sky, the planes flying into city airport, I hate watching the stars come out, I’m bored just seating there and slowly falling asleep, I hate being stuck in the traffic with an aching bladder. I hate falling out the car when I get in after doing 33 miles in 41/4 hour because I can’t move my legs and my knees have forgotten how to work because I been stuck in the bloody traffic jam. But most of all I hate the fact that when my knees and legs finally start to work again, and I get up off the road and dash in through the front door that I only got one toilet which the wifeis in. I hate the row after I shout at her, I hate the grovelling as I try to apologise and I hate trying to be nice so she speaks to me.

You are absolutely correct Mr one Lung, burnt, dried up, and frankly not fit to eat, but what can you expect when it was prepared for your arrival 21/2 hours before you actually got in. Amazing I done the identical journey today in 50 minutes. How are you meant to plan things when you travel around the M25?
  • Options

buckshee said:

UPS taking all day to deliver a parcel to me and now just noticed that it's been a failed delivery due to wrong street number whatever that is.

hmmm, let me guess.
    When you order anything these days the company you order from doesn’t pass on an actual address to the courier, just a house number and post code.

Now it seems that for some reason certain sat navs don’t yet recognise our post code yet so they just give up.

Now been told that although my stiff is at the Dartford depot I can’t pick it up and will have to wait until Monday for them to try again when I won’t actually be in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

You are absolutely correct Mr one Lung, burnt, dried up, and frankly not fit to eat, but what can you expect when it was prepared for your arrival 21/2 hours before you actually got in. Amazing I done the identical journey today in 50 minutes. How are you meant to plan things when you travel around the M25?
    Why is it burnt? Is your wife unable to turn the oven off without you there?
    Sorry, not having a go - am I the odd one out here in that I stop cooking food when it's ready?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Why is it burnt? Is your wife unable to turn the oven off without you there?
    Sorry, not having a go - am I the odd one out here in that I stop cooking food when it's ready?
    You slow cook lamb. Oven on and leave it for hours. Presume that's the scenario.
  • Options
    Requesting a delivery from ‘The Range’ to be delivered to my work (where I pay 50p for the privilege) as me and my wife are always out most the day.

Two days running they attempt to deliver it to my work after 9pm! Both times we get an email saying they have not been able to deliver with a re-arrange link.....which doesn’t bloody work. Try ringing, no answer.

Why would you try delivering to a standard office work address at that time.....twice!!

Two further days later they finally deliver it in the afternoon and I cop an extra 50p penalty from work for it being to big and too heavy. I was just glad to have it by that point.

Far too much hassle and stress before I’ve even started to assemble the flat pack!!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    A bit of a specific one, but whenever I fly back to Dubai, this conversation with a ‘premium’ taxi driver happens every single time we arrive.

“Taxi sir”
    “No, we’ll use RTA”
    “Same price sir!”
    “No it isn’t. Don’t lie.”
    “No problem sir”

Except it is a problem because you’re bareface lying to con unsuspecting tourists into paying twice the price of the fare for the privilege of sitting in a bloody Lexus. If any of you come out here, you will probably experience this. Just make sure you use the ordinary ‘RTA’ taxis with the official livery.

The thing is, taxis are relatively cheap out here, it’s the snidey dishonesty that annoys.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

you can’t, I drive it every day for work, average 1000+ miles per week, you can only control your own mental state on the M25, I take a zen like attitude after nearly 8 years of it, some days it’s stop start, some you fly through, others I take back routes (A25 is great for cutting out clacket lane stretch, and A232 to Croydon via west wickham) Radio 5 live is nowhere near as good as LBC for traffic updates, every 15 minutes during rush hour
  • Options
    DA9 said:

MrOneLung said:

you can’t, I drive it every day for work, average 1000+ miles per week, you can only control your own mental state on the M25, I take a zen like attitude after nearly 8 years of it, some days it’s stop start, some you fly through, others I take back routes (A25 is great for cutting out clacket lane stretch, and A232 to Croydon via west wickham) Radio 5 live is nowhere near as good as LBC for traffic updates, every 15 minutes during rush hour
    The trouble for us DA9 lot is that journey depends on the crossing . I’ve been at work at 10am and seen the tunnel is shut and even though it opens again an hour later I know I’ll be having to cut through the depths of Meopham just to get back at a decent time.
  • Options

Requesting a delivery from ‘The Range’ to be delivered to my work (where I pay 50p for the privilege) as me and my wife are always out most the day.

Two days running they attempt to deliver it to my work after 9pm! Both times we get an email saying they have not been able to deliver with a re-arrange link.....which doesn’t bloody work. Try ringing, no answer.

Why would you try delivering to a standard office work address at that time.....twice!!

Two further days later they finally deliver it in the afternoon and I cop an extra 50p penalty from work for it being to big and too heavy. I was just glad to have it by that point.

Far too much hassle and stress before I’ve even started to assemble the flat pack!!

Had similar with amazon prime just before Xmas, other half ordered a bottle of absolut citro for her dad from me (get him one every xmas as a thank you for diy help etc)
    We always get stuff delivered to to my work as people are there 7am-6pm, normally fine.
    Anyways, expecting bottle next day etc, as a prime customer, no show for 2 days.
    Contact amazon prime who say courier left it at reception (we don’t have a reception, a trade counter and a warehouse on the side) checked with all my colleagues and they hadn’t signed for anything in mine or my partners name.
    Contact amazon again, they now say it was left with a neighbour, to which we tell them there are no neighbours it’s an industrial estate, but, I check with the nearest other unit (screwfix) just in case, again a blank.
    Back onto amazon again and the other half gives them both barrels as a prime customer paying for a shit service, they admit they don’t know where it is, despatch another bottle, credit the original one on her account and £10 for the inconvenience.
    Day later the new bottle arrives, another 2 days later, literally as we are closing for xmas and walking out the door a courier turns up with the original bottle, so we are keeping that now, fuck em, and no they haven’t charged for it, the courier was clearly a lying little scrote.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

DA9 said:

MrOneLung said:

The trouble for us DA9 lot is that journey depends on the crossing . I’ve been at work at 10am and seen the tunnel is shut and even though it opens again an hour later I know I’ll be having to cut through the depths of Meopham just to get back at a decent time.
    I know, I live and work in Greenhithe, any closure or accident at the tunnel can make my 5 min drive an hour or more drive, all local roads (specifically crossways) snarled up.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Same with DPD, I've been waiting for 2 band saw blades to turn up since Wednesday and on their online tracking site there is nowhere to leave a new instruction.

DPD are the only company who can't find our house (as isolated as it is), so it looks like I have to go on a 110km round trip to pick em up from their depot and they close for lunch....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Retailers asking for an email address to send a receipt after a purchase. Not even subtle, they want to bombard you with their promotions and sales.

Had a stand up row with a dumb bint at tool station in Hastings last year, returning a chrome letterbox as it was the wrong size, purchased in Greenhithe, no receipt on me. Was in the area and drove past this branch so stopped.
    She asks me what email address I gave when purchased (2-3 days previous) tell her I didn’t give one, she then goes into a rant about that’s why they ask for it for returns etc, I politely call bullshit on her comments and show her the tool station stock code sticker on the packaging etc and give her the whole I know my consumer rights bollocks.
    Her attitude was aggressive, so I let her, her colleagues and the other customers know what I thought of her and suggested that maybe she should resit her customer service training.
  • Options

are you saying you got fined by your work for getting a big delivery? I've never heard of that before

• Options
    I should have added it goes to charity. They put a premium if it’s too heavy or big, as they need to control what comes in as with 400 odd employees on site it could get out of hand.

No problem from me with that aspect at all.
  • Options

Retailers asking for an email address to send a receipt after a purchase. Not even subtle, they want to bombard you with their promotions and sales.

Won't be allowed after 25 May with GDPR.
  • Options

I should have added it goes to charity. They put a premium if it’s too heavy or big, as they need to control what comes in as with 400 odd employees on site it could get out of hand.

No problem from me with that aspect at all.

I'm actually surprised that more don't do it. office managers are always complaining about the amount of personal deliveries they now have to deal with
  • Options

No problem tone.cahones@cafc.co.uk :)
  • Options
    Essential oils.......how come I've got this far without them?
  • Options
    Latest Alexa ad. Husband has made dinner & sitting down ready to eat & wants to call wife & kids to join him. Asks Alexa to play "come & get it...." and then you hear some modern day song I've never heard of.

Surely the song you'd use would be by Badfinger (and written by Sir Paul McCartney) that has the lyrics " here it is, come & get it...........better hurry cause it may not last"

obviously the ad agency is run by 30 year olds you don't know anything written before 1990.
  • Options

Latest Alexa ad. Husband has made dinner & sitting down ready to eat & wants to call wife & kids to join him. Asks Alexa to play "come & get it...." and then you hear some modern day song I've never heard of.

Surely the song you'd use would be by Badfinger (and written by Sir Paul McCartney) that has the lyrics " here it is, come & get it...........better hurry cause it may not last"

obviously the ad agency is run by 30 year olds you don't know anything written before 1990.

Who is Alexa for?

Probably won't be marketed at those who know Badfinger.