Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• iaitch said:

Again thanks for your offer have a great game Saturday, been fun, we can't always agree but no harm done....I think.

I'll be back at the Valley next season in the West Upper Block P unless the CEO has other ideas with regard to my letter.

I await all the comments about trouble collecting the food vouchers and trying to spend them when the supplies have run out and how bad the beer is.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

That one was for you Greenie, got a bit out of sync.
  • Pies with a poor pastry to filling ratio.
  • edited April 2015

Pies with a poor pastry to filling ratio.

Saggy boobs... similar structure...too much pastry not enough filling.

• i came here especially to see what this argument was all about and its all handbags and whats more its over ..!!!!

greenie and iaitch you are a couple of lightweights surely you can settle it with thermos flasks at 20 paces or

something? perhaps on the centre spot at half time v bournemouth ?
  • iaitch said:

No I'll stop its getting a bit tiresome.

Thanks gents its been fun enjoy the game Saturday, did I mention I won't be there? (I am being sarcastic in case anyone asks).

Why aren't you going?
  • I cannot comment for fear of starting this thread off again, see further up.

Or maybe you are also being sarcastic.

You enjoy the game Hamer I'm sure I'll read all about it on here over the weekend.
  • I don't think I'm sacrificing much as its a nothing game for us and the ground will be full of celebratory or maybe heartbroken South Coasters, lets see how it pans out tonight.
  • Margery Tyrell too, perfect opportunity tonight!
  • Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

Riviera said:

LenGlover said:

Those irritating geordies (or makems) Steve Cram and Brendan Foster metaphorically sniffing Paula Radcliffe's private parts for two and half hours plus.

Nobody disputes that Paula was a great runner but there is such a thing as overkill!

I'd dispute her as a great, a distinct lack of major championship (Olympic and World) gold medals in her living room cabinet to be considered a great.
    That marathon world record of hers alone makes her a great.

http://www.psmag.com/health-and-behavior/cant-anyone-break-womens-marathon-record-91663

It is true that her Olympic record is poor for an athlete of her stature but she has won the world cross country championships as well as world titles for the half marathon and marathon.
    No. One MAJOR Gold Medal and a World Record in an event that is run on totally different courses does not make anyone a "Great". She continually failed to deliver on the track in Olympic and World Championships.
    No, but being the best marathon runner in history, male or female, does

We also have mugs that are not supposed to go in the dishwasher. I always forget and nothing bad seems to have happened to them yet

• IAIA
    edited April 2015

MrOneLung said:

Had a quick count yesterday and we have got approx 45 mugs/cups for tea and coffee. There are three adults in the house - why do women need to keep buying them?

Mugs that dont stack properly - you need to put them on top of eachother to provide space for the 43 other mugs that go in the cupboard.

The odd random mug that should not go in the dishwasher - how am I meant to keep track ?

Mugs - just mugs.

I'm tempted but not quite sad enough to post a photo of our "mug cupboard" in sympathy. When I mention that she has purchased yet another mug and that it may be just a little surplus to requirements I get the explanation that certain mugs are only for certain drinks and as I only drink black coffee I don't understand. Oh yeah, because you need 40 different types of mug...

I moved into a tiny rented 1 bed furnished flat a few years ago.

20 mugs
    64 glasses

There wasn't any space in the cupboards for food
  • Sponsored links:

• Paula Radcliffe took a London 2012 place from another athlete knowing she was injured and had no chance of competing. i thought that was a tad selfish and rather annoying. its not as if she had never been to an Olympics.
  • Lack of internet in certain parts of my work building. I go for my morning constitutional and want to browse CL, only to not get any internet connection. Not happy
  • Absolute Radio's obsession with the Manic Street Preachers
  • edited April 2015
    People that will question an additional £40 cost to a job that saved them incurring an additional cost of £758, yet don't want to know that the other £860 cost to a job was caused because people in their control don't pay attention to their responsibility and need people to fix a problem travelling 346 miles Rd trip spending ten hrs two vehicles 3 people and fuck loads of goodwill to solve the problem that could have been done by clicking a button on a computer system the day before meaning every thing you wanted was on the job brief and the right quantity,

Yet you question why on the original day your costs went up by 2 hrs labour as your stand wasn't ready at the time given and instead of paying for the bigger vehicle for an extra day and the drivers hrs as the vehicle would have run out of hrs, so instead you unload and wait yourself

Shakes head and goes to bed,

All that text me that I know on here I haven't ignored you I have just pulled my head from a gas oven
  • Absolute Radio's obsession with the Manic Street Preachers

• Drivers who don't understand traffic lights.

In particular the lights at Crook Log when you get the green left arrow which means you can go left only but the number of times people sit at the green left arrow because it's not the full green light.

You could be forgiven for thinking you're in Spain the amount of car horns that go off at the offender.

In particular the lights at Crook Log when you get the green left arrow which means you can go left only but the number of times people sit at the green left arrow because it's not the full green light.

You could be forgiven for thinking you're in Spain the amount of car horns that go off at the offender.

Arriba arriba!
  • cabbles said:

Lack of internet in certain parts of my work building. I go for my morning constitutional and want to browse CL, only to not get any internet connection. Not happy

It's a conspiracy by the powers-that-be!
  • edited April 2015
    Our shockingly bad mobile phone network and losing reception in places where it should be a strong signal.

I can drive through the forest of central Sweden and get a signal so good that it sounds like the person I'm speaking to in the UK is sat next to me.

In England it is so unrelable and seems to be getting worse - maybe the system is overloaded but it needs sorting urgently.
  • Hay fever
  • Sponsored links:

• Peacocks.

Strutting, arrogant gits.

I've always found Keith very pleasant to talk to and not arrogant at all...
  • Microwave instructions on food packets. The wattage quoted is NEVER EVER the same as the power levels my oven cooks at.

Oh and those little net bags that satsumas come in that leave bits of orange nylon all over the place when you open them. Surely it's not beyond the wit of man to come up with an alternative?
  • Hay fever

This, bastard illness.
    I look forward to spring/summer all year long and then this plague lands at my door.
    I share your pain VG.
  • Brown shoes with a blue, black or grey suit.

The actual rule is unless you're facing a red light and it is safe to proceed, you can proceed. Hardly anyone seems to know this.
  • Fiiish said:

Drivers who don't understand traffic lights.

The actual rule is unless you're facing a red light and it is safe to proceed, you can proceed. Hardly anyone seems to know this.
    Not according to this.

http://www.motorlawyers.co.uk/offences/traffic_lights.php
  • Greenie said:

Hay fever

This, bastard illness.
    I look forward to spring/summer all year long and then this plague lands at my door.
    I share your pain VG.
    you can get a hay fever jab @ welling 7 day chemist
  • Fiiish said:

Not according to this.

If you're referring to the Amber bit then yes, that's correct, Amber also means 'Stop'. However I didn't put it because you're unlikely to face an amber light for more than a couple of seconds.
  • Fiiish said:

Not according to this.

That will be Labours fault.... ;o)
  • smug co-workers who say goodbye to every member of staff when they leave early
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!