Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Davies R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    Popped over the bridge when I got off my train last night just to see the tributes and have a quiet minute of reflection for Dave. I don't know Shelley or Daniel but you can see from the photo there that they were a happy, loving family. Just how they are going to cope without Dave you just can't begin to imagine. Well done with the shirt Ian, Dave would appreciate that. Please ensure you post up the details of the trust fund as I'm sure many would like to contribute in Dave's memory.
  • Options
    This is from his facebook account. Please anyone tell me if its not appropriate to post. thanks.
  • Options
    i was flicking through his photos last night. I didn't know Dave any more than just to say hello to each other, but i know the Covered End has lost a character, and a good one at that.

RIP Dave.
  • Options
    Curb It, posting his photo is certainly NOT inappropriate. Some who didn't actually know him will now be able to put a face to the name whilst others may say 'ah, so that's Dave'. Surprising to see him with a drink though !!
  • Options
    RIP Dave

I played football with him for football aid one year and knew him to say hello to type thing . Absolute terrible tragedy
  • Options
    I did not know him but he certainly sounded a great guy. Such a tragic loss.
  • Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    RIP fella i never realised it was you
  • Options
    Thanks for the photograph Curb It. Didn't know Dave to talk to, but certainly recognise him.

Once again RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave. Didn't know you , but wish that I did. You sounded like a top bloke. God bless Shelly, Daniel and all his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Dave. Top bloke. Your match day "comments" will be sorely missed in the E Block next season.
  • Options
    As a friend of Dave's for many years I just wanted you to know that he was a truly top bloke - witty, generous, full of life & passionate about Charlton. I'm a Watford fan and for the last two times we've played at The Valley, me and my Watford supporting pals descended upon Dave en masse - once to his house and once to the Conservative Club near the ground - knowing that even if the football was rubbish, you couldn't beat his hospitality.
    Of course, next season's trip for me will be all the more poignant for Dave not being there but fortunately I have so many good memories of him, I'll be able to raise a smile & a glass to toast his life.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Well im sure Dave's mates will still make you welcome either in the Con Club or the Oak and you can all raise a jar to him.

Sorry for your loss and to you RS and to all his family and friends.
  • Options
    Such a moving story and so heartbreaking that somebody obviously so kind and well-respected by his peers and loved immensely can be taken away from us.

thank you for posting the picture up Curb_It, made me realise i did know of dave by face - a shame it couldn't be more

RIP DAVE - well done Shelley - your message on the NewsShopper site shows strength and thought beyond all belief
  • Options
    edited May 2008
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    On behalf of Shelley, Daniel and the rest of Dave's family I just want to thank you all for your messages of condolence for my brother Dave. He truly was unique - sweet, generous, hilariously funny, loving, silly, annoyingly good at everything...you name it.He was infectious and a magnet for everyone around him. He will be much missed by us all, and it is heart-warming to read such lovely words about him - You all knew just how wonderful he was.

He will be loving all the attention i'm sure, and also the fact that I am now a member of the Charlton forum.. Rest in Peace Dave x

We are expecting a lot of people to attend the funeral next week, and unfortunately cannot accomodate you all. Because of this there will be no flowers, but should you wish to make a donation these would be welcome for Daniel's trust fund.
  • Options
    Bless you Lyndsey.

None of us can even begin to understand what you and your family are currently going through. Yet i'm absolutely amazed at the strength and courage you all appear to be showing. I hope the number of tributes here, on the Newsshopper and elsewhere go a little to show you that Dave had a positive impact on a lot of people.

On behalf of everyone here, our condolences. And please inform us of details of the trust fund when they emerge.
  • Options
    Ditto AFKA. I recognise him from the photo. RIP Dave.
  • Options
    just caught up with this thread-

reading it all in one go has brought a tear to the eye....

RIP....
  • Options
    I too recognise Dave from the photo.
    RIP to one of us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a piece about him today in the Daily Mail, page 5. Very sad.
  • Options
    quite a big piece in the times today Page 9 a truly tragic accident
  • Options
    And the Metro today - comments from his dad.

RIP
  • Options
    If anyone has any stories or funny moments they'd like to share with Dave's family, I've set up a Facebook page to put memories and condolences. They'll be collected together and made into a book for Shelley, Daniel and Dave's family to keep. Please go to David Davies RIP http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13041429343 where you can upload pictures as well. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    details of the trust fund are on http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13041429343.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]There's a piece about him today in the Daily Mail, page 5. Very sad.

unfortunately it has attracted some undesirable stuff online, very sad and i hope nobody close to David takes anything to heart
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I have met so many wonderful people through Charlton over the years... without doubt Dave Davies is one of the best. Like anyone who ever met Dave knows, he was once seen never forgotten; he made such an impression on everyone he met and as we can all see from the messages that are flowing online, he was hugely popular and a much loved husband, father, son, brother and friend. For many years we travelled together to away games on the supporters club trains - and I can honestly say those were the best times in my life. Dave used to entertain us all with his humour, wit, knowledge and passion for all things Charlton and life in general. A huge character, he will be sorely missed by so many forever. We have truly lost one of the good guys, and one of the nicest, kindest, caring people you could ever hope to call a friend. Love to Shelley, Daniel and the family. Our thoughts are with you all at this terribly sad time. xxx
  • Options
    Such a sad and tragic story about one of life's nice guys.

I hadn't realised I knew Dave because although I did know him from the Oak I didn't know his surname. Now that I have seen the photographs it has come as something of a shock that I did indeed know him.

I only ever chatted about Charlton with him but as so many say ( who know him far better than me) he was very infectious and enthusiastic and just a thoroughly nice bloke.

Very very sad and such a waste!

I don't think I know any of his family but my thoughts are with them all for their loss.
  • Options
    Just in case you are non Facebook type, trust fund details are as follows. If paying by bank transfer etc, it is NSI Investment Account in the name of DR Davies, sort code 10-23-01, a/c no 09936492, if paying by cheque again please make these payable to DR Davies and send to Investment A/C NSI, Glasgow G58 1SB and place the sort code and account number on the reverse. On behalf of everyone who knew him, thank you once again for so many kind words and thoughts from everyone on Charlton Life and within the Charlton community as a whole, both footballing and locally - it really is touching to know how well thought of he was. Cheers.
  • Options
    I too travelled with Dave to away games and he was always terrific company. He had a great sense of humour and could always make us laugh (which we certainly needed after some games!) However my best memory of him was when I went round to see him shortly after Daniel was born. He was sitting in a chair holding him in his arms with a huge smile on his face. I'll always remember that moment.
    My thoughts are with Shelley, Daniel and all his family at this time.
    Goodbye my friend. I'll always remember you.