Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave Davies R.I.P

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Some of you will know Dave, he's a season ticket holder in the lower Covered end, and would have know well, as a huge laugh, a man with a quick quip, and a spark of mischief in his eye.

Sadly, Dave past away on Friday in a tragic accident, my thoughts are with his Wife Shelly and his young son Daniel.

RIP Big man

Comments

• Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    Was shocked when Rothko rang me. I only knew him a little but found him just as Rothko says.

The next time we fly the big flag will be very poignant for me at least as it was Dave that got it produced thru his firm.

A tragic loss with such a young family.
  • Options
    don't know him, but any loss of a charlton fan is sad

RIP
  • Options
    R.I.P Dave, my thoughts are with your family and friends.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Terrible news, My sympathies with his family.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2008
    Heard the news from GBH this afternoon. Totally gutted - Dave had such a positive outlook on life, always smiling. So sad. Thoughts are with Shelly and his young son.

No words can sum this tragedy up.

RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave

2 in so many days
  • Options
    R.I.P. Big man. Sound's like you was a right top bloke . Thinking of you, your family and friends at this time.
  • Options
    Always had a smile on his face. RIP Dave.
  • Options
    Can't believe it, only saw him in the conservative club last week. Used to play sunday mornings with him for cray harriers and he made a couple of appearances for CIFC.

RIP Dave, you were a top mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely gutted by this news. This sort of week puts a lot of other crap into perspective. RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    RIP Dave n love to all concerned.
  • Options
    I'm lost for words. I knew Dave and he was a really nice guy. I really can't believe this. My thoughts are with his family. RIP Dave.
  • Options
    just went upstairs to tell Mrs Large the sad news about Dave. She reminded me that the first we heard of Dave was on RTM when he used to ring up as Dave from Highgate. Always had positive things to say and seemed a good bloke. Subsequently met him at early City Addicks do's and he was a really nice bloke. I'm really am lost for words.

If anyone decides to send flowers or a collection for his family or a donation to a charity that may have been dear to him then count me and Mrs Large in.
  • Options
    Kev rang and told me the bad news earlier. Our thoughts go out to his family. RIP Dave
  • Options
    My thoughts are with Dave's family and friends at this sad time. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave.
  • Options
    RIP Dave
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    Everyone moaning at Lewisham on Friday night cos they were delayed getting home - put totally into perspective when I saw the flowers and photo at Barnehust Station on saturday morning.
  • Options
    Dave was an absolut legend, remember him making everyone laugh after we got stuffed 5-0 by west ham, he'll be missed, thoughts with his family RIP Dave
  • Options
    Vince called to tell me the news yesterday but i wasnt sure i knew him? I know a lot of people by sight to nod at so i must have?

RIP anyway. sounds like an awful tragedy.
  • Options
    Have been in his company a few times without really knowing him. A shame, because i have not heard a single person say a bad word about him

RIP, and thoughts to his poor family
  • Options
    RIP Dave
  • Options
    Not been on here all weekend and just got told by a bloke at my work and am absolutely shocked. Thoroughly decent bloke and remember a few years ago he moved house just so he could be nearer to the Valley! Although i beleive he moved again since then.
    RIP mate.
  • Options
    Condolences to his family and friends
  • Options
    Ive not been on for a few days Ben, I got married yesterday. I didnt get the usual little message at the top of the screen, so didnt know you had messaged me, so apologies for that. I obviously got this one....I'll go read it and then reply. Tel
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Vince called to tell me the news yesterday but i wasnt sure i knew him? I know a lot of people by sight to nod at so i must have?

RIP anyway. sounds like an awful tragedy.

Ditto when Kev P called me yesterday.

RIP Dave. Thoughts with the family.