Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Summer Story

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2008
    A little boy outside the pub asked " How much is that doggie in the window, the one with a
  • Options
    soaking wet clunge
  • Options
    which smelt of
  • Options
    a strange mixture of
  • Options
    fish and Henry's socks when worn with sandals and a hand knitted cardigan
  • Options
    "I don't have to come here to be insulted." said Gump,
  • Options
    i get that on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    And with that, he spun round and marched quickly away when surprisingly he met..
  • Options
    Ian Dowie and his good looking brother Bob.
  • Options
    "Ian, fancy meeting you here?" he said "Why are you wearing a Charlton shirt though, Ian" he continued.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2008
    "Well, that's a long, long story! Hope you have a minute." Intrigued, Gump motioned to the nearby bench. Instinctively, the two moved in unison towaqrds the bench and sat down.

"You see, it all began with a document... nay, a work of art... called Advancing the Addicks."

A tear swelled in Iain's doe-like eye.

Feeling strangely attached to this affable, young stranger—it was as if they'd met before; not mere fleeting glances, but the substance of a more intimate understanding belied their seemingly chance encounter—Iain felt compelled to confide the secrets he'd kept suppressed for so many months, deep in his soul, buried under the weight of his rough and prickly exterior. Secrets, not even the courts could unsettle.

Looking into his confidant's eyes, Ian declared, "Let me tell ya, those were halcyon days indeed. What I'm about to tell ya next, you'll never believe..."
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "It all began one morning when Souleymane and I had just finished our weekly game of table tennis. Souleymane had won 21-11, 21-9, 19-21, 21-6. As we went to grab a bite to eat, Souleymane, looking strained, turned to me and said
  • Options
    I've just heard that those Palace c*nts lost at home to Brizzle.
  • Options
    "But also I feel that it is time I told you that I came to Charlton because I thought Charlton was a table tennis club not a football club. Why are you at Charlton?" he asked me.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    "I thought it was a suburb of Manchester" said Iain, " I have since learned it is quite a common mistake, and I moved here to be nearer my family".
  • Options
    There was a loud crash at the door, as Cory Gibbs slipped on a banana skin and injured his
  • Options
    eyebrow. Necessitating several operations, skin grafts and the premature end to his season.
  • Options
    But all was not lost because we still had the team to stay in the premier division. As Mr Dowie had ensured he had spent the clubs money wisely.

But it was then that the Board realised that?
  • Options
    Ian Dowie had lied on his CV about being a football manager and was, in fact..
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    A scarecrow from Greater Manchester it was his ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unusually large
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Nose and mop of hair that gave the game away.

On the day of his interview with Richard Murray he'd come straight from his shift down at Old MacDonald's Farm. Richard Murray had often wondered what the awful smell was eminating from...
  • Options
    ...the rear of the Royal Oak pub in Charlton Lane?
  • Options
    But Richard Murray was wrong. The smell was, in fact, coming from the bottom of Ian Dowie's shoe.

The toilets at Selhurst Park hadn't been functioning for quite a while...
  • Options
    And Ian had started to use the unusal tactic of filling his shoes with his own excrement.

Most of it flowed from his mouth area However Bob had a theory
  • Options
    To get brother Ian into the movies again after his starring role in The Goonies. He encouraged ID to use his catchphrase "hey you guys" whenever he could but......................
  • Options
    All he could say was bouncebackability.
  • Options
    Which led to the decline of Slimon Jordans natural tan and resulted him in going for twice daily ?
  • Options
    Iain was now starting to feel the pressure. Not only was his team underperforming, but he was becoming acutely aware his farmyard smells were distancing people.

Taking drastic measures, he decided to......
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    give up his career in football management, before it gave up on him, and join a hippie convoy travelling around the country.

A few months of peace, love and dope would do him good, thought Iain, but he had forgotton about one thing...