Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Official Well Played Celtic thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    Just beaten Spartak Moscow and are through to the next round of the Champions League.

Pretty amazing achievement for a team basically full of CCC level players and whose domestic league is not far from League One level.

If I were Chelsea I'd be pretty embarrased, their group was probably easier than Celtic's.
  • Options
    Everyone I know who's ever drunk a pint of Guinness is taking to Twitter to pledge their undying support to this club yet haven't got a clue who they're playing at the weekend.

Not criticising their achievement whatsoever - they've done brilliantly - but all these cocks purporting to be regular Parkhead-goers are utterly pathetic bandwagon hoppers as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and Neil Lennon is a c**t too.
  • Options
    Great performance and liked the playing of London Calling at final whistle. Very much wishful thinking on Celts part, to go to final, but great achievement to get out of that group.
  • Options
    I hate Celtic. And that's my useless contribution to the thread.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

Everyone I know who's ever drunk a pint of Guinness is taking to Twitter to pledge their undying support to this club yet haven't got a clue who they're playing at the weekend.

Not criticising their achievement whatsoever - they've done brilliantly - but all these cocks purporting to be regular Parkhead-goers are utterly pathetic bandwagon hoppers as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and Neil Lennon is a c**t too.

Mrbacon said:

Now now folks tis the season of goodwill to all men.
  • Options
    Now now folks tis the season of goodwill to all men.

Sadly, rarely seen on a thread for Celtic (or Rangers for that matter). As much as people say they have no time for the religion/politics of the Old Firm, they're still happy to post their inane witterings on either club & slate anyone who actually does take an interest in how they are doing.

Celtic are missing the competition of Rangers in the league, but that's a helluva achievement getting through that group. Best of luck to them, Man U & Arsenal in next round.
  • Options
    It's a shame people can't contribute without saying how much they 'hate' Celtic or Rangers in this type of thread. The religious/sectarian stuff bores me to tears, as do those who revel in it.

The point here is a footballing one in that Celtic with a tiny budget and squad made up of locals and second-tier imports from England and Europe's lesser leagues made it through a very, very tough group whilst the drenched-in-cash Man City and Chelsea crashed out their groups.

I think this shows that despite all the crazy money in modern football than a team can still succeed with a shrewd transfer policy and good management.
  • Options
    that penalty was an inch or two from missing ...... but deffo the best way to take it
  • Options
    Well played Celtic! (and Cluj and Juventus for a nice treble)!
  • Options
    Mrbacon said:

Me too................I thought threads like this were barred!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great achievement beating Barcelona in the group stage as well....well done for a team that plays in a poor league
  • Options
    As per usual, The tin will be passed around the stands..
  • Options
    Rod the sellick fan...........plastic as they come
  • Options
    Well done the Hoops.