Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

Didnt watch it - but were Pompey a bunch of cloggers?

According to the commentators, we were!

• Options
    Well old chaps
    That result has certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons
  • Options
    Not surprised with the sending off... Went straight into Taylor and didnt see either getting the ball to be honest
  • Options

Pompey commentary on iFollow was so fucking biased.....the half time round up was laughable beyond words.

I honestly thought I had been watching a different match when I started listening to their half-time piffle.
  • Options
    We’ve got a pretty decent record down there in the last 30 years

Speaking to my old man, he took me down there for a win in the early 90s. We won 2-1 in 93. I remember going a 2-0 win just before Xmas in 97, season we won promotion

We beat them quite easily when we won the championship in 99/00 season

Beat them again in Oct 03 I think when we had Di Canio. Again the season after when Rommedahl scored, game was live on Sky

That win last season and now tonight

No wonder some of their fans may be a bit fed up with us :smiley:
  • Options
    Well after that stellar performance I hope we don't buckle under lowly Wimbledon this weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually quite like Pompey as a club but they certainly don't like us!
  • Options
    I had a little dig at my Pompey mate who was at the game, his response...

'Did a job on us in first half. Ref very poor. Your team (Charlton) played at it all game going down easily.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Pompey commentary on iFollow was so fucking biased.....the half time round up was laughable beyond words.

There were a few moments but they saved their best for last when they moaned about the foul on Lapslie right at the end

The kid took a boot to the bloody face, what else do they think was going to happen
  • Options

'Did a job on us in first half. Ref very poor. Your team (Charlton) played at it all game going down easily.

Sorry dont see it... but regardless we've been mugged off by so many teams at this level for doing the same its nice if we're giving that behaviour back

ESPECIALLY the time wasting!!
  • Options
    Bloody Charlton - just when you least expect it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.skysports.com/football/portsmth-vs-charlton/teams/393307

Wowsers, not expecting that at all. Was out, so not able to keep up to date, but a great performance. An interesting team as well, Dijksteel and Sarr at FB, Fosu unused on the bench.
  • Options
    Well happy with that win, wasn’t confident at all beforehand.
  • Options

Yep. He's from Pompey alright.

• Options
    Bit rubbish that the BBC don't have the full details and text commentary of the match!
  • Options

We've got a lengthy injury list, and we're missing key players.

Pompey should be thankful that they didn't have to play our 1st team! :smile:

• Options

https://www.skysports.com/football/portsmth-vs-charlton/teams/393307

Wowsers, not expecting that at all. Was out, so not able to keep up to date, but a great performance. An interesting team as well, Dijksteel and Sarr at FB, Fosu unused on the bench.

Going by the Portsmouth formation / line ups I think its fair we give credit to Karl Robinson for tonights win

After all he was the man to bring 4-2-3-1 to the Valley and so taught us not only how to play it yet how to beat it - What a great man!!
  • Options

Yeah it’s called game management. Love it! Obviously only when we are the game managers!!
  • Options
    BRILLIANT LADS
  • Options
    Are the highlights on Sky yet?