Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017/18 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options

I run my own model for the Prem/Champ/Lg1/Lg2 based on shot data. This has it's advantages and disadvantages as any model does but can throw up some value bets throughout the season.

Still early days in the Premiership but there are some interesting things to note in lower leagues:

Championship: Got this quite competitive at the top end with Leeds and Cardiff currently top. At the other end things looks very bad for both Bolton and Burton. Bolton are now only 1.44 but can still get 1.91 on Burton if you don't mind taking a short price this far out. Ipswich, despite their start, also don't fare well and could be worth an interest at 11s should they slide down the table.

League 1: Got Wigan well clear currently and prices of 9/4 look fair to win the League. Rate us about 8th at the moment. Other end of the table doesn't throw up anything of major interest yet.

League 2: Very competitive at the top but Forest Green look to be struggling to adapt to the step up from non-Leauge. 13/2 with Bet365 to go down looks big (if you can get anything on), with it as short as 11/4 elsewhere. Can get 5s in main high street shops.

And forest green go odds on relegation
    tbf, that was a great shout at the odds.
  • Options

I run my own model for the Prem/Champ/Lg1/Lg2 based on shot data. This has it's advantages and disadvantages as any model does but can throw up some value bets throughout the season.

Still early days in the Premiership but there are some interesting things to note in lower leagues:

Championship: Got this quite competitive at the top end with Leeds and Cardiff currently top. At the other end things looks very bad for both Bolton and Burton. Bolton are now only 1.44 but can still get 1.91 on Burton if you don't mind taking a short price this far out. Ipswich, despite their start, also don't fare well and could be worth an interest at 11s should they slide down the table.

League 1: Got Wigan well clear currently and prices of 9/4 look fair to win the League. Rate us about 8th at the moment. Other end of the table doesn't throw up anything of major interest yet.

League 2: Very competitive at the top but Forest Green look to be struggling to adapt to the step up from non-Leauge. 13/2 with Bet365 to go down looks big (if you can get anything on), with it as short as 11/4 elsewhere. Can get 5s in main high street shops.

And forest green go odds on relegation
    And Mr largo is looking for somewhere to live
  • Options
    Bet X Get X from 365 for me again, for the Madrid Spurs game.

Only a tenner this time...
  • Options

£50 for me.

Any ideas on what to lump it on?
  • Options
    How many betting firms do you hold an account with.
    I'm on about 10 get offers most weeks.
  • Options
    RanTooFar said:

£50 for me.

I must've had a winning bet since last time they did the offer.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    RanTooFar said:

£50 for me.

Ronaldo anytime, odds might be really rubbish but it’ll almost be like printing money.

Saying that, depending on Bale’s fitness... to score against his old side, now how often does that happen in football? Anytime on that is 21/20.
  • Options
    Sage said:

RanTooFar said:

£50 for me.

Ronaldo anytime, odds might be really rubbish but it’ll almost be like printing money.

Saying that, depending on Bale’s fitness... to score against his old side, now how often does that happen in football? Anytime on that is 21/20.
    Make sure Bale's starting before placing that one. I think Isco is giving him a fair bit of competition for his place in the side.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Sage said:

RanTooFar said:

£50 for me.

Make sure Bale's starting before placing that one. I think Isco is giving him a fair bit of competition for his place in the side.
    I won’t be betting on the game myself but just giving my input. Isco is a very good player, but against his old side, I do hope Bale starts.
  • Options
    25 for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    365 have dropped me, I don't get the offer anymore. Gods knows why , iv hardly taken them to the cleaners, although have had a few lumpy bets. Mostly losers.
  • Options
    Only a fiver again.
    Booooo
  • Options

RanTooFar said:

£50 for me.

I must've had a winning bet since last time they did the offer.
    Haven't even been offered £5 the last two times they've run the offer ☹️

• Options

365 have dropped me, I don't get the offer anymore. Gods knows why , iv hardly taken them to the cleaners, although have had a few lumpy bets. Mostly losers.

Same here...

• Options
    Yyyeeeeesssss
    Just opened me coral account
    Message your retail deposit has been approved £165 in account rang up what's this about bet you had on 30th September charlton 4+goals been paid out
  • Options
    Just need another Cheltenham goal. image
  • Options
    So if you ever need a goal, just post it on here.

Almost as soon as I posted that, Cheltenham scored.
    Get in!!
  • Options
    Weekend is here, what proverbial drains are out sheckles being poured down today guys?

Someone provide with a guaranteed chicken dinner
  • Options
    Stoke, Leicester and Sheffield United all to score 2+ goals each @10/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheff U, Cambridge, Exeter, Stevenage - bout 12.5/1, trebles and a fourfold.
  • Options
    Did Swansea, Villa, Derby, Wolves

Swansea losing
  • Options
    I've got:
    Sheffield United
    Oldham
    Wigan
    Charlton
    Portsmouth

And bloody Blackburn have decided this week that they can play. Fuming.
  • Options
    Just needing B’ham to win for the triple crown.
  • Options
    Little win last night BTTS and win:
    Leicester
    Inter
    Oldham (94th minute!)
    £3 on return £107
    Coral wont let me withdraw at mo :( says mid game and to restart app and log in again, done this and even restarted the phone. I have tweeted them so hopefully be sorted out shortly.
  • Options
    @johnnybev1987 lucky fucker i had a similar bet on £1 stake £489 return

all btts and win

bristol
    bournemouth
    leicester
    oldham

and fecking man u slags!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

@johnnybev1987 lucky fucker i had a similar bet on £1 stake £489 return

all btts and win

bristol
    bournemouth
    leicester
    oldham

and fecking man u slags!!!!

Pretty jammy like the other week when i had Chelsea to win at Althetico, getting a bit lucky of late so hopefully it continues :)

Swansea's fault not united for you, would have been a lovely return that.

Still not sorted my withdrawal out yet, which is frustrating....

I contacted on twitter and they said to DM details etc, they then said its because a £21 bonus was running on a fishing frenzy game... although i read as £2 as my screen is cracked so put on and obviously it still didnt release the funds. The last message says if i want them to remove this bonus they will , even though its not a free bet and in no relation to my winnings as this was all from football over the weekend as i deposited £15. Bit annoying really not like i want to withdraw much but would rather do that then spunk it.

Usually do £10 a week and anything i win spin up and withdraw, probably 4/5th time this season i have managed to withdraw £80-£100, hope this isn't why they are being difficult as most seasons i just waste money on there just seem to bet a bit more sensible now.

*PS sorry for the ramblings (bored at work)
  • Options
    Some value for those who like to bet with their heart (but not a bad bet gambling with your head either).

SportingBet going 6/5 for Charlton Top 6 finish. Other prices vary from as short as 2/5 (Victor)-8/11 (Coral) but general price 1/2 ca. Definitely value for those who like a punt. A long season to go but I'd have to agree with the majority and go no higher than 8/11. Can't imagine the price will get palped (claim it's an error), SB go longest odds on almost half of the available market.
  • Options
    Unbeaten Shrewsbury 4/6 Top 6 there also (W11 D4). Already 14 points and a heftier GD clear of 7th spot.. 1/3 and 2/7 elsewhere. An unlimited bettors dream SB right now.
  • Options
    Rather than tying up a load of money on those bets, why not just back Charlton to beat AFC Wimbledon at evens this weekend?