Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Lennon is set to be the subject of interest in the January transfer window

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/12790/charlton-defender-attracting-interest-pack-league-one-clubs/

Lennon does seem to have dropped down the pecking order. I imagine whether he stays or not will depend on any other CBs leave or not.

Comments

• Options

Be a shame to see him go, but guess we can't keep them all. Come the start of next season we'll be desperate for Defenders again knowing our luck.

Nothing to do with luck, it is the continued shit running of our club.
  • Options
    Ehh not as good as Konsa, Bauer, Pearce or Teixeira.

If they're still here by the end of January then I won't worry if he's not
  • Options
    Agent talk
  • Options

Agent talk

Katrien talk.
  • Options

Good riddance. Yes he's come through the ranks but not a great defender whose only contributions this season have been getting sent off and conceding a penalty.

That is weird to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

a far better player than Pearce, would be typical us to offload him

Hmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Huge shame. I've said it before I'm a huge fan of Harry. Having seen him play a fair bit at gills last season he was exceptional at this level. At the time many were saying he was one of the best CBs in the league. Gills defense completely fell apart for about 8 games when he left and that ultimately lost their momentum.

I know Pearce was brought in to be first choice and I'm not sure Slade has realised how good Ezri would be. But I would have certainly given him some more game time. Will be a huge loss if we lose him.
  • Options
    realistically he might have to move for the sake of his career but given game time and continued faith i think he could become a very good player and turn out a bit like turner for example ...whatever deal we do it must involve add ons for appearances and a sell on (i am sorry if no one understands those technical terms)

if you do go Harry all the best ...as someone else will see the best of you
  • Options
    I think Harry needs a run of games, as when he's come in he's looked rusty and a liability

The change to the loan system is really annoying, as what he needs is a 1 or 2 month loan to get match ready. Instead he'll either have to wait his turn to play in the 1st team or leave in January. If he goes on loan we won't be able to recall him.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

As a player, it's debatable whether he's better than Johnson also...
  • Options

a far better player than Pearce, would be typical us to offload him

Far better, really? Potentially I'd say he could be, but now?
  • Options
    Tactical 'leak' by rat & Kat.
    Come January when we sell Tex, Konsa and Bauer, they can brag how hard they fought to keep Lennon.
  • Options
    He's not been good this season and has regressed from the player we saw two years ago .. Tex, Bauer, Konsa and Johnson are better .. IF he goes, good luck to him, except against us
  • Options

Good riddance. Yes he's come through the ranks but not a great defender whose only contributions this season have been getting sent off and conceding a penalty.

That is weird to me
    (Meaning unique {...} )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The guy is total shit . Never seen him have a good game ever. Get rid
  • Options

Agent talk

Katrien talk.
    I hate you two.

I now have Imagination doing the backing music for this thread.

As if that could ever be a good thing....
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Unfortunately Johnson does not seem to be on anyones wanted list .
  • Options

sam3110 said:

No way debatable. The Harry Lennon for Gills last season was far and away better than the Rojo of last season. No question. Neither have played much this year but Rojo is past it and Harry is on the way up. I know who I would choose.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Can't have seen him much. He's had plenty of good games for Charlton in the championship even if you ignore his successful league one spells! Has a good eye for goal as well.
  • Options

The moment we were relegated nearly every player wanted to jump ship from last season and the majority managed it.

Harry Lennon on the other hand was the first to come out and say he wanted to stay... So yeah good riddance to him!!
  • Options

Agent talk

Definitely a story planted by an agent . I don't blame him though because he must feel that he's never going to get a run in the side .
  • Options

cafc4life said:

Can't have seen him much. He's had plenty of good games for Charlton in the championship even if you ignore his successful league one spells! Has a good eye for goal as well.
    Seen him loads. Not a fan
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Total nonsense typical Charlton.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Seen him loads. Not a fan
    That's it then. Cafc4life has decided he's shit do let's ignore the facts and get rid!

This time last year he was one of the most highly rated centre backs in league 1. Where are we now? League 1. He hasn't had much of a chance this year but let's stick with him hrs gonna be a very good player.

Not necessarily a nice to watch CB but typical English CB and very effective. Much like Michael Morrison.

Another similarity with mm is that he has been played at full back and looked poor. Much better as a CB.