Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Lennon is set to be the subject of interest in the January transfer window

Comments

• Options

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

The guy is total shit . Never seen him have a good game ever. Get rid

Can't have seen him much. He's had plenty of good games for Charlton in the championship even if you ignore his successful league one spells! Has a good eye for goal as well.
    Seen him loads. Not a fan
    That's it then. Cafc4life has decided he's shit do let's ignore the facts and get rid!

This time last year he was one of the most highly rated centre backs in league 1. Where are we now? League 1. He hasn't had much of a chance this year but let's stick with him hrs gonna be a very good player.

Not necessarily a nice to watch CB but typical English CB and very effective. Much like Michael Morrison.

Another similarity with mm is that he has been played at full back and looked poor. Much better as a CB.
    Hardly said that have I Lol . It's opinions . I think he's not very good , you disagree . Personally think Bauer,Pearce, Konsa, Teixeira are all much better. Lennon hasn't stood out in any game I've seen him given a chance,getting sent off at Oxford a prime example when he controlled that ball out the air and it went further than a Simon Church shot
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

The guy is total shit . Never seen him have a good game ever. Get rid

Can't have seen him much. He's had plenty of good games for Charlton in the championship even if you ignore his successful league one spells! Has a good eye for goal as well.
    Seen him loads. Not a fan
    That's it then. Cafc4life has decided he's shit do let's ignore the facts and get rid!

This time last year he was one of the most highly rated centre backs in league 1. Where are we now? League 1. He hasn't had much of a chance this year but let's stick with him hrs gonna be a very good player.

Not necessarily a nice to watch CB but typical English CB and very effective. Much like Michael Morrison.

Another similarity with mm is that he has been played at full back and looked poor. Much better as a CB.
    Hardly said that have I Lol . It's opinions . I think he's not very good , you disagree . Personally think Bauer,Pearce, Konsa, Teixeira are all much better. Lennon hasn't stood out in any game I've seen him given a chance,getting sent off at Oxford a prime example when he controlled that ball out the air and it went further than a Simon Church shot
    I agree he's probably behind them in the pecking order. But it's far too early to write him off. He's still a very good talent.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

sam3110 said:

Ehh not as good as Konsa, Bauer, Pearce or Teixeira.

If they're still here by the end of January then I won't worry if he's not

As a player, it's debatable whether he's better than Johnson also...
    Unfortunately Johnson does not seem to be on anyones wanted list .
    Met police?
  • Options
    Probably knew he wouldn't be wanted by anyone worth leaving for anyway. Sorry but I don't respect a player who has the discipline of a 4 year old. Let the team down twice this season.
  • Options
    Tex is probably going to be sold.
    Rojo should go.
    If that's the case I'd like to loan him out to gain experience and put a clause in that we can get him back if needed
  • Options
    I'm not sure at the moment he's anywhere near the team but he obviously has a lot of potential, unfortunately the merry go round of managers at the club in the last 3 years doesn't help any players but you can times that by ten for the younger ones.

• Options

Probably knew he wouldn't be wanted by anyone worth leaving for anyway. Sorry but I don't respect a player who has the discipline of a 4 year old. Let the team down twice this season.

Doesnt help the fact that he's not getting any game time AT ALL...

He came back from injury played once or twice for the U23s and then got thrown in against Oxford where he made an ill timed challenge because of his lack of match practice, same again happened against Port Vale - If the lad isnt being played in the First-Team then why isnt he playing a few times for the U23s so at least he's getting game time and match practice?
  • Options

Good riddance. Yes he's come through the ranks but not a great defender whose only contributions this season have been getting sent off and conceding a penalty.

Sweaty Balmers first contribution was to give away not just one og, but two,,,,,,and he turned out ok.
  • Options
    I'd say Lennon's behind Bauer, Texieira, Pearce, Konsa in that order, not because he's a bad player but because CB is the one area of the team we're well stocked in. Johnson isn't even up for debate he should never be wearing the shirt again and it's no surprise this thread isn't called 'Roger Johnson set to be subject of interest' as nobody wants him! Does make you wonder if PuneLife.com had something like that last year though!

I'd send Lennon out on loan with a recall option and re-assess at the end of January which of the above players excluding Lennon are still with us. I agree he's been somewhat of a liability when he's featured but that doesn't make him a bad player either. If we fail to get promoted we may well find ourselves in need of CB's next season and that then could be Lennon's time to make a place in the team his own.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

a far better player than Pearce, would be typical us to offload him

Far better, really? Potentially I'd say he could be, but now?
    Yep, look at Wimbledons winner, Pearce can't fuckin jump and head a ball
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry mate but he's nowhere near as good as Pearce.

• Options
    Physical presence and good pace for a central defender. What's not to like?

The odd mistake but he's young and in the third division!

Can do a job at left back too if needed.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Sorry mate but he's nowhere near as good as Pearce.

And nowhere as old
  • Options
    He's looked miles off the pace whenever he has played this season. Realise he missed a bit at the start due to injury, but a rash sending of and penalty haven't really seen him help himself.

Don't understand why he isn't getting game time in the U23s. Clearly Latrine won't allow Ribinson to sign anyone before he moves people on and I guess Lennon is an obvious one.
  • Options

Is it ok for me to say that I'm not convinced by Pearce

I agree. Looks like a penalty waiting to happen.
  • Options
    Looks like an experienced defender operating at league one level to me Pearce.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I don't know why people are assuming it's the club wanting to move him on, surely it's more a player fed up at being 5th or 6th choice CB at the club.

A lot depends on whether Tex leaves in January and possibly Bauer too if we get a bid that he fancies.

With CBs, experience is important in organising the defence, especially with a rookie keeper. Thus Pearce is important for the defence if Tex isn't playing. I wouldn't want Lennon and Konsa playing together, and even Bauer is quite young. To an extent, Johnson played this role as the experienced head swearing at organising the defence last summer in pre season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fine if he wants to leave or the club think he is not going to make it (rightly or wrongly). The problem comes from the fact we know that we already have a squad that is not large enough to cope with the rigours of a full season of league one and whenever we sell/release players we don't replace them. It's a case of 4 out 1 in. What sort out squad are we going to have come the first of February?
  • Options

Fine if he wants to leave or the club think he is not going to make it (rightly or wrongly). The problem comes from the fact we know that we already have a squad that is not large enough to cope with the rigours of a full season of league one and whenever we sell/release players we don't replace them. It's a case of 4 out 1 in. What sort out squad are we going to have come the first of February?

The squad is almost large enough, but is unbalanced. We don't need 6 CBs
  • Options

Glad its not only me. Came with a big reputation but I can't see it personally. He constantly grapples with attackers, has already conceded one penalty doing it and will no doubt give away more.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Be interesting to see whether KR rates him as highly as he was hand picked by Slade and one of the first names on the team sheet under him.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Be interesting to see whether KR rates him as highly as he was hand picked by Slade and one of the first names on the team sheet under him.

I was thinking the same, but I doubt if he will break up the Pearce/Bauer partnership just yet. Plus Pearce is left footed, while Bauer and Tex are both right, so it helps having a left footed player in the CD position
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Harry Lennon is left footed.........................Oh, hang on a minute :wink: .
  • Options

Couldn't agree more, apart from Johnson worse centre half at the club, I really rate Lennon, he was outstanding at Brighton away last year, when he got injured and taken off our problems started.
  • Options
    Pearce may look like a penalty waiting to happen I agree but that's his tough style of play. Personally I don't mind having a CB playing on the edge each game, admittedly there's been a few times he's got away with it possibly due to the poor standard of ref's you get at this level but he's still very much in credit and would far rather this than a CB who gets muscled off the ball easily.
  • Options

Couldn't agree more, apart from Johnson worse centre half at the club, I really rate Lennon, he was outstanding at Brighton away last year, when he got injured and taken off our problems started.
    Well his replacement was Naby Sarr.
  • Options
    We've let in 19 goals in 19 league games, with Pearce playing the majority of them. I think that says it all