Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHARLTON nil .... JIM DAVIDSON

A big two page spread on the Sarf East London terror in yesterdays's 'The Times' newspaper. It is well worth a read if you can get hold of a copy.

Jim is taking his 'comedy' show (sounds that perhaps it might be too close to the factual and distressing for some to behold) , 'Charlton nil' on the road until the end of November, details on jimdavidson.org.uk. (I emphasise, I am NOT getting paid for advertising JD's 'wares')

I appreciate that he divides opinion amongst us CLifers, here is an example of his current state of mind taken from yesterday's article. The questioner mentioned that he looked fit despite having put on weight and the fact that he still loves a drink or three: QUOTE: 'My dick is shrinking and I'm growing boobs. I'll be able to work for the BBC in a minute, or The Guardian' UNQUOTE

.. may I say Jim, persona non grata, strictly not PC or otherwise, you're a diamond geezer and you're still not shy about speaking your mind

Comments

• Options

Even more unfunny now than he was in the 70s.

Still making a bloody good living out of it though.
  • Options
    Dont mind him. What he says about Jordan Cousins pisses me off.
  • Options
    He's no Kelvin Mackenzie
  • Options
    Never really been a fan of his comedy but saw him at Wolverhampton Grand some months back and thought he was brilliant. Got a standing ovation from the entire crowd including myself.
  • Options

Jim Davidson is a tip bloke. I think his son Cameron is a CL member.

Yes his son posts on here. Thankfully everyone has been respectful so far on this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

Must be a typo, surely that should be either top bloke or tit bloke.
  • Options
    Although i totally disagree with his politics i think he's very funny. I went to see him at Stevenage last November and i can't remember laughing so much in many years. Especially when he tells the story of how he caught his drunk dad trying to piss out of a bollock while leaving his todger in his trousers. ( i can't do it justice).
    I met him in the interval and he saw my Charlton Tattoo and we got talking all things Addicks.
    You have to admire how he has taken advantage of being arrested and not being charged . it must have been an awful time for him.
  • Options

His son Fred definitely is.
  • Options
    Going to see him in Dartford in November ... looking forward to it
  • Options
    Last time I post this, I promise. ..Forget any PC concerns, what turned me off JD was the complete lack of CAFC backing when he was in his pomp (70s /80s). The Charlton Nil joke was less funny coming from a director of Bournemouth (as he was back then )
  • Options
    I saw him at the Dun Cow in the 70's and he was definitely Charlton then, as he was at school at St. Austins in Charlton.
  • Options
    Like JD
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I saw him at the Dun Cow in the 70's and he was definitely Charlton then, as he was at school at St. Austins in Charlton.

I used to drink with him in Charlton in the 70's and can confirm he was most definitely Charlton then.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Not really my cup of tea comedy wise but he did the BTTV21 dinner for us, the museum that is, for free and did it well. He can deliver a joke, that's for sure.

He was really panicking afterwards as he thought he'd upset Keith Peacock with all his short jokes about KP. Thankfully we never get those sort of heightist remarks on CL.

As Addickted said he does a lot for armed forces charities too so kudos for him on that.

Hitting his wife? Can't say that sits easily though.

The Bournemouth thing has always seemed odd to me but have been told that CAFC board at the time (80s?) didn't want him but AFCB did. Might be his version of things I don't know.
  • Options
    Did a free gig for Robbo's testimonial year (remember when players stayed at clubs for ages?).
    Brilliant then, and brilliant now.

Please remember it is an "act" or a "show". I doubt Chubby Brown says any of the things in his act to his wife in real life, or that Milton Jones's hair sticks up at the front when he is shopping in Asda.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did a free gig for Robbo's testimonial year (remember when players stayed at clubs for ages?).
    Brilliant then, and brilliant now.

Please remember it is an "act" or a "show". I doubt Chubby Brown says any of the things in his act to his wife in real life, or that Milton Jones's hair sticks up at the front when he is shopping in Asda.

He's not been to ASDA Swanley then.......
  • Options

Dont mind him. What he says about Jordan Cousins pisses me off.

What did he say about Jordan?
  • Options
    Sat at Cardiff station with me, my two boys and two other chaps chatting for about an hour while waiting for our train home. He is a top bloke, even offered to get us some food. Untold love for Charlton, and said he travelled from Plymouth (where he was doing a gig) to Blackburn to watch them.
    Wasnt the slightest bit happy with Jordan C, it would seem he isnt his biggest fan.
  • Options
    First saw Jim at the old Valley Club when he was starting out and have loved him ever since. I never take anyone to seriously expect when the old man was alive, Jim has made plenty of mistakes in his life but so have we all but I am glad he is charlton and not millwall
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Really decent chap and Charlton through and through. Chatted to us for a while after a gig in Maidstone a few years ago. Even chatted to us again at Wembley when he was there supporting the sweaties (he's allowed one pass) against us and didn't mind my drunken Dad jumping (literally) on his back up Wembley way. Still had his Charlton pin badge on that night. Also seem him at countless away games. And I agree with his politics - perfect.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Sigh. Nearly got pulled in. Again. Will I ever learn?