Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Rashford has to become more clinical. That would make a big difference. 
    At the moment he needs to show a bit more commitment and guille like getting across the front of a defender when. All's are going into the box as Shearer highlighted last night. His attitude is not right ATM IMO.
    Didnt he recently get a stonking new contract? Perhaps taken his eye off the ball. 

Said it after the Arsenal game that for the amounts Utd pay in fees and salaries they have so many average players. The whole attitude around the club seems very wrong at the moment.
  • Options
    Go get Poch and Kane the time is ripe to finish Spurs off 
    although spurs mate said Levy doesn’t deal with United , apparently last transfer was Berbatov 11 years ago 

• Options
    It was always going to end in tears with Ole. He has already proven he is not a football manager. They need a no nonsense manager of pedigree. Give him money to start again. Meanwhile see you in the Championship !
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I think it's hilarious the mess they are in, properly funny especially as all the dicks on facebook and any other form of voice they have are giving it large about not supporting them anymore  Most of these slugs have only seen Manchester on a map 

Good, and I have been genuinely laughing at the old players getting their knickers in a twist about how rudderless they look
    The weird thing is, I don't think they've got as many non-local fans attending matches as they used to have back in the day when they used to win everything... But still sell out every game. I think a lot more local mancs go to games now - certainly the turnout onto Chester Road after every home match is a stream of "aahrright r kid" in moody Stone Island parkas whereas before it was almost half cockneys and tourists. Bizarrely this means they're probably getting less abuse in the ground than they would have done if they'd been this shit in the Fergie era
  • Options
    Woodward is the major problem, but it all boils down to the plan, and there isn't one. You can jettison a manager you don't like if you've bought players who suit an agreed style, and replace that manager with one who is able and willing to work within the style. They never had a plan as such under Ferguson because he was there for 26 years; he was the plan. After that they should have taken stock, settled on a way of playing and started to bring in players to suit it. You're never going to replace the man, so you elevate the style above the manager. Instead they brought in Moyes at Ferguson's recommendation which is never a wise plan, and chucked him at the first sight of danger.

His sole signings were Fellaini, who cost more than he should have as a result of Woodward trying to play a fee game with Everton that he lost, and Mata at the end of January. How can you expect a manager to come in after the greatest of all time and take control of a squad that was almost entirely Ferguson's? Moyes never had a chance even if he didn't help himself. van Gaal was backed financially but it never made sense to bring in a manager with a rigid style that was completely different to what the players were used to and then chuck the manager as soon as it didn't look like it was working. There were some really poor signings, including those handpicked by van Gaal, but mostly players that he didn't want, so he was never able to really put his style in place. The maddest thing about employing van Gaal is they knew from the moment they signed him up that he was going to do three years maximum with them. With that in mind, they should have gone all in with the plan and had a few successors planned who could play in that style. Give van Gaal his three years to set the foundations and pick up a trophy or two, and then build on that style. Instead they panicked, chucked him early right after they had won the FA Cup and brought in Mourinho because he was available. Big name, but a completely different way of playing. Out went the van Gaal style and the van Gaal signings, in came the polarising style of Jose. Jose was never backed to the level he would have liked, never given the players he really wanted and they chucked him too. Bonus points for Woodward again trying to play silly buggers with transfer dealings, telling Jose that Maguire was too expensive and that he had enough defenders as it is only to spend even more on Maguire a year later under Ole. And now Ole is there, a man who wants to play guerilla football on the counter with a hybrid of what's left of van Gaal players, Jose stodge players and little else. Even the good players in there have been bounced around from style to style over the years so much that they're beginning to look like half the players they were. Mata is a wonderful player but he's been asked to defend, to play wide right and cut in, to be part of quick counter attacks, when his best football has been as a 10 with scope to create and score in a free role. Even when they knew Ole was permanently in the role they haven't brought him in the players he needs to suit his style. The exception in Dan James and he looks excellent playing in the style Ole wants. There's a lot of focus on where the money has gone with United but the worst thing is you can't point to a single decision they've made since Ferguson left and say it was part of any considered strategy. A team with their money will eventually power out with signings, but not if every strategic decision takes them back a step. Woodward has to go. I hope he doesn't though, because I hate Man Utd. Long live the official noodle sponsors.
    Great post.

Most United fans are unanimous that Woodward has to go. As one twitter post i saw said: "this is the man who decided that the answer to bridging the gap to Man City's centurions last summer was to sign Fred, Dalot and Lee Grant".

This year ok they addressed the defence by signing Maguire and AWB, but they didn't sign a creative midfielder and they let Sanchez and Lukaku walk out the door without replacing them. 

Woodward is (not surprisingly as a man with a finance background) more concerned about profit. He knows more about a tyre sponsorship deal than signing players who will fit the style of play United are used to. They either need to get rid of him, or let him focus only on finance deals and bring in a director of football to focus on transfers and building a competitive squad.
  • Options
    Has jewellery to concentrate on. Real classy stuff. 

• Options
    Talal said:
    Has jewellery to concentrate on. Real classy stuff. 

Are you surprised given he's best mates with Jesse f***ing 'beans beans beans' Lingard?

Though to be fair there are tons of very good players who also have terrible dress sense.  
  • Options
    Give it to Allardyce 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair if i was 21 and earning about 200k a week i'm pretty sure i'd buy a load of expensive shit as well.
  • Options
    To be fair if i was 21 and earning about 200k a week i'm pretty sure i'd buy a load of expensive shit as well.

Sage said:
    se9addick said:
    Sage said:
    Said already but wanna say again because I enjoy it so much. It’s hilarious and their so called ‘supporters’ keep thinking they’re something amazing. When Ferguson left, he left with the weakest squad he probably had in years and years. They’ve just got worse and it’s great to see.

They can keep throwing money at the problem and hoping it works. But everyone else knows how desperate they are so prices will inflate further. Then when they carry on being so poor, any decent players they have left, will almost certainly want to leave. It’s great.

Lose against Liverpool and they’ll be 18 points behind already, and 9 points after 9 games. I’d expect them to finish around 30-40 points behind. No exaggeration.

Leicester will finish above them and make Maguire leaving look stupid.
    Didn’t they win the Premier League by double figure points that year?
    Nope, they won the league with 89 points in 2012/13, which is a good total and was Ferguson's last season, but has since averaged 69 points, which on average is a 6th place finish.

Since Ferguson left in 2013, they've spent £948.23 million. Where has it got them?

They've brought in £311.25 million in fees. Making a total loss in transfers, in 6 years of, £636.98 million.

I find it hilarious.
    I’d be dead in about a fortnight, but it would be some fortnight!
  • Options
    True. Just not shit expensive shit. 
  • Options

now there is one massively overrated player
  • Options

I'm inclined to agree here, how many young English players burst onto the scene and look like World beaters, then after a while they are exposed as having bags of pace and very little else?  Our top clubs youth teams seem to churn out the same type of players who's game is all about pace, very rarely do we produce technically gifted ones
  • Options

I'm inclined to agree here, how many young English players burst onto the scene and look like World beaters, then after a while they are exposed as having bags of pace and very little else?  Our top clubs youth teams seem to churn out the same type of players who's game is all about pace, very rarely do we produce technically gifted ones
    First technically gifted young player I can think of is Foden and even Pep has said he hasn’t given him as many minutes and chances as he should have because of the sheer quality of their squad.

I am sure that the more these young players play, the better they will become. This transfer ban for Chelsea will work out fantastically for England and for me shows why we need to introduce some form of policy when it comes to young English talent getting a chance to play, so long as they’re good enough of course. There has to be a way of increasing the pathway for these players without all having to come through the EFL clubs. 
  • Options
    How quickly people forget some of Ferguson's stellar signings.

I give you Ralph Milne.
  • Options
    Sage said:

First technically gifted young player I can think of is Foden and even Pep has said he hasn’t given him as many minutes and chances as he should have because of the sheer quality of their squad.

I am sure that the more these young players play, the better they will become. This transfer ban for Chelsea will work out fantastically for England and for me shows why we need to introduce some form of policy when it comes to young English talent getting a chance to play, so long as they’re good enough of course. There has to be a way of increasing the pathway for these players without all having to come through the EFL clubs. 
    Fully agree and would love to see something implemented - Never forget a comment about the Russia National Team during the World Cup last year

Was mentioned that the Russian Premier League has rules which state a number of Russian players have to play each game - Of course its a bonus for the National Team yet suddenly the standard dropped slightly because their players didnt have to work quite so hard to break into First Teams

Could very easily see the same problem happening here if similar rules were enforced so would certainly be a difficult prospect to try and juggle the two where the right players get to play yet the standard of player doesnt drop
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Said already but wanna say again because I enjoy it so much. It’s hilarious and their so called ‘supporters’ keep thinking they’re something amazing. When Ferguson left, he left with the weakest squad he probably had in years and years. They’ve just got worse and it’s great to see.

They can keep throwing money at the problem and hoping it works. But everyone else knows how desperate they are so prices will inflate further. Then when they carry on being so poor, any decent players they have left, will almost certainly want to leave. It’s great.

Lose against Liverpool and they’ll be 18 points behind already, and 9 points after 9 games. I’d expect them to finish around 30-40 points behind. No exaggeration.

Maguire's bank balance suggests otherwise.
    Having already been on huge money anyway at Leicester, if he only cares about his bank balance, he won't last long at the so called top of the game. Players should want to achieve something and win things. Granted he thought he would be able to by moving to United. However, this season has proven and will prove that it was the wrong move.
    I do not disagree with your post but I'm afraid that money talks and barring the VERY odd exception it is always the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

That final Fergie squad was ageing but looks pretty good when compared to now! What really stands out is how little Utd were spending in those days when compared to the likes of City, and once Fergie left things behind the scenes got worse and worse. Panic overpriced buys...

De Gea approaching his peak. Vidic and Ferdinand at the back, with Jonny Evans as back up. Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie and Zaha to come in. Plus Ben Amos as one of the reserve keepers!
    That’s my point as well. It wasn’t a good squad when he left, not when they had just won the league. But in comparison to now, it’s laughable. They’re a mid table side at best. Take out De Gea when fit and playing well and maybe Maguire, I don’t think there is a single player either Man City or Liverpool would even want in their squad when they have everyone fit.

Either way, long may it continue. 
    Spot on.

De Gea would be better than the keepers at Liverpool or City, maybe Maguire would get on the bench as would Rashford but that’s it.

Liverpool and City would not want Pogba anywhere near their teams.
  • Options
    Buying Pogba is still a great mystery to me. They had him as a youth player but let him go, despite his obvious talent, thought he was Billy big bollox and wanted a mega pay check, yet smashed the world transfer record to get him back, lo and behold, still has same attitude problem to the point where the whole team is disrupted, the whole reason why they got rid in the first place 
  • Options
    Buying Pogba is still a great mystery to me. They had him as a youth player but let him go, despite his obvious talent, thought he was Billy big bollox and wanted a mega pay check, yet smashed the world transfer record to get him back, lo and behold, still has same attitude problem to the point where the whole team is disrupted, the whole reason why they got rid in the first place 
    SAF got rid and would never have bought him back.  They brought him in and had no idea what to do with him once they got him.  Sums the whole thing up. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

That final Fergie squad was ageing but looks pretty good when compared to now! What really stands out is how little Utd were spending in those days when compared to the likes of City, and once Fergie left things behind the scenes got worse and worse. Panic overpriced buys...

De Gea approaching his peak. Vidic and Ferdinand at the back, with Jonny Evans as back up. Carrick, Rooney, Van Persie and Zaha to come in. Plus Ben Amos as one of the reserve keepers!
    That’s my point as well. It wasn’t a good squad when he left, not when they had just won the league. But in comparison to now, it’s laughable. They’re a mid table side at best. Take out De Gea when fit and playing well and maybe Maguire, I don’t think there is a single player either Man City or Liverpool would even want in their squad when they have everyone fit.

Spot on.

De Gea would be better than the keepers at Liverpool or City, maybe Maguire would get on the bench as would Rashford but that’s it.

With the style that they play, De Gea would definitely not be better for City than Ederson.
  • Options
    Pogba is a world class player, but he needs world class players around him. He can not carry a team. I think he would probably fit in well at Man City or Liverpool.
  • Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got?

Couldn't care less, other than it's funny to see them imploding so I'd say keep him there as long as possible.
  • Options
    Pogba is a world class player, but he needs world class players around him. He can not carry a team. I think he would probably fit in well at Man City or Liverpool.
    I have to disagree with that.  Pogba is one of the most overhyped, overrated footballers I've ever seen &;he causes trouble wherever he goes.  Utd were right to get rid of him the first time 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Spot on.

With the style that they play, De Gea would definitely not be better for City than Ederson.
    As a keeper De Gea isn't at his peak either. Under van Gaal he was their best player, winning games single handedly but the wonder saves are far rarer now
  • Options
    I have to disagree with that.  Pogba is one of the most overhyped, overrated footballers I've ever seen &;he causes trouble wherever he goes.  Utd were right to get rid of him the first time 
    Exactly, a world class player doesn't go missing for 2 seasons 
  • Options
    That is the joy of football, we all have differing views. My view is, he only becomes a class player when he has quality around him. I can understand why Zidane was interested.