Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Options
    15th after today’s loss at home to Arsenal. Seven points from six games. How long before he’s toast ? 
  • Options
    He still seems to be building a team around Pogba.

That will be his downfall.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Pogba is a disgrace. Does not look bothered in the least. At times it seems like he's making a conscious effort to show he's not into it
  • Options
    Pogba is the last player you want when the team is struggling and you need fighters. He is a luxury player who thinks he better than he is
  • Options
    Advert of potchetino in the studio for tomorrow night's game. Then over to Ole for the post match interview.
    Nice timing by Sky that.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Their problems are deeper than Solskjaer, but he's definitely out of his depth.

Fine organising a counter attack, can't do much else.
  • Options
    Agree with most posters pogba is overated..looks ok in adverts 
  • Options
    How long has Solskjaer got? Until half time of the next game!
  • Options
    How long has Solskjaer got?

As long as it takes Poch to answer the phone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Le Havre complained to FIFA about United signing him saying that he was under contract to them. When he did the same to United and left on a free, Ferguson accused Pogba of disrespecting Manchester United, saying "It is disappointing. I don't think he showed us any respect at all, to be honest. I'm quite happy that if they [footballers] carry on that way, they're probably better doing it away from us."

I said it at the time but why would you then pay £89m for a player who had shown no loyalty and who previously walked out on you for nothing? To put that in perspective, he previous season City paid a combined fee of £99m for KDB and Sterling. 

• Options
    lolwray said:
    Agree with most posters pogba is overated..looks ok in adverts 
    Their best player today.
  • Options
    Strange one really. They ended last season superbly, but can't get going this season. The win at Newcastle is the only time they've played well in the league and i can't remember the last time they started the season without winning any of their first 4 home games.

Yet they go and win away at PSG and then smash RB Leipzig 5-0.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Pogba is a disgrace. Does not look bothered in the least. At times it seems like he's making a conscious effort to show he's not into it
    Agreed. They need to cut their losses and sell him to whoever will have him. 90m and 300k a week for a guy who plays well in about 6-7 games a season isn't worth keeping around.

Shift him out and get in someone who actually wants to be there.
  • Options
    I feel, as previously mentioned, that Man Utd's issues run a lot deeper than Ole - with recruitment, or at least the amount spent on certain players, being especially poor. 

That being said, with the squad and talent they still have, they should be doing a lot better than this. 
  • Options
    I met a senior exec at Adidas on a Business Networking event 2-3 years ago. He was quite open about the fact you don’t sign an £800m shirt deal without some control.

Who is Pogba sponsored by?

Why have Man Utd been linked with Bale in every transfer window?

You could put any manager in at Utd and they will fail. The only interest their board has is to artificially inflate the stock price of a dying brand.
  • Options
    I met a senior exec at Adidas on a Business Networking event 2-3 years ago. He was quite open about the fact you don’t sign an £800m shirt deal without some control.

You could put any manager in at Utd and they will fail. The only interest their board has is to artificially inflate the stock price of a dying brand.
    Is it a dying brand though? After Real Madrid and Barcelona they're the next biggest/richest club in the world.
  • Options

Is it a dying brand though? After Real Madrid and Barcelona they're the next biggest/richest club in the world.
    They used to be THE biggest club commercially. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

True but to still be the biggest club outside of the big 2 in Spain, 7 years after Fergie left and without any real success in that time is still a strong achievement, and hardly a dying brand.

When Messi leaves Barca, their value will surely plummet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:

True but to still be the biggest club outside of the big 2 in Spain, 7 years after Fergie left and without any real success in that time is still a strong achievement, and hardly a dying brand.

Man Utd have always been massive but have been in decline since Fergie left, thats whereI think the term dying brand comes from. 

Yes, the same will go for Barca once Messi leaves (I think the decline has already started tbh)
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    cafc999 said:

Man Utd have always been massive but have been in decline since Fergie left, thats whereI think the term dying brand comes from. 

Yes, the same will go for Barca once Messi leaves (I think the decline has already started tbh)
    Re Barcelona, you are absolutely spot on. They are in huge financial trouble at the moment, hence why they were happy to let Suatez leave. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they let Messi go as well if someone is prepared to pay big bucks for him. 

As regards United, no wonder they wanted to play in a European Super League with no relegation! 
  • Options
    I don't think United are far off. They have a good enough squad but haven't found the right balance and tactics for certain eventualities. For me, a decent team that is well organised defensively is too big problem for them to break down. They need to solve that.
  • Options
    His was a ridiculous appointment in the first place and I think his 'survival' has been because ..  a) If the Glaziers sack/sacked him it will/would mean a big 'loss of face' so soon after sacking Moyes and ..  b) their Tampa Bay US football team is doing so well (so far) they are perhaps happy that they are having some success.

The thing is, who would be able to control and organise the prima donna millionaires posing as footballers who are on the Man U books ? Perhaps they should offer Didier Deschamps a salary he can't refuse to try and get the famous but struggling club back in shape. After 8 years in charge of the successful French national team, he might just be ready for a new challenge, or perhaps not  ((:>)
  • Options
    I don't think United are far off. They have a good enough squad but haven't found the right balance and tactics for certain eventualities. For me, a decent team that is well organised defensively is too big problem for them to break down. They need to solve that.
    Disagree with you about Utd. IMHO they don't have enough top players in the squad let alone team. Compare this squad to Fergies. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Heard an interview with OGS in talksport this morning. He said last season it took them 9 games to get to 10 points, but they are hopeful of achieving it in 7 games this season - what progress that is! That is a pretty embarrassing statement.  I can’t see him being in charge after Christmas if not earlier. They seem to take one step forward and 2 steps back. OGS is well out of his depth.  
  • Options
    Strange one really. They ended last season superbly, but can't get going this season. The win at Newcastle is the only time they've played well in the league and i can't remember the last time they started the season without winning any of their first 4 home games.

Yet they go and win away at PSG and then smash RB Leipzig 5-0.
    Fernandes is their best player and when he is up for it, they look good. When he isn't or can't get into a game, they look lost.

It's ridiculous that a squad which cost nearly 500 million still relys on one player. 

OGS is not forward thinking enough, he looked like he turned up to the game yesterday thinking of playing the same way as midweek, with the same results against a different side. That's not smart enough, you barely get away with that when playing football manager.

Pogba embodies everything wrong with united. 
  • Options
    ?
    About 3 minutes?

:-(
  • Options
    Strange team. 
  • Options
    Poch next?