Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How long has Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got ?

Comments

• Just shows how well Jose was actually doing.
    how he got that team to finish 2nd is a miracle.
    Too right. Jose is many things, but he is not wrong here. Shows he is ultimately still a very good manager who will get another good job sooner or later.
  • Jeez

Are you seriously comparing Manchester Utd to Charlton ?

Wum - I assume....
  • To be fair they are currently missing half their team. Wan-Bissaka, Shaw, 1-2 centre backs, Pogba, Martial. Most teams will struggle if you take 5 first team players out. But their lack of depth is alarming.
  • Really, who cares,,?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    So people here are taking pleasure in another clubs "suffering" because they have a "stay away" owner who has employed someone totally unsuitable to both run a football club and be in charge of recruitment?

An owner who has taken over a billion quid out of the football club.  

I suppose that's OK cos they "had it coming", will knock them down a peg or two.  The plastics don't care or count etc etc

Am I the only one that sees the irony? 

No, people are taking pleasure as a large % of their will will have never seen them play a game live yet used to spend time mocking supporters of clubs like Charlton.
  • Saw him yesterday and last Monday against Arsenal, he seems to have a bemused/confused look on his face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    So people here are taking pleasure in another clubs "suffering" because they have a "stay away" owner who has employed someone totally unsuitable to both run a football club and be in charge of recruitment?

An owner who has taken over a billion quid out of the football club.  

I suppose that's OK cos they "had it coming", will knock them down a peg or two.  The plastics don't care or count etc etc

Am I the only one that sees the irony? 

Lol. They're hardly going out of business are they. It's nice to see a club like them having a shocker of a season with a lot of overpaid "world class" prima donas.

Majority of people's offices are full United fans who give it large having never seen them play. It's a brilliant time to give them a bit back telling them to just support the next team that wins the league.
  • edited October 2019
    Took Fergie 5 years to win a trophy...

Lee bowyer did it in 18 months....
  • edited October 2019
    iaitch said:
    Saw him yesterday and last Monday against Arsenal, he seems to have a bemused/confused look on his face.
    Makes him look even more like Gollum. 
  • Sage said:
    Said already but wanna say again because I enjoy it so much. It’s hilarious and their so called ‘supporters’ keep thinking they’re something amazing. When Ferguson left, he left with the weakest squad he probably had in years and years. They’ve just got worse and it’s great to see.

They can keep throwing money at the problem and hoping it works. But everyone else knows how desperate they are so prices will inflate further. Then when they carry on being so poor, any decent players they have left, will almost certainly want to leave. It’s great.

Lose against Liverpool and they’ll be 18 points behind already, and 9 points after 9 games. I’d expect them to finish around 30-40 points behind. No exaggeration.

Leicester will finish above them and make Maguire leaving look stupid.
    Didn’t they win the Premier League by double figure points that year?
  • Sage said:
    Said already but wanna say again because I enjoy it so much. It’s hilarious and their so called ‘supporters’ keep thinking they’re something amazing. When Ferguson left, he left with the weakest squad he probably had in years and years. They’ve just got worse and it’s great to see.

They can keep throwing money at the problem and hoping it works. But everyone else knows how desperate they are so prices will inflate further. Then when they carry on being so poor, any decent players they have left, will almost certainly want to leave. It’s great.

Lose against Liverpool and they’ll be 18 points behind already, and 9 points after 9 games. I’d expect them to finish around 30-40 points behind. No exaggeration.

Maguire's bank balance suggests otherwise.
  • edited October 2019
    Fair bit of resignation to their plight up here by Man Ure fans who can't get their heads round swapping one problem for another. That breaking the bank for a defender (Maguire) and letting a striker (Lukaku) go without an adequate replacement whilst having blown a fortune on Sanchez from the Arsenal which never worked out.

Most entertaining when I tell them that had they endured the toils and troubles of many clubs like ours down the years I'd have some sympathy 😏. Apart from one spell in the old 2nd division in my lifetime in the Tommy Docherty era, they don't know what it is to struggle, have some! 😈
  • Sage said:

Maguire's bank balance suggests otherwise.
    Having already been on huge money anyway at Leicester, if he only cares about his bank balance, he won't last long at the so called top of the game. Players should want to achieve something and win things. Granted he thought he would be able to by moving to United. However, this season has proven and will prove that it was the wrong move.
  • It's everyone's fault combined.

The board, the players, the staff, the ex players, the management and coaches. Maybe Ferguson still gets involved in the wrong kind of way.
    Still constantly in everyone's face perhaps?

Why the ex players?

Well from day one, all they do is just constantly slate the team. Go on about how extra rich these players are. Moan about lack of effort, playing style.
    Constantly comparing themselves.

Football has changed. 

The Manchester United of mid 90s-2013 was hugely successful. It is not going to ever directly be repeated. 
    I think the ex players just inadvertently rub salt into the wounds.

Something just clicked, and they couldn't stop winning trophies. The management and the legendary names in the dressing room created a large part of their history.

The ex players can't get over it.

Gary Neville, Scholes, Keane, Rio Ferdinand + others.

They know the game has changed and they know that these players probably don't really play for the badge as much as what they did.

All they do is openly slate them and compare playing style and success.

If a club legend is openly giving you a bollocking....you will hear about it and it will damage your confidence even further.

The ex Manu players should just go to the training ground and tell them to their faces. Show a bit of respect.

All they do is give it "The big I am" on live TV.
  • Sponsored links:

• The board at utd have been getting it wrong since Fergie retired.  Constantly chopping & changing managers on long contracts & giving them hundreds of millions to spend each has got them into a right mess. 

The problems there start at the very top & filter all the way down.  The club is in a bad way & has no idea where to go from here 
  • had my mate stay with me this weekend who's from Manchester and supported them since a kid, including the relegation season in the 70s. He was relaxed about them being more like a normal football team who can't steamroller the opposition and will have more interesting games. Not at all sure it's a majority viewpoint at Old Trafford. Don't think they'll go down but it would be nice for one of the big 6 or Everton to do so just to shake them all up. 

• The board at utd have been getting it wrong since Fergie retired.  Constantly chopping & changing managers on long contracts & giving them hundreds of millions to spend each has got them into a right mess. 

The problems there start at the very top & filter all the way down.  The club is in a bad way & has no idea where to go from here 
    Ed Woodward has to go before Ole does

Bloke appears to be their version of Meire who wants to do everything because he enjoys the work yet needs to delegate and get the right people in to do the relevant roles

Reckon if Moyes / van Gaal / Mourinho / Ole had David Gill as the man in charge then the situation wouldnt be anywhere near as bad as it is
  • Just to carry on from my point about spending etc.

Since Ferguson retired, Liverpool have spent £696.52 million and have brought in £526.41 million. A loss of £170.11 million, averaging a loss of £28.35 million per year.

But in that time, they have won the Champions League, won the European Super Cup, came runner up in the Champions League and Europa League, came runner up in the League Cup, finished 2nd in the league twice, including last season with an incredible 97 points, and now sitting top and 8 points clear.

Shows yes they have spent a lot of money, still over £100 million on average per year, but they've recouped a lot back too. And are miles and miles ahead of United, a club who has spent almost £1 billion, and have practically nothing to show for it.
  • edited October 2019
    jac52 said:
    I look at it this way. Imagine you owned the richest football club in the world where money was no object. If a player became available, would you be interested. Not would you buy them, but would you have a think about it. Then I apply that to the big sides. Both Liverpool and Man City have quite a few you would have a think about in that situation (I won't list them). Arsenal don't have any. Spurs have three, Man Utd have two maybe three. What these three teams have to do is try to get as many as Man City or Liverpool. 

Easier said than done but that is what any manager and owner has to achieve. All three are a long way behind.

Agree with this thinking but bit harsh on Arsenal there, which is to say I'd definitely have a think about Lacazette and Aubamayang
    Good point, although I am thinking money is no object. Both are top, top players, but Aubamayang wouldn't be considered because he is 30 (money is no object) and Lacazette is in a group of players, let's say a pool, just below the one I would want to fish in. We would all have our views. But the principle remains that the top two have significantly more of this type of player and that is why they will be top two at the end of this season too. 
  • United must be looking closely at this this season's Chelsea experiment. Bringing in young, hungry players and giving them time to learn, make mistakes, improve and gel as a unit looks like a better long term strategy than anything they've tried in the post Ferguson era.
  • Rashford has to become more clinical. That would make a big difference. 
  • Selling Lukaku without a replacement was madness really. Cannot see where the goals are going to come from in that side, especially with Rashford struggling up top on his own.
  • edited October 2019
    Rashford has to become more clinical. That would make a big difference. 
    At the moment he needs to show a bit more commitment and guille like getting across the front of a defender when balls are going into the box as Shearer highlighted last night. His attitude is not right IMO you can tell from his body language.
  • He is at a point where he will either make the step up or not. Don't get me wrong, he is a top player but he is young enough to go up a level, but there are aspects of his game that need improving for that to happen.