Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug 2019 | POST-MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Options
    3rd place I’ll take that.
  • Options
    Roland must be crying into his Duvel, hope he chokes on it. Get in there.
  • Options
    My only concern after today is whether the club give us a period to buy at championship prices before the start of next season #RedAreGoingUp
  • Options
    Wow.....wasn't expecting that. Wasn't at the game or didn't follow it on I-player so no idea how wd played, but reading the comments already posted I think I'm right about keeping Morgan & not sending him out on loan. 

Just another 45 points needed. 
  • Options
    Technically, Blackburn where definitely the better team

Phillips, Lockyer, JP, DS absolutely first class, equaliser for Blackburn just unlucky

Gallagher looked good when he came on, comfortable on the ball. 

Better get used to that this season, dig deep and grind out the result.

Well done AM too! 

Considering the situation absolutely outstanding from Bowyers men
    Were they really better technically when it came to defending - apart from scoring Dillon didn't have a lot to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, that result has put a smile on my face. Hopefully it will silence some of the doom mangers. Always better to view things from a glass half full perspective. 
  • Options
    So proud of our team right now. Lee Bowyer spoke at length before the game that hard work and the right attitude gets you 10 points regardless of ability. Well there is 3 of them. I know the Sunderland game was the most important, but for me that is the best victory under Lee Bowyer so far. They all played their hearts out. Anyone thinking about coming on loan to us in this next week can be left in no doubt about the spirit of the group they will be joining.

Stand outs were Pearce, Purrington and Taylor. But in truth they all put a wonderful shift in.

Very proud fan tonight.
  • Options
    One swallow doesn't make a summer, but it does make a pleasant evening :wink:

Great start to the season. The missus is going to get a lovely surprise when she gets home from work.

I'm going to vacuum the stairs, lol. 
    Is that before you tell her you're going down the pub to celebrate and won't be back till late?
  • Options
    Loved it and support carried on from last season. The game? We won and despite the daft added on time controlled last quarter of the game which impressed me most of all. Accept Rovers were poor given the boost of the extra time.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Cullen is on the phone to LB as we speak.

Apparently, he's saying  "Can I come back boss? This is the place for me - great team, great spirit, great management team. Much rather be here on your journey rather than staying at the soulless pit over the river. Can you have a word with Roland and sort it for me. PLEASE"
    Unused sub for West ham today despite them making 9 outfield changes, so you'd expect that most weeks he won't even make the bench.
  • Options
    sm said:
    Go on Arsenal, loan us Nkietah. You know you want to, Bow is building something special.
    Given what they have made on Bielik it would make economic sense. 
    We will get one of their top youngsters on loan. 
    They know what Bowyer can do so it's a win win situation. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I'll be slated for daring to say anything negative about the demi God Sarr but I'm still not convinced. Pearce and Lockyer please Lee.
    Naby Sarr's problem is he's exposed and vulnerable, left side in a 3 at the back.
    And he knows it.

He was doing really well second half of last season at left sided CB in a back 4.
    And that built his self belief to Beckensarr proportions.

But left CB is Pearcey's position - and the Nabster is never going to dislodge the old warhorse after today's showing.

It's going to be a long hard season- we'll need everyone as injuries and suspensions kick in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking love Bowyer. The man is a genius.
    Don't leave Jacko and Gallen out of that mate
    The whole team certainly seems to play with Jacko's spirit.
  • Options
    Bring in a striker to partner Lyle, three midfielders and don’t let anyone go. Add to that Aneke fit again next week. We’ll be fine this season. In Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen we trust
  • Options
    Cullen is on the phone to LB as we speak.

Apparently, he's saying  "Can I come back boss? This is the place for me - great team, great spirit, great management team. Much rather be here on your journey rather than staying at the soulless pit over the river. Can you have a word with Roland and sort it for me. PLEASE"
    I wish!
  • Options
    I love this group of lads. 
    I never predict anything but I always have blind faith no matter what. 

COYA!!!
  • Options
    I’m eating pie what a result top top team effort. Can’t wait for stoke now