Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug 2019 | POST-MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Options
    Hate it when people lob flares forward etc, proper winds me up cause then you've got people involved who want no part in it, if you're gonna do it (you shouldn't) at least do it amongst your mates
  • Options
    Funny old game innit?

I over slept so missed the first 30 mins. Seeing the teamsheet and the, apparently, weak midfield I was surprised we weren’t already behind.

Watched the second half and it was one way traffic. When we conceded such an unlucky goal I was expecting we might lose 3 or 4 - 1 but instead, somehow, we managed to dig out not just a point but a win. 

Immense effort and, watching back the highlights, despite Blackburn’s apparent dominance all but probably one of the best chances fell to us and their goal we scored for them so in many ways it was an excellent away performance. 

Pearce MOTM for me. Gallagher looked good, shame he missed that chance laid on so beautifully by Albi the next big thing Morgan. Taylor there when it mattered again too and showing preseason goals aren’t what matters.  Still really need those signings, but this game shows budget isn’t everything and sheer hard graft can win you points.

Up the Addicks and strap in for the ride everyone. This team won’t be giving up just because the owner is a lunatic, and neither should we fans. 
    Was Forster-Caskey
  • Options
    Was Forster - Caskey what ?
  • Options
    Funny old game innit?

I over slept so missed the first 30 mins. Seeing the teamsheet and the, apparently, weak midfield I was surprised we weren’t already behind.

Watched the second half and it was one way traffic. When we conceded such an unlucky goal I was expecting we might lose 3 or 4 - 1 but instead, somehow, we managed to dig out not just a point but a win. 

Immense effort and, watching back the highlights, despite Blackburn’s apparent dominance all but probably one of the best chances fell to us and their goal we scored for them so in many ways it was an excellent away performance. 

Pearce MOTM for me. Gallagher looked good, shame he missed that chance laid on so beautifully by Albi the next big thing Morgan. Taylor there when it mattered again too and showing preseason goals aren’t what matters.  Still really need those signings, but this game shows budget isn’t everything and sheer hard graft can win you points.

Up the Addicks and strap in for the ride everyone. This team won’t be giving up just because the owner is a lunatic, and neither should we fans. 
    Was Forster-Caskey
    Just rewatched, you’re quite right. 
  • Options
    Was Forster - Caskey what ?
    Was JFC who missed the effort, not Gallagher
  • Options
    I'd say it was a good save anyway.
  • Options
    Sarr + Championship give me the jitters!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sarr + Championship give me the jitters!
    Can't play with nobody outside him. But may learn to. Not sure why Pearce is central of the three.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too scared to say we’ll be involved in a relegation scrap for most of the season.

We’re so fucking good we should walk this league and anyone who thinks otherwise hasn’t a clue . 

Seriously that’s a brilliant win and we are above the scum , what’s not to like !
  • Options
    Real comedy own goal!
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Well, that result has put a smile on my face. Hopefully it will silence some of the doom mangers. Always better to view things from a glass half full perspective. 
    What's a doom manger? An eating place for depressed horses? 🙂
    Doom mongers.  Blame spell-check. Catches me out often.
  • Options
    Hate it when people lob flares forward etc, proper winds me up cause then you've got people involved who want no part in it, if you're gonna do it (you shouldn't) at least do it amongst your mates

If you're going to do it, stick it up your arse
  • Options
    JFC chance for 1-3 at the death (great work from Albie Morgan)

Fantastic run and pass to JFC by Albie , we have to keep him in squad and not send him out on loan!
  • Options
    Where’s the drunk thread? Bowyer is such a moment in our history, exciting times ahead 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Great win !!!
    On the evidence of yesterday's game, we will send a few opposition managers to therapy for bewilderment symptoms. Teams will not fancy playing us.
    COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched on a stream but it became a river.
  • Options
    I suggest if your defense needs an overall you visit a site that supplies workwear.

As far as the game goes, we robbed no one. 
  • Options
    My gob is well and truly smacked. Had a stream on in the bar, but it was so ropey I gave up. Kept jumping forward and backwards like a drunk kangaroo. In the 10 minutes I watched (which took 15) I think we got the ball in their half twice. Brilliant win!    
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    looking through the BBC 'in play stats' y/day, as one does, it was noticeable how many sides, especially away, got a result with less possession than the opposition .. modern football is about 'on the break and score' .. defences are often so well organised and determined, that 'pressure' is absorbed, if not easily, then comfortably. It takes skill and genius on the break or well organised free kick/corner routines to get behind defences to create openings and to score