Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug 2019 | POST-MATCH VIEWS

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Cant help thinking that some of the gloom and doom merchants actually wanted their predictions that we will be wiped out ,embarrassed,lose 6-0,etc. to come true,so that they could continue to justify their obsession with our owner.
    I think that you want that to be true so that you can rant about it.
  • Options

Cant help thinking that some of the gloom and doom merchants actually wanted their predictions that we will be wiped out ,embarrassed,lose 6-0,etc. to come true,so that they could continue to justify their obsession with our owner.Well guys,it didnt happen,and I for one do not think that it will happen.In spit of our dodgy owner,it is obvious to all that we have in place a unique management structure,which has the ability to recruit players who want to play for the club.Forget the highly paid fancy Dans,
    It's almost as if some fans couldn't wait to dig out other fans after one result.

"doom and gloom merchants"  "obsession with our owner".

Just so unnecessary to use the result to slag off other fans.  Why not just enjoy the result without the snide remarks?

and for the record I predicted a 1 - 1 draw before the game and was filmed before kick off saying anything is possible.

• Options
    I can assure you,I was elated by the result,I am not digging out fans,but there was a lot of doom and gloom,which I thought was unjustified as the team had not kicked a ball in anger.Really sorry if my post caused offence,but I still maintain a very small minority would have liked another excuse to continue their tirade against RD(Yes I know we dont really need another excuse),rather than focus on what the team might achieve even under the present constraints.I also thought we would get a draw,and am quite sure we will finish around mid table.
  • Options
    I can assure you,I was elated by the result,I am not digging out fans,but there was a lot of doom and gloom,which I thought was unjustified as the team had not kicked a ball in anger.Really sorry if my post caused offence,but I still maintain a very small minority would have liked another excuse to continue their tirade against RD(Yes I know we dont really need another excuse),rather than focus on what the team might achieve even under the present constraints.I also thought we would get a draw,and am quite sure we will finish around mid table.
    Irrelevant of results the club can't really go forward under the ownership of RD - he has no interest in success. It's nice that we won but we continue to tread water.
  • Options
    I agree progress is going to be difficult under RD,but what do we consider progress,getting up last year,and remaining a championship side this season will ,under very trying circumstances ,will be an acheivement.I still say splashing millions does not always work,I think Blackburn had a 5m player in their team,and I can only speculate what their wage bill is compared to ours.
  • Options
    I agree progress is going to be difficult under RD,but what do we consider progress,getting up last year,and remaining a championship side this season will ,under very trying circumstances ,will be an acheivement.I still say splashing millions does not always work,I think Blackburn had a 5m player in their team,and I can only speculate what their wage bill is compared to ours.
    Progress demands investment - we keep selling players and don't negotiate decent contracts.

You're starting to sound like an apologist for RD.
  • Options
    Cant help thinking that some of the gloom and doom merchants actually wanted their predictions that we will be wiped out ,embarrassed,lose 6-0,etc. to come true,so that they could continue to justify their obsession with our owner.Well guys,it didnt happen,and I for one do not think that it will happen.In spit of our dodgy owner,it is obvious to all that we have in place a unique management structure,which has the ability to recruit players who want to play for the club.Forget the highly paid fancy Dans,
    Did anyone say we would lose 6-0 or are you making that up? 
  • Options

@lancashire lad could include these scores for all games this season? Be interesting to get the 'Neutral Press' score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still think Naby could make a useful central midfield player.
    Don’t think he’s mobile enough. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    My point was,that I honestly thought that there were some people who actually wanted us to get done at Blackburn,i stand corrected if wrong,I do not in any shape or form defend the ownership or the restraints that our management team work under.But I stand by my opinion that Bowyer is quite. capable of assembling a strong squad without the financial help that other managers get.If we were bringing in 5m pound players would we have the same team spirit that we have now.While the odd splash out of a fee would be nice,I take great pride in watching the lads play who have probably been with us since kids and are living their dream(yes I know they could leave if the money is right),but for now this is what Charlton is about.
    I think you’re tying yourself up in knots here mate. 
    Anyway, for the record I predicted a 3-1 defeat, and when the game ended was at my niece’s wedding reception and was so happy I jumped on the stage and played with the soul band on the tambourine. You can’t have Motown without a tambourine! What a great day :-)
  • Options
    "...I’ve just said to the players ‘we’ve done well ...then I'm gonna replace almost half of you..."

reads a bit odd to me
    Yes, more bodies are required for the size, let alone depth of the squad but to warmly applaud the team then season it with there'll be 4 blokes better than you lot coming in has to be injudicious.  The truth of it at this time is secondary, all the players will understand the squad is too thin but they can't appreciate so bluntly being told, 'we'll get some better blokes asap', clumsy.
    Fingers crossed it doesn't backfire.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses to my recent post,obviously I have  offended fellow supporters and apologise for this,but we cannot all be of the same opinion.I still think that when you go back to the Luzon,Peters,Freye days we have shown progress in spite of the ownership.As I type this,my wife is informing me,Dijksteel has agreed terms with Boro ,I have the patience of a saint with this club,but this is pushing it.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Yes offence has been caused, yes your post did look like you were digging fans out and yes if I am doom and gloom merchant then you are now very much sounding like a Roland apologist. 

Sometimes its best to just say, 'I got carried away and messed that post up' rather than try and justify it in ever decreasing circles until you end with the ridiculous 'better the devil you know' cliche. 

100% behind Bowyer and the team, 100% want my beloved Addicks to win every game, 100% want Duchatelet out of club   
    Roland apologists are almost as bad as Roland. Every Charlton fan was delighted at the result, don't talk crap, and the fact they are being critical of the owner and trying to get him out is that they can see the bigger picture. Say Bowyer keeps us up, which is possible with his abilities though incredibly difficult, we lose him in January or the end of the season and who is going to mitigate the disaster that is Roland then? 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses to my recent post,obviously I have  offended fellow supporters and apologise for this,but we cannot all be of the same opinion.I still think that when you go back to the Luzon,Peters,Freye days we have shown progress in spite of the ownership.As I type this,my wife is informing me,Dijksteel has agreed terms with Boro ,I have the patience of a saint with this club,but this is pushing it.
    Bottom line, under RD, we have not progressed. 

• Options
    RD will eventually destroy the club and he will get a lot of pleasure from pissing off the fanbase.

If he genuinely wanted to sell he would have done so by now. We've been lucky with JJ and LB but once they go we're back in decline mode.

Our jey players won't get decent contracts and will inevitably be sold for knockdown fees.
  • Options
    I have thought for a long time this is not all about money.RD has all the money and the luxuries he will ever need,losing money on Charlton does not dent his bank balance.He gets his pleasure from power,he dislikes Charlton fans because they have had the audacity to stand up to him home and away,and have proved his policy of how to run clubs is wrong.Unfortunately for him,we have put together a management team that has defied the odds and got promoted and hopefully will do well this season.he will therefore continue to everything he can to piss us off.We will have to,under his reign rely on loans,and frees,surviving on the barest budget imaginable.There is one thing we can do,fill the Valley,get behind the team ,and show him that nothing he can do will destroy the fan base of the club.Just seen Brentford after Taylor,please no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have thought for a long time this is not all about money.RD has all the money and the luxuries he will ever need,losing money on Charlton does not dent his bank balance.He gets his pleasure from power,he dislikes Charlton fans because they have had the audacity to stand up to him home and away,and have proved his policy of how to run clubs is wrong.Unfortunately for him,we have put together a management team that has defied the odds and got promoted and hopefully will do well this season.he will therefore continue to everything he can to piss us off.We will have to,under his reign rely on loans,and frees,surviving on the barest budget imaginable.There is one thing we can do,fill the Valley,get behind the team ,and show him that nothing he can do will destroy the fan base of the club.Just seen Brentford after Taylor,please no.
    A full or empty Valley will have no impact on RD. Nothing will change until he sells and he will get pleasure from vindictiveness.

He doesn't care if we are relegated this season - he will take great pleasure in sabotaging the squad.

The club has no future under him.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I think it is about money. The old fool has worked out that he is not getting his money back from somebody buying the club so he is trying to recoup as much as he can by selling playing assets. When he has maxed out on that, he will sell the club at a cheaper price. He needs his yellow teeth kicking out. Apologise, but I am not going to pretend he doesn't.
  • Options
    I think it is about money. The old fool has worked out that he is not getting his money back from somebody buying the club so he is trying to recoup as much as he can by selling playing assets. When he has maxed out on that, he will sell the club at a cheaper price. He needs his yellow teeth kicking out. Apologise, but I am not going to pretend he doesn't.
    The money argument no longer works for me otherwise he wouldn't run the club in such a lunatic manner.