Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton | Sat 03 Aug 2019 | POST-MATCH VIEWS

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Nice fair barge there from Lyle. The defender and goalie expected a no-physical contact corner!
    Gets himself that extra yard of space any which way he can...
  • Options
    I get the impression that everyone expects to beat us this season and will be very p***ed off if they don't. Might work in our favour.
    Ala the Black Cats. We aren't always pretty but we are effective. Bowyer puts a team out to scrap to the last minute. Whatever the result, it's rare to say they didn't look up for it, unlike under some previous managers. I think Bowyer gets the best out of ordinary players ( no disrespect intended if our squad are reading). Similar to Curbs, he gets the club and it's fans and imposes this on the entire squad. A special manager as others point out. He will go on to bigger jobs, let's hope not just yet.
  • Options
    MartinCAFC said: Expected nothing and got a proper Charlton away performance and result.
    To me a proper Charlton away performance is a drab defeat , you kids have been spoilt !!! 
    My daughter's opening season was Powell's wonder year. She saw 12 wins and a draw from 13 away games and thought we were world beaters. There have been so dull and sad times since but last season finishing off at Wembley was so special. She's 18 next week and Charlton is in her blood. Getting the kids in now might just lead to a lifelong love affair. Let's hope RD goes soon so the stay-aways can come back. 
  • Options
    In response to some of the remarks in the Sarr debate,I thought for long stretches yesterday our defence had more time on the ball then in many league one games. The difference was that the midfield were less able to make space to pick up balls coming out of defence and that Sarr is much more confident having options for passing either side of him.
  • Options
    Still think Naby could make a useful central midfield player.
  • Options
    No chance. He needs so much time to make a simple decision there’s no way he’d cut it in midfield 
  • Options
    Not at all. One of those players that only works with the game in front of him.
  • Options

Championship debut and 3 points.. I’ve had worse Saturdays thanks to the travelling fans the noise throughout was unreal @ Ewood Park https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tqYHLl7Hl/?igshid=si46gwcbs3wc …

• Options
    Replying to @CAFCofficial

What A Win Unreal Support From Travelling Fans !! Safe Journey Home

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A massive thank you to the 1,077 travelling Addicks for your support today. Brilliant as ever, from first to final whistle #cafc

• Options

Scoring on your Champ debut... I never thought I’d say that. The boys covered some serious yards today !!! Fans were brilliant, thank you for the support! Get home safe everyone #LT9 #Addicks

• Options
    UPDATE! @Dillon_Phillips still loves three points... three points is still his favourite. #cafc

• Options
    edited August 2019
    This is for Arsenetatters who does not have Sky

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/995202353?-11197:833
  • Options
    Forgot to mention in my earlier post......our support was top drawer, well done to all of you up there in the gods!
  • Options
    Have stoke sold out there away end for next week?
  • Options
    It feels good to wake up the day after a win.
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    It feels good to wake up the day after a win.
    It always feels good to wake up. Considering the alternative, that is.
    Good morning, AMERICA!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    boogica said:
    clb74 said:
    Fuck the result , just hope the little lad who had his ears blown off by our fans is alright 

clb74 said:
    Fuck the result , just hope the little lad who had his ears blown off by our fans is alright 
    Cheers for that my son is fine he was a little shaken and his hearing was not that clever for a while , stupid thing to do , some get over excited , fuming at the time calmed down now just hope the person who threw it has a good think about wot he did spoilt a great day 
    I doubt hé is even able to think. Did you sée who did it?

• Options
    Cant help thinking that some of the gloom and doom merchants actually wanted their predictions that we will be wiped out ,embarrassed,lose 6-0,etc. to come true,so that they could continue to justify their obsession with our owner.Well guys,it didnt happen,and I for one do not think that it will happen.In spit of our dodgy owner,it is obvious to all that we have in place a unique management structure,which has the ability to recruit players who want to play for the club.Forget the highly paid fancy Dans,
  • Options
    Pressed the wrong button hadnt finished,meant to continue,forget the highly paid fancy Dans,we dont want you,if you are a young player with talent who wants to improve and play for us,welcome,if you are getting on a a bit (Pratley) we need your experience.I look forward to Stoke on saturday,hopefully 20000 crowd,that is what this club is all about,not a faraway,uninterested owner.
  • Options
    Humble pie time for me. I thought we’d get a pasting. Looks like LB has started where he left off in terms of engendering a team spirit. Great start. Let’s give it a few games before we draw too many conclusions as the squad is still light and I suspect Blackburn will be nearer the bottom than the top when things play out. We also need to see where we are on comings and, possibly more importantly, goings this week and next. But we have a cause for optimism that I didn’t see coming. Bring on stoke. 
  • Options
    My point was,that I honestly thought that there were some people who actually wanted us to get done at Blackburn,i stand corrected if wrong,I do not in any shape or form defend the ownership or the restraints that our management team work under.But I stand by my opinion that Bowyer is quite. capable of assembling a strong squad without the financial help that other managers get.If we were bringing in 5m pound players would we have the same team spirit that we have now.While the odd splash out of a fee would be nice,I take great pride in watching the lads play who have probably been with us since kids and are living their dream(yes I know they could leave if the money is right),but for now this is what Charlton is about.
  • Options
    My point was,that I honestly thought that there were some people who actually wanted us to get done at Blackburn,i stand corrected if wrong,I do not in any shape or form defend the ownership or the restraints that our management team work under.But I stand by my opinion that Bowyer is quite. capable of assembling a strong squad without the financial help that other managers get.If we were bringing in 5m pound players would we have the same team spirit that we have now.While the odd splash out of a fee would be nice,I take great pride in watching the lads play who have probably been with us since kids and are living their dream(yes I know they could leave if the money is right),but for now this is what Charlton is about.
    We have a terrible owner who doesn't care about results and won't invest in the club - LB would do a better job with more resources.

If any of our players do well they'll be sold and contracts will continue to be a farce.

There is no real future with RD in charge as he has no interest in football.