Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatalet Blocks Striker Transfer

Comments

• Options
    By releasing this Bowyer is now given a free ticket to leave and possibly take over a prem or championship club when they come calling which they will
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    ct_addick said:
    By releasing this Bowyer is now given a free ticket to leave and possibly take over a prem or championship club when they come calling which they will
    I'm not convinced that they will. Actually, no chance on Prem, Championship, possibly, but I would say it's no guarantee. 

If he wants to take that risk, I can't say I blame him. And I'm sure he has an agent with their ear to the ground on this stuff. But I do still think a League One team in fourth is most likely the best he'll get right now. 

This is obviously massively frustrating news. But I still believe it's in Bowyer's best interest at the moment to see the season out with us. If we get promoted his stock will go up, if we don't I think he can point to the selling of Karlan as the reason why. 
  • Options
    If only we had someone on the board, someone who claims to be quite influential with RD, someone who would know we are short of another striker. Even described as a 'super guy' by RD himself.

If only that link between RD and the fans could persuade RD another striker is needed...if only he had a spine.

We're at a crossroads like we've never seen before under RD. Genuinely believe next season if we don't go up we're in for a scrap to avoid the drop to League Two.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
     If he was going to sanction a loan move for Eisa/Oztumer? 

The likelihood is that he wasn't
  • Options
    RD saying a sale is only objective appears rubbish. He is only intent on ruining the club. He must be an evil vindictive person. He appears to not be worried about the financial loss.
    i am not sure a 100% boycott would work. There appears no answer.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ct_addick said:
    I'm not convinced that they will. Actually, no chance on Prem, Championship, possibly, but I would say it's no guarantee. 

If he wants to take that risk, I can't say I blame him. And I'm sure he has an agent with their ear to the ground on this stuff. But I do still think a League One team in fourth is most likely the best he'll get right now. 

This is obviously massively frustrating news. But I still believe it's in Bowyer's best interest at the moment to see the season out with us. If we get promoted his stock will go up, if we don't I think he can point to the selling of Karlan as the reason why. 
    He wouldn't be wrong
  • Options
    Well done Roland.

Your decision to once again hinder our promotion hopes will no doubt be enhanced when Igor gets injured again before the end of the month.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Which probably mean Johnnie taking charge.
  • Options
    He pretty much said that in his post match presser on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:
    Surely nobody who posts on this forum can be surprised enough to be disappointed by this. Roland was never going to sanction the acquisition of another striker. Roland knows what he is doing and he is not deluded. The people who post on here saying that the ownership is an irrelevance are the deluded ones.

Disappointed YES
    Suprised NO
  • Options
    I have thought over the last few days "is it worth it going up??"
    Even if we did then we woiul come straight back down. There would be 0 investment on players and we will have 16/17yr olds playing in 1st time  this feels worse then when we nearly went out of busoness. 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Even if we did then we woiul come straight back down. There would be 0 investment on players and we will have 16/17yr olds playing in 1st time  this feels worse then when we nearly went out of busoness. 
    Only way we will get sold IMHO
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Only way we will get sold IMHO
    He will demand even more money and ad ons. 

• Options
    Duchatelet’s ‘plan’ is probably to further trim the club to skeletal proportions and sit on his arse, hoping for some idiot or consortium of idiots to double or more than double what he paid for the club 5 years ago. Given that the club has been fully exposed to the market for nearly 18 months, that looks extremely unlikely.

In addition to his apparent fixation on the non-realisable real estate value of The Valley and Sparrow’s Lane, he is probably also hoping that some sell-on fees materialise for players like Lookman, Konsa and Pope (Gomez isn’t going anywhere) in order to mitigate his annual losses. By the summer, the only valuable asset left to sell will be Lyle Taylor. In addition to dwindling support and very small TV money/solidarity payments, factors like the level of business rates on The Valley guarantee that multi-million pound losses are guaranteed for Charlton in the lower divisions.

Even if we managed promotion via the play-offs, it’s inconceivable that he would be prepared to provide the funds to make us competitive in the Championship. He doesn’t, in any event, want to play in that arena, so what on earth is he playing at ?

I doubt that he knows himself but, as others have suggested, I suspect he is motivated by a combination of ego and stubbornness (with a pinch of spite), which are often common drivers for sociopaths.
  • Options
    As I have said before,he does not care about the money,he resents the intrusions into his private life,and will do everything he can to antagonise supporters.regrettably he is doing just that,and we are powerless to do anything about it.
  • Options
    Too depressing to read all (current) 5 pages, but as one earlier poster said, thus needs to be brought up at the fans forum.

It's quite simple. LDT is RD's man to sell the club & he won't get anywhere near the price he wants if the best players are sold without being replaced & won't get sold at all it we are in this league for too much longer. LDT just needs to tell the gormless twunk that. Sell now & walk away. 

Not looking forward to the next few months if Taylir gets injured & is out for the rest of the season. Igor will break down again & Recco won't cut the mustard.

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    ct_addick said:

Might be wrong, but I doubt that Bowyer has an agent. 
  • Options
    As I have said before,he does not care about the money,he resents the intrusions into his private life,and will do everything he can to antagonise supporters.regrettably he is doing just that,and we are powerless to do anything about it.
    I’m sure he does resent the intrusions, but he started it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i got a feeling that once Pearce is back we might stick Naby up front. according to Pearce, Naby is our best striker of the ball at the club. 
  • Options
    Do we know if he has said no to any more striker signings or no to Mason because he wants a contract longer than the end of the season?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    ct_addick said:

Karlan leaving and not being anywhere near replaced has hugely hit us now, and could well be the difference between promotion and not.

However, believe me @SDAddick Bowyer is being kept a close eye on by many different clubs, they’ll have recognised the job he has done in such difficult circumstances, the role he has played in improving our current players, he would get a Championship club if we don’t go up this season. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The fact Bowyer has said what he has shows he is angry.
    Bowyer never used to hrg rattled easily 
    He could have said, we have decided to keep what we have rather than refer directly to Roland. He knows what we think of Roland. He is definitely peed off.
  • Options
    This suggests to me that the takeover is not going to happen soon as the opportunity is being taken to amend Bowyers budget. In other words a chance to limit the losses further. Sadly until someone else comes in nothing to stop this behaviour as he has no incentive to gamble on a promotion push it seems. 
  • Options
    Unique very very unique
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Duchatelet is a tight fisted minge? Tell me something I don’t know.
  • Options
    Restraining myself from swearing during this old gutterfungus’ tenure is a true challenge.