Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 2/2/19 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Under RD we could do a Shrewsbury make the play off final (and lose), half the players go the manager leaves and you end up sitting 2nd bottom of the league with 16 games to go.
  • Options
    We will make the play-offs, our form over the past 15 games has seen to that.

We need to maintain a decent run and perform well enough to give us a fighting chance in the play-offs. Once in the play-offs anything can happen.

The question then is, will the owner dig his heels in even more if we got promoted?
  • Options

I think we all should start to lower our expectations a tad. The last few games have been a reality check, we are also runs in this league and will be continue to be so all the time we have this state of flux at our club.
    The past week we have been unable to keep hold of our young striker,(I cannot blame him at all for going), replaced him with a player not good enough for another team in our league and add to that we have a squad full of soon to be out of contract players.
    LB has done well to keep us where we are but yesterday’s performance was not much of a surprise for me and probably most. It looks like we are treading water rather than taking part in a competition.

Wow so negative. One defeat and the seasons over.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Under RD we could do a Shrewsbury make the play off final (and lose), half the players go the manager leaves and you end up sitting 2nd bottom of the league with 16 games to go.

I am by nature an optimist .. BUT .. this scenario is all too possible .. so many of our players are out of contract at season's end .. we simply MUST get prompted or come VERY close this year ..
    cup half full ? … Taylor will be back soon as will Bauer after yet another sending off for our players .. Parker might well come good and .. WE ARE STILL IN A PLAY OFF SPOT with all to play for .. no time for panic or too much despondency just yet people
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

I am by nature an optimist .. BUT .. this scenario is all too possible .. so many of our players are out of contract at season's end .. we simply MUST get prompted or come VERY close this year ..
    cup half full ? … Taylor will be back soon as will Bauer after yet another sending off for our players .. Parker might well come good and .. WE ARE STILL IN A PLAY OFF SPOT with all to play for .. no time for panic or too much despondency just yet people
    Highly possible.

I'm pretty sure most of us are aware that if we a) do not get promotion this season or b) do not get taken over by the summer, then next season will be an absolute disaster for us.
  • Options

Golfies comments re Karlan make him look a right bitter knob end.

I mean seriously why would anyone turn down a big offer like that to stay at our basket case .
    Gotta make hay while the sun shines

I say again he's 21. He has 15 years to "make hay". And if being a basket case of a club is a reason for leaving, why did Williams leave Palace to join us.

Yes I agree I am a knob. But I stand by my comments. Better a knob than a greedy bastard.
    It was a (potentially)once in a lifetime oppotunity for him to hit the jackpot financially.

He cannot be blamed for what he has done, the chance may never have come again.

I fail to see what you do not understand with his reasons for going.

And for context.....his income, even with us, would have been around 4 x the national average. So....at age 21 I think he has already "hit the jackpot".
    *note to self. If you win the euro millions then don't ask golfie for financial advice. He will probably just think I've got too much and will give shit advice so I lose most of it.
  • Options
    Last week was no doubt the worst week of the season. Most people on this forum predicted we would be mid table but we are up there. Lyle is back soon, Igor is a very capable striker. Let’s not give up just yet.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I mean seriously why would anyone turn down a big offer like that to stay at our basket case .

I say again he's 21. He has 15 years to "make hay". And if being a basket case of a club is a reason for leaving, why did Williams leave Palace to join us.

Yes I agree I am a knob. But I stand by my comments. Better a knob than a greedy bastard.
    It was a (potentially)once in a lifetime oppotunity for him to hit the jackpot financially.

And for context.....his income, even with us, would have been around 4 x the national average. So....at age 21 I think he has already "hit the jackpot".
    *note to self. If you win the euro millions then don't ask golfie for financial advice. He will probably just think I've got too much and will give shit advice so I lose most of it.
    Have a guess what Golfie does for a living.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it means playing Cullen and Bielik in midfield against Southend, I'd rather we didn't appeal it.
  • Options

Baeur should appeal the red card. He fell over and had to use his hands to prevent serious injury. Its not his fault if a Fleetwood player was in his way to break his fall.

From a certain angle it looks like a Fleetwood player pushed hin over.

You can't appeal a yellow card and he was sent off for two so he has no chance.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Prime Minister??
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Lion tamer?

Comedian?

Male gigolo?
    Financial Adviser.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Valley11 said:

So in summing up; do we believe RD fed Jimbo White a takeover line before the transfer window so we’d be placated through it, knowing full well he was going to flog our top scorer and not give Bowyer any of the proceeds to strengthen the team?
    Or is that just conspiracy theory overload?

No, because he didn’t feed Jim White the info.
  • Options
    Just seen Bowyers post match interview. So it was the Bolton striker we failed to sign on deadline day as that is where Evans was going to go to.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

And of Grant ever gets to read this I hope you're happy with a 20 min run out & the chance to shake David Luiz's hand you money grabbing bastard.

Golfie, let's just pretend here for a minute that you had a job where people came to you for your advice and professional opinion on their affairs - I dunno, let's say you were something like an independent financial advisor.

Your client asks you if they should stick with their current investment portfolio, which has steadily decreased in value over the years. They have been promised and guaranteed greater returns, but then those promises were broken.

In the meantime there is this alternative investment which as well as guaranteeing, absolutely guaranteeing, instant returns would also give you a chip in a much bigger game from where you may be able to access super-returns.

I know this might be difficult if these concepts are completely alien to you, but if you were the investor or the advisor in that situation then what do you think you'd do?

This sounds like a pension cold calling scam that will result in a compensation claim with the FSCS
  • Options
    Fleetwood beating us is a bit like when we beat Arsenal in our Premier League days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fleetwood beating us is a bit like when we beat Arsenal in our Premier League days.

It's not. Nowhere near.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Lion tamer?

Comedian?

Male gigolo?
    Financial Adviser.
    I believe this may be my first use of the word:

Whooosh

On here.
    It would appear off-it is too subtle for me?!
  • Options

Just seen Bowyers post match interview. So it was the Bolton striker we failed to sign on deadline day as that is where Evans was going to go to.

Which striker was it?
  • Options

That was a real lame performance , summed up by Purringtons pathetic chipped cross straight in to the keepers arms at the end when a drilled low and hard cross was what was required .

Vetokele (please no one spell it Ventokele ) looked quite lively when he came on .

Philips done well apart from one horrendous mix up that led to a good chance being missed by Evans who looked a class above .

I dread to think of the difference in wage bills of our final 11 (before the BFG was sent off) on the pitch and fleetwoods .

it's a shit league so play offs should still be made but i'm not asconvinced about promotion as i was a month ago .

millwall 5 points from relegation and safe
    palace 7 points from relegation and safe

what a time to be a Charlton fan

Mate, you are genuinely mental if you think we are anywhere near safe. Very few of us do! It’s going to go to the wire I assure you. We couldn’t beat Rotherham at home ffs! I personally think we’ll do it, but it will be very tight and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we went down.

(Sorry to jump on a non Millwall related thread, just wanted to assure my old nemesis Oohahh that we are far from safe. As you were)

Any trouble with Rotherham yesterday?

Wouldn’t know mate, I only go to the big games, premier league teams in the cup, play off finals, games v Charlton, that’s about it.
  • Options
    Moo said:

I think we all should start to lower our expectations a tad. The last few games have been a reality check, we are also runs in this league and will be continue to be so all the time we have this state of flux at our club.
    The past week we have been unable to keep hold of our young striker,(I cannot blame him at all for going), replaced him with a player not good enough for another team in our league and add to that we have a squad full of soon to be out of contract players.
    LB has done well to keep us where we are but yesterday’s performance was not much of a surprise for me and probably most. It looks like we are treading water rather than taking part in a competition.

Wow so negative. One defeat and the seasons over.
    It’s not just about one defeat though.
    I want better for my team, I don’t enjoy where we are , the football is dire at this level with no prospect of getting better under the present setup. The only thing we have to cling to is hope and your cheerfulness and I’m too long a supporter to believe in either.
  • Options

Which striker was it?
    I assume Oztumer as he was linked with us last week.
  • Options

Wasn't there so can't comment on the match itself.

However, I did predict a loss on the preview thread saying with no strikers we'll score no goals. Hackett Fairchild will never make it in league football & our midfield is so powder puff without Aribo we could play until next week and not score. 1 shot on target in 100 mins of play is appalling. Looking at the table I'd say it's 6 out of 7 (at a push 8 if you include Blackpool) so even with this non scoring team we should have a good shout at the play-offs. Autos between Luton, Sunderland & Barnsley.

And Pratley will be CH next week not Beliek.

And of Grant ever gets to read this I hope you're happy with a 20 min run out & the chance to shake David Luiz's hand you money grabbing bastard.

I'm assuming your comment about Grant has to be a joke?