Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 2/2/19 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I was not at the game but it is obvious from comments by people who were that were disjointed and too easily nullified.It is what it is,our transfer window was as usual uninspiring and we are a weaker team than we were two weeks ago.Bowyer has now got to find a system that is effective without Grant,this is a situation that has been thrust upon him totally out of the blue.(prior to the initial reports about Rangers being interested I dont think I was alone in not even considering he would be gone in the blink of an eye).I can only say,the players are not responsible for this situation and we should get behind the team even more against Blackpool.
  • Options
    Lovely beer in Strawberry Gardens, quite disinterested in game as we were never under threat nor threatening apart from double chance in front of us first half. Then we made a mistake born out of sloppy predictable pissing about at the back. Object of the away support’s ‘wit’ scored. My mind went back to Ralph Milne. Nothing else happened.
  • Options
    Correction meant to say Southend next week
  • Options
    Rob said:

That was awful. Worst performance of the season. The ridiculous mid season transfer window has done us. That and Taylor's red card. Back to the drawing board for Bowyer. I'm not sure where we go from here.

The pitch was bad and also seemed small (was it?). Everything seemed so cramped out there. We couldn't find any space to move. The worst performance of the season by a long chalk. Call it Robinson-isque. I feel for the fans who went all the way up there.

It seemed the transfer window had just deflated a few people. We had no spark today.

The reality is, with our tosspot owner about, things will never change.

A very depressing day at the office!

Said this the other day. I’m sure the players would have been deflated by losing our top scorer and not adequately replacing him. It’s a kick in the balls. Add to that with most either on loan or out of contract in the summer they are already looking to their next employers. Can see things falling apart I’m afraid.

• Options
    edited February 2019

Said this the other day. I’m sure the players would have been deflated by losing our top scorer and not adequately replacing him. It’s a kick in the balls. Add to that with most either on loan or out of contract in the summer they are already looking to their next employers. Can see things falling apart I’m afraid.

This. But I guess this is where Lee needs to try and motivate them all.
  • Options

And himself. It has to be tough to have got us where we are with the current circumstance only for the carpet you thought was nailed down is pulled from under you again!
  • Options
    Disjointed, no shape, that is all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking on the bright side we won't finish in the bottom 4 with 54 points.

Beyond that I'm struggling.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Looking on the bright side we won't finish in the bottom 4 with 54 points.

Beyond that I'm struggling.

1 bad performance, see how it is end feb
  • Options
    Pwr, pukka khazi, so warm, we huffed and puffed, never looked like scoring, unlike Ched Evans - abuse he took got on my nerves
  • Options
    Yeah good luck Karlan and all that but don’t expect me to thank you cos this is what happens. I’m still angry.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

And himself. It has to be tough to have got us where we are with the current circumstance only for the carpet you thought was nailed down is pulled from under you again!

Definitely this. I think it’s easy to forget that Bowyer is also learning every week and a lot of what has happened this season will be the first time he has experienced it as a manager.

Kap10 said:

Definitely this. I think it’s easy to forget that Bowyer is also learning every week and a lot of what has happened this season will be the first time he has experienced it as a manager.

First time? Like Duchatelet is normal, something every young manager has to experience?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    To be fair I think the spivs treated Powell worse from 2012 onwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Before the game I was hoping Donny would get a win so we could look upwards. Luckily my hopes weren't realised.
  • Options
    We are at home next week and need to set up more offensively.

Bilieck, Cullen, and Lapslie are all defensively minded and I think that this unbalanced. This maybe partly resolved if Bilieck plays centre half next week.

We only need one at the defensive point. Reeves is actually quite good at tracking back on the left. Lapslie\Marshall right, and Williams at the point.

The two up front is more difficult. Vetokele and Parker for me at the moment because of their experience. Plan B when they tier?, no bloody idea. Fosu and Reeco? Not great if we are chasing. But only one match to go before we get Taylor back.

I know this will be unpopular with the Fosu fans, and I do understand where they are coming from, but I believe that coming on later in the game suits him because it is usually about one thing. Make it happen up front.

I am hoping we will get an out of contract player in. There are a couple of African strikers out of contract, but best left to Gally.
  • Options
    Agree with all of the above @BR3red, depressing stuff
  • Options
    No sure which thread to ask this on, but has Lee Bowyer spent any money at all on transfers since he took over, or have they all been loans and frees?
  • Options
    As an aside, the first anti Roland songs I’ve heard in a long time
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

No sure which thread to ask this on, but has Lee Bowyer spent any money at all on transfers since he took over, or have they all been loans and frees?

No transfer fees.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Don't believe so, although what was the last player we did pay something for? If RD still owns come July it'll be a team of free transfers.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Lord Bowyer's only had two transfer windows to play with, Summer 2018 and January 2019.

Frees:
    Lyle Taylor
    Darren Pratley
    Jonny Williams

Loans:
    Jed Steer *
    Krystian Bielik
    Josh Cullen
    Jamie Ward *
    Chris Maxwell
    Ben Purrington

Undisclosed: **
    Josh Parker

* Since returned to parent club
    ** Undisclosed ... but probably free

Officially no transfer fees paid (but wo knows what the signing on fees, loan fees, and wages are like).