Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 2/2/19 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Probably best you don't go if you are going to pass on your germs to Lyle :wink:
  • Options

Hard too to avoid the conclusion that the side look demoralised and there only looks like more bad news to come....

@Cardinal Sin more bad news? Are you talking about more lost games coming up or something different?
    More losses.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Horrible viewing yesterday, but I had to laugh at this:

Its not like they practice it in training. A few weeks ago at home he skyed it over the bar.
  • Options
    Btw....I'm.going to bow out gracefully (Or not) from this thread.

Yes I am a financial adviser (great whoosh there) & I obviously give shit advice.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    It is possible Vetokele will be decent when fit, but we do have evidence to suggest not to expect too much. We can get lucky though and we need Fosu. Give him three games to stake his place Bowyer! It is a no brainer. If we can get something resembling a striker out of Igor and Fosu back to where he was, we will be stronger than where we were, even before we lost Grant. I don't want to be hard on RHF but he has a lot of learning to do and this is not the time we can accomodate that!

But it is very much fingers crossed on our part when it needn't have been.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, do we know the identity of the striker Bowyer was keen to borrow, but blocked at the last? Oztumer has been mentioned, though he's more a midfielder. Was he Mo Eisa?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Ben18 said:

Just after Reeves had his air shot ..... watch the defender bodycheck Reeves in the penalty area with the ball not in playing distance of either player.

It was probably intended to be a shoulder charge but the ball wasn't in playing distance of either player. Incredibly Reeves stayed on his feet but the defender played the man.

Anywhere on the pitch, that's a foul.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Ben18 said:

Just after Reeves had his air shot ..... watch the defender bodycheck Reeves in the penalty area with the ball not in playing distance of either player.

It was probably intended to be a shoulder charge but the ball wasn't in playing distance of either player. Incredibly Reeves stayed on his feet but the defender played the man.

Looks more like the other way around...

Reeves to me throws his arm out to stop that player from joining a counter attack
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Ben18 said:

Reeves to me throws his arm out to stop that player from joining a counter attack
    Ref agreed with you FA and gave a free kick to them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually, having looked at again .... you guys are correct; I can now see Reeves raise his arm.

C is for Carrie.

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Ben18 said:

Agreed, not sure what Oggy is looking at, as Reeves shoves him over.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The good news is this is all a bad dream. I have just watched Gemma Collins get voted through on Dancing on Ice despite just standing up like one of those plastic penguins you find on ice rinks for toddlers, which proves this all can't be real!!!

Won't be watching that show again if it isn't a dream!
  • Options
    Sorry @MuttleyCAFC

Just flagged you

It’s all over with flagging ( is that a word??) so I might be a collectors piece in the Museum for the last flag
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    That's ok, I have enough flags for another one not to make any difference. Would be nice to get the last one but if Henry is online I doubt I will!
  • Options
    Haha. Just looked you up - 21 !!

Bet you are glad they have been abolished.

Who has the record amount of flags??
  • Options
    They don't hurt - watching the match yesterday hurt!
  • Options
    edited February 2019

When you see it coming, it always makes you angrier. To be fair, I am mostly angry with Roland for obvious reasons but a bit with Bowyer. We were told we had five or six options so don't leave it to the last day, take the option that you can with a day of the window to go. Might not be perfect, but better than missing out! Also, when you look at the goal to game ratios of the players on the pitch, try to improve that. I know it isn't easy or perfect, but Fosu should have been on 5 minutes before the goal at least.

BTW - If Hacket Fairchild is the answer, you are asking the wrong question. Positives. I thought Parker didn't look too bad. nothing special but went in the right direction. Whilst clearly not fully fit, Vetokele looked trim. We need to get him to full fitness quickly and maybe something can be salvaged. Please Bowyer - play Fosu. We have too many blank firers and he is somebody who can potentially score goals.

Get Aribo and Fosu in the side and pick your defensive midfielders around them reasonably quickly and it isn't all over!

This last sentence is 100% spot on regarding our midfield. I'dd add williams to that and put cullen back in as holding mid and maybe rotate with belik for way games - get vetokole up to speed with taylor up top with marshall and parker providing impact pace as subs. Bowyer has done very well and he must have his reasons but for me, fosu has to be played and played - he was our best player by a country mile last year and was amazed we didn't lose him in the summer. Use him whilst we still have him, he will come good again.
  • Options
    He doesn’t seem to rate Fosu or Marshall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First half I don't think we were THAT bad. But second half admittedly we way below the perfomance level we can do. But it's how you respond to moments like that.
  • Options

Out of curiosity, do we know the identity of the striker Bowyer was keen to borrow, but blocked at the last? Oztumer has been mentioned, though he's more a midfielder. Was he Mo Eisa?

Well according to Bowyer us getting a striker in was down to Evans moving to Club A then Club A allowing a striker to come to us. As Evans was strongly linked with Bolton on deadline day I assume it was Oztumer. Also a quick google search confirms Bolton were close to signing him.

Regarding Fosu didnt management have a problem with the injuries he was picking up and his attitude to warming up.
    I think they even went to the lengths of filming his warm up at one of the away games last season.
  • Options
    Bad day at the office. We all have them. On to the next game.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Bad day at the office. We all have them. On to the next game.

Since Bowyer took over we have usually got an instant reaction after a terrible performance. Fully expect us to get back to winning ways next week.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    But we usually had one or two players who knew where the goal is in the side. If Bowyer has a problem with Fosu, he has to park it before Saturday.
  • Options

Well according to Bowyer us getting a striker in was down to Evans moving to Club A then Club A allowing a striker to come to us. As Evans was strongly linked with Bolton on deadline day I assume it was Oztumer. Also a quick google search confirms Bolton were close to signing him.

Regarding Fosu didnt management have a problem with the injuries he was picking up and his attitude to warming up.
    I think they even went to the lengths of filming his warm up at one of the away games last season.
    Just spoken to a Bolton fan at my office. We were after Oztumer as Ched Evans was going to Bolton. All the paperwork had been signed including by Evans but Fleetwood in the end wouldn't sign, something to do with a 24 hour release clause, so Barton didnt agree to it, so make of that what you will.
  • Options

Just spoken to a Bolton fan at my office. We were after Oztumer as Ched Evans was going to Bolton. All the paperwork had been signed including by Evans but Fleetwood in the end wouldn't sign, something to do with a 24 hour release clause, so Barton didnt agree to it, so make of that what you will.
    I don’t think you can have 24-hour release clauses in loans. Perhaps that was the issue.
  • Options
    Doesnt surprise me in a way as I looked into Bristol City's news to see if they had missed out on a Striker (i.e. they were heavily linked with Assombalonga) but there was nothing about them being unhappy in that regard so guess they just didnt want to part with Eisa

Probably a good thing in the end as dont think Oztumer would have made any improvement to Saturday