Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 2/2/19 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Solly - 1 / Reeves - 2 / Bielik - 2

There the only starting goalscorers I can think of off the top of my head although I assume that Bauer has a goal or two yet cant think what games
  • Options
    Real sickener, it had to be the ''not guilty'' rapist scoring
    the winning goal! Without Taylor we seem toothless in front of goal!
  • Options

Solly - 1 / Reeves - 2 / Bielik - 2

There the only starting goalscorers I can think of off the top of my head although I assume that Bauer has a goal or two yet cant think what games

Sarr has scored - doesn't make things look any better though.
  • Options
    Dot on the card we’d lose that, no Taylor, no Grant & an untried youngster upfront against no-nonsense L1 Centre Backs.

Thanks Roland
  • Options
    Whilst we are still under this negative regime and selling players to reduce his losses we are doomed. Only a takeover will return positivity back into the club, team and fans. Until that happens we just have to grin and bear it. Hopefully we can just stick around the play offs and cross our fingers.
  • Options
    Very disappointing, but with Grant gone and Taylor unavailable not that surprising. Any chance of an auto place has surely gone now, it looks like a fight between Luton, Barnsley & Sunderland. At least Pompey are struggling, and Posh & Donny aren't pulling up any trees, so the Play-Offs are still very much in our hands. Let's just hope we can the 20 odd points needed to get there, and that lady luck smiles on us when (if?) we do, but I can't say I'm overly optimistic.
  • Options
    2 strikers down, no goals, no real surprise .. we are still in the play off positions
  • Options
    I hope you discover that your waffles and chocolates are past their sell by date tonight you tosser.
  • Options
    We are simply a very average team in a very shit league. The chance was there this season to spend a little dosh and secure promotion.

Convinced Rolly doesn't want it probably out of spite or ignorance or a bit of both.

Looking forward to Portsmouth match and what might happen with any disruptions etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That was a real lame performance , summed up by Purringtons pathetic chipped cross straight in to the keepers arms at the end when a drilled low and hard cross was what was required .

Vetokele (please no one spell it Ventokele ) looked quite lively when he came on .

Philips done well apart from one horrendous mix up that led to a good chance being missed by Evans who looked a class above .

I dread to think of the difference in wage bills of our final 11 (before the BFG was sent off) on the pitch and fleetwoods .

it's a shit league so play offs should still be made but i'm not asconvinced about promotion as i was a month ago .

millwall 5 points from relegation and safe
    palace 7 points from relegation and safe

what a time to be a Charlton fan

You’re right mate Ventokele looked good when he came on.
    Just glad he walked off the pitch unaided, then. Fucking madness, throwing him on today.

• Options
    It’s all about 7th.
    7 points clear having played two more.
  • Options
    Realistically think the best we can hope for now is 4th.

We won't finish above Luton, Barnsley or Sunderland but Portsmouth have imploded so we can certainly catch them. If we can get 4th then at least we'll be at home in the 2nd leg of the play offs.

Thankfully Peterborough and Doncaster have stuttered so aren't gaining on us.
  • Options
    Play one up top and have him play wide right for the first hour seemed strange.

Sarr had a shaky afternoon, and was at fault for the goal, with an under hit cross field ball which we never recovered from.

All too easy for Fleetwood
  • Options
    Going for promotion, instead of strengthening we sell our top scorer. Speaks for itself. Owner with no ambition. Only cares for money.
  • Options
    Lucky it was only one by the end.

A lot of average performances in the second half. We have an incredibly skillful midfield, but I don't understand what Lapslie or Pratley add in that 4-3-2-1.

Thought Igor looked very bright.

Couple of brilliant saves from Phillips, but thought there were a lot of mistakes in there as well. Thought he was very slow off his line before making a great save 1-v-1 against Evans. Spilling the free kick right in front of himself (might have seen it late but still), then that mix up with Solly. Curious to see what Maxwell can do.

The red card looked a very strange one. But on more than one occasion Bauer and Bielik get caught too high up the pitch, which is part of how they scored.

A lot of work to do for Jackson and Bowyer. The 4-3-2-1 has been forced by losing players, but I think it does help showcase or talented midfielders. The problem is, there's just no cutting edge.
  • Options
    He could have diverted £500k from the Grant sale (which was a bit of a bonus for him) and we could have strengthened. A poor business decision from Roland irrespective of anything else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    When you see it coming, it always makes you angrier. To be fair, I am mostly angry with Roland for obvious reasons but a bit with Bowyer. We were told we had five or six options so don't leave it to the last day, take the option that you can with a day of the window to go. Might not be perfect, but better than missing out! Also, when you look at the goal to game ratios of the players on the pitch, try to improve that. I know it isn't easy or perfect, but Fosu should have been on 5 minutes before the goal at least.

BTW - If Hacket Fairchild is the answer, you are asking the wrong question. Positives. I thought Parker didn't look too bad. nothing special but went in the right direction. Whilst clearly not fully fit, Vetokele looked trim. We need to get him to full fitness quickly and maybe something can be salvaged. Please Bowyer - play Fosu. We have too many blank firers and he is somebody who can potentially score goals. Get Aribo and Fosu in the side and pick your defensive midfielders around them reasonably quickly and it isn't all over!
  • Options
    That's our season Shitweaseled, then.

How predictable.