Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Sugar in twitter storm

Comments

• Options

Obviously people have no right to be offended by this either.

Logs off of Charltonlife.

I find the fat cunt offensive regardless of what shite comes out its mouth
    Admit it mate, you fancy her really.
    Love all the abuse for DA - it's hysterical!
    If the cap fits
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

My half brother calls me a Romanian gypsy, big issue boy etc as my father had one Italian and one Romanian parent.

To be fair mate, he can call you what he likes. You’ll never catch him if he runs away.
  • Options
    Hardly the unthinking “motor mouth” comments we need from a trainee judge. Think he’s just debarred himself actually.
  • Options

Obviously people have no right to be offended by this either.

Logs off of Charltonlife.

I find the fat cunt offensive regardless of what shite comes out its mouth
    Admit it mate, you fancy her really.
    Love all the abuse for DA - it's hysterical!
    the woman is a complete numpty you have to admit it?.
    Some people on here seem obsessed with her - calling her a 'fat cunt' is really classy.
    Can you suggest a classy put down for DA then? Can't wait for this
    I'm sure you can come up with one.
  • Options
    I can't decide what to be disgusted by today, so I'm just going to leave it.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Sugar is a tosser full stop. His profile has gone to his head and I think he truly believes his hard man business image outside of the apprentice applies to real life.

He's someone that really grates on me. Him, and his worm of a sidekick karen brady.

Wouldya?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s a crap photoshop job, no wonder he got out of the computer business!
  • Options

Double standards from Sugar. Effectively labelled Corbyn an anti-semite but OK for him to use racial stereotypes?

Sugar was just being funny - I'm sure the Senegalese players found it hysterical.
  • Options

Double standards from Sugar. Effectively labelled Corbyn an anti-semite but OK for him to use racial stereotypes?

Sugar was just being funny - I'm sure the Senegalese players found it hysterical.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure they find being racially stereotyped hilarious.
  • Options

Alan Sugar seems to....
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

My half brother calls me a Romanian gypsy, big issue boy etc as my father had one Italian and one Romanian parent.

To be fair mate, he can call you what he likes. You’ll never catch him if he runs away.
    Ha ha he's older and fatter than I, and his father is of traveller origins... I just return the compliments. :wink:
  • Options
    Yes, but have you thought about making him Prime Minister?
  • Options

Alan Sugar seems to....
    Keep trolling mate.
  • Options

I laughed, I have quite a non filter sense of humour, not to bothered about if it offends people, if it’s funny i’ll Laugh, but having said that I can definitely see why this would upset people and in this day and age is a stupid thing to put on a public platform like twitter especially when you have so many followers

Says more about his sense of humour than anything else.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I'm imagining that tweet being about the Chinese national team, along the lines of, "I recognise some of these guys from the local Happy Dragon, multi tasking resourceful chaps".

That would make me, and no doubt a lot of other people of Chinese heritage, extremely uncomfortable.

For that reason, I do "feel offended on the behalf of others", as has been articulated sarcastically above.

Jokes are not supposed to make everyone feel comfortable, some people are just too easily offended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

PaddyP17 said:

I'm imagining that tweet being about the Chinese national team, along the lines of, "I recognise some of these guys from the local Happy Dragon, multi tasking resourceful chaps".

That would make me, and no doubt a lot of other people of Chinese heritage, extremely uncomfortable.

For that reason, I do "feel offended on the behalf of others", as has been articulated sarcastically above.

Jokes are not supposed to make everyone feel comfortable, some people are just too easily offended.
    Jokes are also meant to be funny....
  • Options

I see love island was labelled racist yesterday for people using the description as mixed race being a type, non story bit of lighthearted generalisation, as you do get Africans selling sunglasses on beaches in Spain and such, not racist shows what a pc world we now live in.

I don’t know how many things people can be “outraged” about at once, the rise in knife crime, burglaries going up, shit trains - no let’s focus on alan sugar tweeting about lookie lookie men.

I couldn't disagree more, I feel this is a very racist tweet. He's clearly saying they all look the same and stereotyping black Africans IMO
    are you a black african? if so how does it make you feel if not how do you know how a black african feels.

i know we have got irish posters on here so will use that as an example, being part Irish i don't get upset when people say they'll be too pissed to do it or there out crazy paving or things to that affect.
    equally my grandad was a glasgow man i regularly make jokes about them being tight.

its light humour - the aim isnt to upset people, as above bit different saying it to your mates down the pub not on twitter with millions of followers and once its out there there is no deleting.

I feel that comments like this from English people show how little regard they have for the Irish people. I'm not upset by them as such, but it shows that we are considered a punch line rather than equals. We are looked down upon by a significant portion of English. It doesn't have any real effect on my day to day life but I feel it is a contributing factor to the current stalled brexit discussions over the Irish/UK border. Theres a sense of sure Ireland will back down to the might British people and give us what we want in the end. Or how dare they be so uppity, don't they know their place?
  • Options
    Where's Patrice O'Neal when you need him? :smiley:
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

What's the world coming to when you can't laugh at blatant racism eh?
    It used to be seen as comedy to throw bananas at black players and make monkey noises - the good old days!

• Options

I see love island was labelled racist yesterday for people using the description as mixed race being a type, non story bit of lighthearted generalisation, as you do get Africans selling sunglasses on beaches in Spain and such, not racist shows what a pc world we now live in.

I don’t know how many things people can be “outraged” about at once, the rise in knife crime, burglaries going up, shit trains - no let’s focus on alan sugar tweeting about lookie lookie men.

I couldn't disagree more, I feel this is a very racist tweet. He's clearly saying they all look the same and stereotyping black Africans IMO
    are you a black african? if so how does it make you feel if not how do you know how a black african feels.

i know we have got irish posters on here so will use that as an example, being part Irish i don't get upset when people say they'll be too pissed to do it or there out crazy paving or things to that affect.
    equally my grandad was a glasgow man i regularly make jokes about them being tight.

its light humour - the aim isnt to upset people, as above bit different saying it to your mates down the pub not on twitter with millions of followers and once its out there there is no deleting.

Humour? What was even slightly comical about Sugar's post though.

Are you disagreeing that Sugar was saying they all look the same? I think he was saying that and I think that's a disrespectful thing to do.

Jokes about stereotypes are very common, I accept that, but I personally think this was unfunny and unnecessary.
    I can't see where Sugar implies they all look the same? Sounds like your own thoughts coming out there.

I don't think it's a funny tweet either.

The offence in my eyes is disrepecting the Senegal players quality, implying that they are so shit they would normally be selling sunglasses on a beach in Spain rather than playing at a world cup.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

It used to be seen as comedy to throw bananas at black players and make monkey noises - the good old days!

I dont think that was considered comedy tbh. I think that was always considered abuse
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    el-pietro said:

I feel that comments like this from English people show how little regard they have for the Irish people. I'm not upset by them as such, but it shows that we are considered a punch line rather than equals. We are looked down upon by a significant portion of English. It doesn't have any real effect on my day to day life but I feel it is a contributing factor to the current stalled brexit discussions over the Irish/UK border. Theres a sense of sure Ireland will back down to the might British people and give us what we want in the end. Or how dare they be so uppity, don't they know their place?
    just for a bit of background on myself ( seeing as you dont know me), my gf of 5 years is from westmeath, both of my grandparents and mother are from cork.

and believe me the irish give as good as they get there was 20,000 in france shouting fuck the queen and quite a few shouting up the ra - which i genuinely hope was done in jest and more than likely was.

also just in your post you call us english and british? i consider myself english ta as i feel no affiliation to scotland wales or ulster

but dont let that stop you from having a dig at the uk and turn it into a brexit discussion.
  • Options
    meh.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

It's a shit joke, i agree entirely, I just don't see the blatant racism.