Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    50 pages by Tuesday night
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

For everyone complaining about Ticketmaster (and I'm not a fan of them): I bought through them for Kaiserslautern in February and there were no added fees plus it was print at home.

Then I had to use them for Toronto FC and there was a £2 fee and the ticket/barcode was on my Android.

Not ideal but give it a few years and all big games in England will be bought and sold this way.

I was looking at buying a concert ticket from them a couple of days ago. Ticket $39, Fees $24. Legalized scalping.
  • Options
    Ticketmaster are shysters of the worst kind for events with a high demand, so I reckon we'll be okay.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

For everyone complaining about Ticketmaster (and I'm not a fan of them): I bought through them for Kaiserslautern in February and there were no added fees plus it was print at home.

Then I had to use them for Toronto FC and there was a £2 fee and the ticket/barcode was on my Android.

Not ideal but give it a few years and all big games in England will be bought and sold this way.

I was looking at buying a concert ticket from them a couple of days ago. Ticket $39, Fees $24. Legalized scalping.
    I know, but it depends on the market. For Toronto NBA you're pushed on to their site and it was about £20 'fees'. All tickets were re-sells and I didn't bother.

Football wise, based on Germany I really don't think Ticketmaster charges will be worse than the Katrien tax. Again, not ideal but it'll probably be cheaper than being in a phone queue or petrol/fares to go to the ticket office.
  • Options
    I have visited Ticket-shafter site and registered for an account as it says you can print your own tickets if you have an account......
  • Options
    What if you wanted a box, how would you go about that? How many do they hold?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Just been sent my tickets

‘Happy Valley’ the theatre production starring Sarah Lancashire

My dad got sent a day tour to the valley of the kings in Egypt and my uncle @The31YearMan got a day out at the Valley shopping centre in Evesham

See you all at Wembley

Da Fuq?
  • Options
    The only issue here seems to be the ticketmaster unique code that will be emailed by the club to everyone on the database.

The restricted Blackburn home game didn't appear as an option for me until I called the club and they fixed whatever the issue was...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What if you wanted a box, how would you go about that? How many do they hold?

I'd ring the club tomorrow.
  • Options
    Now,I am old and not technically up to date,but surely the entry method we have at the turnstiles could be adjusted to accomodate play off game,thereby allowing season ticket holders to use this years card with a bill sent later.Something along these lines would eliminate the need to the need to sell 5-6000 tickets,probably around half of what will be needed.
  • Options
    One thing about Ticketmaster, if there are 3 empty seats in a row, it won’t allow you to buy 2, as it’s doesn’t want to have a single seat that it can’t sell.
  • Options
    Ticketmaster = Gonna be a disaster.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Fat Stan is rubbing his hands over this

Poor sod's been dead since 1999.
  • Options
    As a matter of interest, the net revenue from play-off games is split five ways (the four qualifying clubs plus the league), so Charlton will not benefit particularly from having the largest crowds or by applying higher prices. I’m told by someone who knows that Millwall received £400k in total last year as winning finalists.
  • Options
    My next door neighbour fancies going, not a season ticket holder, doesn't hold a Red Card. He's not on the club data base, will he be able to log on and buy a ticket.
  • Options
    RanTooFar said:

The only issue here seems to be the ticketmaster unique code that will be emailed by the club to everyone on the database.

The restricted Blackburn home game didn't appear as an option for me until I called the club and they fixed whatever the issue was...

That’s interesting I wonder how that work for me, they haven’t got my email address?

• Options

One thing about Ticketmaster, if there are 3 empty seats in a row, it won’t allow you to buy 2, as it’s doesn’t want to have a single seat that it can’t sell.

Easy to deal with that. Book a single seat from one device. Logon elsewhere, book the two remaining seats. Cancel the single seat booking. Bingo. Two seats where you want them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Badger said:

My next door neighbour fancies going, not a season ticket holder, doesn't hold a Red Card. He's not on the club data base, will he be able to log on and buy a ticket.

If not one option would be for you to do it for him using yours.
  • Options
    All the options will be on the Web Site after todays game, I am sure that you will be able to buy on the day.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Just caught up with this thread and realised there’s another potential massive cock-up in progress. Yesterday I received an email from the club telling me to opt in to keep in touch. Nothing special about that, everybody is doing the same at the moment because of GDPR. As I want to keep receiving emails I responded straight away...and that’s where the problem now lies.

Yes I do want to keep receiving mails from the club....and No, I don’t want to receive crap from Uncle Tom cobbly and all that might have some vague connection with the club.

It’s just dawned on me the club can’t share my details with Ticketmaster so I won’t be able to buy tickets for the play offs...on the plus side, if ticketmaster do have my details then I’ll know exactly where they got them from..
  • Options
    They don't have my email address, and according to ticketmaster website, TM no longer have physical sites to buy from and recommend you 'go to the venue' if you don't want to buy online. I'm fairly certain that under GDPR they can't transfer any of my data (eg name and ref number) to a third party without my permission, so TM won't have my details and as they have no physical sites, I can't turn up waving my ST to prove it's my seat and I want to sit in it. Not everyone has a computer and it's arrogant of them to assume everyone does.

Surely they could do a thing where you pay online on the OS and it's just added to your ST and you go through the turnstiles as normal?

Shambles.
  • Options
    I thought GDPR didn’t start until the end of May.
  • Options
    I assume they will sell from the club at some point. They will have to surely. But they won't announce it now or few will buy through Ticketmaster.
  • Options
    GDPR has been in place for 2 years; the fines etc in the UK start 25th May IIR. Fines are E20m or 4% of global turnover, whichever is the higher. So, the rules currently apply, they just can't (yet) get fined for failing to follow them.
  • Options
    As posted on the other stream. You do need to read and follow the instructions carefully. If you have a CON number just enter the numbers.

If you have not received an email but have your season ticket number here are the instructions:

- Visit https://www.eticketing.co.uk/cafc/
    - Click ‘Sign In’ in the top right hand corner (Do not try to sign in at this point as you first need to activate your account)
    - Select ‘Activate it now’ at the bottom of the pop-up that appears
    - Type in your above client reference number and your surname and click ‘Find my account’
    - Complete the necessary fields and click ‘Complete registration’ at the bottom of the page

Once you have done the above make a note of your password so you can easily log in to purchase tickets once they are on sale.

Should you have any problems activating your account you can call Ticketmaster on 03330 035 947.
  • Options
    Anyone had the email with their client reference number yet? I’m not a season ticket holder but have bought tickets online before so should be getting one.
  • Options
    Champs85 said:

Anyone had the email with their client reference number yet? I’m not a season ticket holder but have bought tickets online before so should be getting one.

got any of the tickets? Your number should be on them.