Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Provisional play off ticket plan

Comments

• Options
    No way either game will sell out
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Another thing the club could have done is used the bank holiday to their advantage and opened up the ticket office on Sunday and Monday (as well throughout the week up till kick off). The main job of the back office of any club is to sell tickets!

Come on mate, you don’t actually expect them to have thought of that and make it easy for people?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    JohnnyH2 said:

The home game will not even go close to selling out, I think the club have over complicated this. Why not print off a load of tickets and advertise cash only ticket offices around the ground and club shop on the night of the game and encourage people who are not season ticket holders or cannot use the club's website to go through this method.

Season ticket holders should be able to buy online, over the phone or in person. Going to Ticketmaster and not being able to buy in person will I'm sure inconvenience some season ticket holders

There’s a big risk of a walk-up on the night the infrastructure can’t handle. Above about 3,000 the club won’t cope. Ditto too many tickets for collection.

My concern would be that the club tries to pass on excessive Ticketmaster charges to fans or gets the data migration wrong.
  • Options
    I wonder in Ticketmaster will offer medical advice as well?
  • Options

I wonder in Ticketmaster will offer medical advice as well?

They charge extra for prescriptions
  • Options
    As much as I want to get out of this shite division I want that Belgium cnut gone far more.
    Ticket master my arse Roland.
    Run the the club properly or fuck off.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:

And seeing as they wont be posted until Tuesday i can see big problems arising on Thursday evening.

Do Ticketmaster offer a print at home option?
    For most events yes. However it does usually depend upon the venue that they are selling for.
    As Charlton have scanners I see no reason they can't do print at home with barcode on.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    _MrDick said:

Will Ticket Master allow you to choose which seat you want if you’re not a STH. I doubt it ... I was hoping to sit with my mates.

I've bought hundreds of tickets from Ticketmaster over 10 plus years and not once have I had a problem.
    You can always select your seat from the seating plan at venues.
    I don't see why The Valley should be any different ? This would be down to Charlton not TM.

(It will obviously now go tits up and I will get the blame :smile: )
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Will Ticket Master allow you to choose which seat you want if you’re not a STH. I doubt it ... I was hoping to sit with my mates.

I've bought hundreds of tickets from Ticketmaster over 10 plus years and not once have I had a problem.
    I don't see why The Valley should be any different ? This would be down to Charlton not TM.

Yep
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ticketmaster selling home tickets? Roly is definitely not the full ticket.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

How will ticketmaster know if you are valley gold, season ticket, away purchase etc.

Charlton should obviously supply that information to them.
  • Options

This is the most sensible thing you have ever said.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

The home game will not even go close to selling out, I think the club have over complicated this. Why not print off a load of tickets and advertise cash only ticket offices around the ground and club shop on the night of the game and encourage people who are not season ticket holders or cannot use the club's website to go through this method.

Season ticket holders should be able to buy online, over the phone or in person. Going to Ticketmaster and not being able to buy in person will I'm sure inconvenience some season ticket holders

There’s a big risk of a walk-up on the night the infrastructure can’t handle. Above about 3,000 the club won’t cope. Ditto too many tickets for collection.

My concern would be that the club tries to pass on excessive Ticketmaster charges to fans or gets the data migration wrong.
    This. But that would be down to the club not TM.
    TM are one of if not the best ticket agency in the world, but oh no it's not good enough for some Charlton supporters.
    Although tbh, some of the usual whingers would find something to moan about if they won the lottery.
  • Options

_MrDick said:

You Will!!!
    I am going up London to the place advised above.
    I don't expect to pay more than face value buying in cash and I expect the OAP rate.
  • Options
    Thinking about it Wimbledon (tennis that is, not AFC) sell a small number of next day tickets via Ticketmaster, rather than through their internal channels.
  • Options

Thinking about it Wimbledon (tennis that is, not AFC) sell a small number of next day tickets via Ticketmaster, rather than through their internal channels.

Bastards !
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Oh btw Ticketmaster have got a 50% sale on some tickets at the moment. I bought some theatre tickets this morning and I printed them at home, It took 5 mins in total. There were no fees.

Dear
    Thank you for your booking
    Please check your booking details carefully and contact us if you have any queries.
    Event Tickets Total

Theatre
    London, United Kingdom
    Fri, 1st June 2018, 7.30 PM 2 x Upper Circle
    Special Offer - £27.50 each
    Your Ticket numbers:
    H22 H21 £55.00 GBP
    Delivery Cost / Transaction Fee £0.00 GBP
    Total £55.00 GBP

Your Booking Reference

Download your tickets
    Please print your voucher and bring it with you on the day (you must print the voucher, not just this email).

Any Questions?
    If you have any questions about your ticket purchase please visit
  • Options
    My only concern is this.

I will be going straight from work Thursday, if there are any issues with the post and my ticket isn't delivered on Wednesday, will proof of purchase be enough at the ground Thursday night as I won't have a physical ticket? (Print at home isn't an option for me)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does seem from this initial message that tickets for the home leg of the play-off semi-finals will not be available from the ticket offices at the Valley.
    This is disappointing in my opinion, as I prefer to buy tickets face-to-face directly from the ticket office whenever possible, even if it means a journey across London to the Valley specifically to buy them.

However they do also say that full details will be published on the website shortly after full time on Saturday.
    Perhaps the Ticketmaster option will not be the only one. Maybe home leg tickets will eventually be available directly from the ticket office, just not as early as 9am on Sunday.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

So, we've all given our consent for our data to be passed to a third party have we? Or are the club just in massive breach of the DPA?

Until Roland fucks off we are a shambles of a club
  • Options
    I don’t think the cloooob had any other option than to get a third party to manage the ticket sales for the play off home match.

Firstly, because of the short notice between Saturdays game and Thursday time slot. Secondly, ticket office is a joke anywhere. Would have been chaos. Hopefully, the admin fee charges won’t be too expensive.
  • Options
    Sensible decision. We get our tickets efficiently, Rolly gets less money. What’s not to like?
  • Options
    The play off games are a bonus for roly in cash terms anyway, so anything is better than nothing.
  • Options
    I’m taking it that print at home will still be offered? If not then it’ll be post out with only a couple of days to spare (not possible considering the ticket office usually stop sending out within three days of a home game) or collection which would be utter carnage.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

This is not going to end well, I can feel it, I’ll end up with a ticket seeing little mix at the O2.....

any idea what date they are there ??
  • Options
    For everyone complaining about Ticketmaster (and I'm not a fan of them): I bought through them for Kaiserslautern in February and there were no added fees plus it was print at home.

Then I had to use them for Toronto FC and there was a £2 fee and the ticket/barcode was on my Android.

Not ideal but give it a few years and all big games in England will be bought and sold this way.
  • Options
    What classes as being on the clubs database? Assuming having a season ticket for 23 years before this season and having bought one match day ticket this season counts?