Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Just read this.

Interesting at the end about Murray
  • Options
    Is anyone really taking anything that RM says seriously anymore after his last few statements? I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Options

Bowyer's approach is so refreshing. Almost as refreshing as Red Bull.

Cool as a Koala's cobblers.
    The koala is unique to Australia and is an important symbol of the country. But numbers are plummeting and the survival of koalas is under threat. One of the reasons is the sexually transmitted disease chlamydia
  • Options
    So who's shagging these koalas then?
  • Options
    So it's looking like Bowyer may have only 2 more games in charge according to Murray, which if the new owners have a manager lined up, is fair enough I suppose.

If we win our next 2 games though, it would be a difficult decision to replace Bowyer.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Can just it see it now.

Bowyer wins 3 out of 3, new owners come in, put Kewell in charge......and he fucks things up. Typical Charlton.
  • Options
    A lot of money being placed on SCP.
  • Options
    masicat said:

That'll be the Wishful Thinking Brigade.

As has been said on numerous occasions in recent weeks SCP is too classy an individual to walk out on Southend after a handful of matches.
  • Options
    "Rumours of an imminent takeover by an Australian consortium - with another Leeds legend Kewell their manager-in-waiting - means director Richard Murray has already ready warned Bowyer that Monday’s game against Rotherham may be his last."

Ifs, buts, maybes.

Uncle Dicky's timeframes haven't been too accurate thus far since he deigned to speak to the lower classes (under threat of revolution).
  • Options
    Have to get new owners in firstly, the old Belgian git is now holding on & out for more £ dosh as the play offs with the relativised team and a possible promotion looming. Bowyer to the last game of the season whenever that might be, early or late May, and if promoted will continue next season with JJ as coach and Curbs upstairs. Powell is still a real option come the end of season although I would personally prefer not - just saying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

masicat said:

That'll be the Wishful Thinking Brigade.

As has been said on numerous occasions in recent weeks SCP is too classy an individual to walk out on Southend after a handful of matches.
    I agree BUT there is the possibility of a get out clause in his contract although that is probably wishful thinking.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Nice JWA. What is he on about? Translation please. Educationally interested.

Sorry HG - just caught up. Basically he is setting the scene for the rest of the play (and the next one) and explaining that whilst he had been a scally in his youth, drinking and whoring and such with Falstaff, he could and would mend his ways but in such a manner that when he did it would come as a complete surprise to everyone, not least the one's who had led him astray and taken advantage of his position as crown prince to advance their own ends, again Falstaff mainly.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Well impressed with Bowyer and he’s the kind of thing we’ve been crying out for. Reminded me of Curbs after the game. Not too high and not too low. Made Robinson look like an amateur with that post match interview alone. If the new owners are serious about keeping the support base on side they’d do well to let him have a chance. Stomping in and appointing your own countryman for that reason only would have a real feel of deja vu and would tell us a lot about their real intentions.
     Where is this Lee...

Personally I hope that Saturday was step one and I felt like we saw signs of that Bow.

Hopefully today's news will unlock the old Bowyer fully.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well impressed with Bowyer and he’s the kind of thing we’ve been crying out for. Reminded me of Curbs after the game. Not too high and not too low. Made Robinson look like an amateur with that post match interview alone. If the new owners are serious about keeping the support base on side they’d do well to let him have a chance. Stomping in and appointing your own countryman for that reason only would have a real feel of deja vu and would tell us a lot about their real intentions.
     Where is this Lee...

Personally I hope that Saturday was step one and I felt like we saw signs of that Bow.

Excellent. We need another Bowyer thread. Not.
    Just maybe ..... this thread was first?  :wink:

• Options
    I didn’t go to the Plymouth game because I was in Amsterdam watching England play that weekend, but remember coming back from Northampton and being convinced that we were on to a winner with these two in charge. Realised how much I enjoyed the back end of that season beating Rotherham, Pompey and and Blackburn and grabbing 6th place.

Could be an interesting sub plot if were to meet Oxford in the play off final this year. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
     Where is this Lee...

Excellent. We need another Bowyer thread. Not.
    Knickers in a twist much?

I think you'll find this isn't 'another' Bowyer thread.