Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2017

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options

Was never keen on him anyway. Always reminded me of an SS officer.

Agreed... No offence to either him or Bastien Schweinsteiger but both remind me of model SS soldiers from WW2 in their look and build

Griepel doesn't seem to be what he once was.

Reading Cav's first book he almost has a low opinion of Griepel's Sprinting skills even from the early days, no where near as good as the Missile or Kittel
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Was never keen on him anyway. Always reminded me of an SS officer.

Agreed... No offence to either him or Bastien Schweinsteiger but both remind me of model SS soldiers from WW2 in their look and build

They are both in the new Dunkirk film as Panzer Commanders.
  • Options

I know many on here want landa to go for the 2 seconds but it would be a complete disaster if he did. His career would be finished.

Just had Eurosport on and they were saying barguil has got the super competitive title. De gendt is thinking about taking that decision to the courts as he feels he should be awarded it as he's been involved in more breakaways.

You need to respect tradition the competitive awards are in the main given to French juries to French cyclists as compensation since they stopped winning the Tour - start taking the French seriously for the GC when they stop getting the silly awards.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

What bad losers the French cycling fans are.

How can they boo a man who has just won his fourth TdF?

The picture of Froome hunting down Bardet as they came into the Stadium was the picture of the Tour - the French booing made it all the better!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

What bad losers the French cycling fans are.

How can they boo a man who has just won his fourth TdF?

Peut etre, il n'est pas Francais!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alberto Contador to retire after Vuelta a Espana
  • Options
    Team Sky have confirmed Wout Poels, Mikel Nieve, Diego Rosa and Gianni Moscon in their squad to back Chris Froome as he attempts to complete the Tour de France-Vuelta a Espana double.

In addition to Poels, Nieve, Rosa, Moscon and David Lopez for the mountain stages, Froome can count on Salvatore Puccio, Ian Stannard and Christian Knees for protection and help on the flat stages and in the opening team time trial. Moscon will be making his Grand Tour debut but the rest of the team is hugely experienced, with many having won at least one Tour de France with Froome.

Froome rode a criterium in Kazakhstan over the weekend after an altitude training camp with several teammates in France. He has ridden the Vuelta five times, finishing second in 2012, 2014 and 2016.

"It certainly feels as if I’ve got unfinished business with this race. I’ve finished second three times now, but I’ve got a good feeling about this year’s Vuelta. It feels like we’re on much more of a mission this year, and aiming for the Tour/Vuelta double this season has been a huge motivation. I don’t think we’ve been to the Vuelta a Espana with a team as strong as we’ve got this year,” Froome in a statement from Team Sky announcing their final starting nine.

"One thing that really sets the Vuelta apart from other races is where it is in the season. You have this mixture of riders who have targeted the Vuelta specifically, and others who are coming off a big season already. Typically, it’s a very aggressive race and a very punchy style of racing, which always makes for great viewing for the fans.

"It’s a race I love doing, but it’s relentless. The course is always a lot more mountainous than the Tour de France and the conditions are tougher. Being mid-August in Spain, it’s quite common to have temperatures up in the mid 40s. It’s absolutely brutal."

Team Sky for the Vuelta a España: Chris Froome, Wout Poels, Mikel Nieve, Diego Rosa, David Lopez, Gianni Moscon, Salvatore Puccio, Ian Stannard, Christian Knees.
  • Options
    Dont usually watch but looking forward to this.

Nearly everyone is there and looking forward to seeing both Simon & Adam Yates for Orica
  • Options

Dont usually watch but looking forward to this.

Nearly everyone is there and looking forward to seeing both Simon & Adam Yates for Orica

The Vuelta last year was superb. Really looking forward to this.
  • Options
    Love the Vuelta. Mental racing - the climbs are generally crazier than the Tour and the Giro, and the short stages generally are the most exciting grand tour stages of the year. Only thing that let's it down are the tedious stages that end up being run on some soulless bypass out to the coast somewhere, like a throwback to the eighties. Sky have a really strong team for Froome, and I make him favourite this time round. Seems he really wants to win it.
  • Options
    Amazing comment from Froome this week. I doubt it's feasible but if anyone can, it's him.

No rider has ever pulled off a Tour-Vuelta-Giro d'Italia treble and while Froome feels it is unlikely, he does not believe it is unachievable.

"I wouldn't say it's impossible," the British rider, a four-time Tour de Francechampion, told BBC Radio Four on Monday. "Nothing's impossible, but certainly it would take some doing."
  • Options
    Route for next years Tour de France has been announced... Good to see Alpe D'Huez back again

• Options
    good to see le Grand Bornand in there. went there about 20 years ago in the summer as a kid. I guess like most Alpine villages a lot more chilled out when those skiers arnt around. really nice village and people. they were obsessed by cows. had a festival for them when I was there.
  • Options

Route for next years Tour de France has been announced... Good to see Alpe D'Huez back again

Yup, agree with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there :)

Club has coincided an alps trip to time with the Alpe D'Huez stage - provisionally booked two weeks either side of the likely date and got lucky :)
  • Options
    The first week was originally published in June. They then had to put it back a week to prevent it clashing with the World Cup.

Will be there for the Grand Depart and at least a couple of days in the Vendee
  • Options
    Froome going for the Giro and Vuelta next year!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Saw that he'd announced his Giro attempts but hadnt heard about the Vuelta too

Although guessed that must have been the case - Cant see him attempt the Giro in place of the Tour or Vuelta
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Don't think so. He's doing the Giro and the Tour, not said anything about the Vuelta
  • Options
    Sorry, typed too quickly, Giro and Tour
  • Options
    Be a massive achievement if he even wins the giro, let alone the tour as well. Sky will send a strong team to support him, but their main focus will be the tour as always. I suspect this was on the agenda for him when he renewed with sky after Brailsford cocked up the management of the Wiggins TUE shit so badly
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Seems as though Mark Cavendish is trying his hardest not to be fit for this years TdF...

Accident that he had today is the third in a few months

https://youtu.be/41iziQQlZbc
  • Options
    Is he sponsored by Specsavers?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Is he sponsored by Specsavers?

Let’s hope not