Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• Options
    Just brilliant by Froome.

I really hope Landa goes for the seconds.
  • Options
    rina said:

I've got nothing against Landa trying to pick up seconds...

nor have I but the French certainly will

Wasnt there a rider back in Merckx day who went clear to try and make up the time and managed it at some point along the Champs Elysee yet like most breakaways on a flat stage he was hauled back?

certainly not during any of Merckx's victories as they were all by massive amounts. someone tried to take Hinault down once but didn't get anywhere

But as one of the interviews stated yesterday with one of the riders of the time, even Merckx got booed by the French fans at times.
  • Options
    Chapeau Froomey.
  • Options

Addickted said:

What bad losers the French are.

I think its just the French attitude mostly...

@i_b_b_o_r_g and others who have lived there might prove me wrong but they seem to have that attitude over a lot of things
    Comes down to where in France they come from I think bud. I've watched England beat France at the rugby a few times with a bar full of French rugby players (one time literally me and a mate the only English in there) and they all seem to be in good spirits. Reckon we'd have fun and games if we were in a city bar though
  • Options
    Must admit. It's amazing what they do. Going up those hills like that. And keeping it going more or less every day for 3 weeks. Superb athletes.
  • Options
    Even though Landa is only 1 second behind, isn't it pretty much impossible for him to get on the podium? It's a flat stage so will come down to the sprinters, so even if he attacks at some point he'll just get swallowed up by the peloton near the end. Must be pretty gutting though, as he'll inevitably think back to where he could've made up extra seconds over the past 3 weeks.
  • Options

Even though Landa is only 1 second behind, isn't it pretty much impossible for him to get on the podium? It's a flat stage so will come down to the sprinters, so even if he attacks at some point he'll just get swallowed up by the peloton near the end. Must be pretty gutting though, as he'll inevitably think back to where he could've made up extra seconds over the past 3 weeks.

Very gutting. Whereas Bardet gave his all, there were times when Landa held back for the sake of the team. Very frustrating for him.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Very gutting. Whereas Bardet gave his all, there were times when Landa held back for the sake of the team. Very frustrating for him.
    Plus don't forget Bardet should have received a 20 second time punishment but the officials strangely decided to rescind the punishments they had already given to others rather than punish Bardet.
    Uran should have received the same shouldnt he?
  • Options

DRAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Plus don't forget Bardet should have received a 20 second time punishment but the officials strangely decided to rescind the punishments they had already given to others rather than punish Bardet.
    Uran should have received the same shouldnt he?
    Yes I think so but he still would be second even with the extra 20 seconds. But Bardet would now be fourth behind Landa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Good point
  • Options
    The things you do when you are out of the Tour.

https://twitter.com/markcavendish/status/889090427638484992
  • Options
    Vive la France
  • Options
    Nice to see the respect from the other riders to Froome.
  • Options
    I know many on here want landa to go for the 2 seconds but it would be a complete disaster if he did. His career would be finished.

Just had Eurosport on and they were saying barguil has got the super competitive title. De gendt is thinking about taking that decision to the courts as he feels he should be awarded it as he's been involved in more breakaways.
  • Options

I know many on here want landa to go for the 2 seconds but it would be a complete disaster if he did. His career would be finished.

Just had Eurosport on and they were saying barguil has got the super competitive title. De gendt is thinking about taking that decision to the courts as he feels he should be awarded it as he's been involved in more breakaways.

Personally I believe it should have gone to De Gendt, very surprised it didn't.
  • Options
    Very amusing from Landa there, riding away from the peloton and waving.

:smiley:
  • Options
    Someone just proposed to his girlfriend. Written on a stage map.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess the officials who give out the super competitive award are the same ones who didn't punish bardet earlier in the tour for having a drink in the last Ks.
  • Options

Guess the officials who give out the super competitive award are the same ones who didn't punish bardet earlier in the tour for having a drink in the last Ks.

Probably, they haven't been very neutral in this respect.
  • Options
    Has anyone been to the pop up at London bridge pier? Went there the other day forgot to put it on here. They got a party I think tonight.

Sure they'll do it next year. Quite surreal to see the French countryside whilst the river Thames is next to you.
  • Options
    What was all that about in the Grand Palais? Superimposed running track and swimming pool...wierd.
  • Options

What was all that about in the Grand Palais? Superimposed running track and swimming pool...wierd.

Apparently to do with the latest Paris Olympic bid
  • Options

Apparently to do with their bid for the Summer Olympics.
  • Options
    Thought Boassen Hagen would get that but good win for Groenewegen.

No stage win for Greipel.
  • Options
    Griepel doesn't seem to be what he once was.
  • Options

Griepel doesn't seem to be what he once was.

Indeed not, I think his time has gone.
  • Options
    Was never keen on him anyway. Always reminded me of an SS officer.