Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

Great job to get back Chris... Now lets see what happens!! - Would love to see him now attack lol!

Incredible how he got back.
    Big effort, He must be knackered. Hopefully not used up all his energy reserves and can keep in touch.
  • Options
    all about how much he's got left now.
  • Options
    Froome is a machine. the commentary makes me laugh sometimes when they talk about how he looks to be struggling, he always looks like that, he looked like that while winning 3 tours
  • Options
    I now cant understand why AG2R didnt ramp it back up just as he was getting back - The opportunity was there to knock him out the whole Tour and they've wasted it

Froome can afford to go 100% for 45secs because of the rest day ahead of tomorrow
  • Options
    Just come into this - was Froome a long way back?
  • Options

Just come into this - was Froome a long way back?

Lost about 35 secs but powered back.
  • Options

I now cant understand why AG2R didnt ramp it back up just as he was getting back - The opportunity was there to knock him out the whole Tour and they've wasted it

Froome can afford to go 100% for 45secs because of the rest day ahead of tomorrow

This could be some finish.
  • Options
    AG2R have impressed me on this tour.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Would give them a 7/10... they've made some really good attacks YET havent followed through with them, they could have really cemented their challenge.
  • Options
    Dan Martin has been one of the best riders though, imagine what he could have done had he not been caught up with Richie Porte

And to remember he was 100/1 to get the win come Paris
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

stonemuse said:

Would give them a 7/10... they've made some really good attacks YET havent followed through with them, they could have really cemented their challenge.
    Fair point.
  • Options

Dan Martin has been one of the best riders though, imagine what he could have done had he not been caught up with Richie Porte

And to remember he was 100/1 to get the win come Paris

Dan Martin has to be a future winner.
  • Options
    Is he British?
  • Options

Is he British?

A brummie but rides for Ireland
  • Options
    That was some ride to keep the yellow. Well done Chris.
  • Options
    Very pleased for Mollema
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Very pleased for Mollema

Nice to see a rider so obviously happy with a great achievement.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

rina said:

Just watching today's stage now. Much respect to Quintana, Porte and others for neutralising Aru's attack just as I was getting annoyed by it. You can't attack the yellow Jersey when they have a mechanical

Didn't see Froome easing up when Uran was having problems with changing gears. or doesn't that count when our riders take advantage?
    I think today's stage shows the difference between attacking the yellow because he has a mechanical, which is unacceptable, and not easing off when you're in full flow and he has a problem which is completely fine
  • Options
    Dave Brailsford gave a very clear interview in French with French tv after.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

In fairness to AG2R, they would not have wanted to help Aru - I think they think that they can hurt Sky and Aru more in the Alps, and maybe Bardet can get a time advantage on Froome to bring in to the Time Trial.

Whatever the reason, however, we are set up for an intriguing third week (who would have thought that when Movistar lost Valverde?).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lucky for Froome that puncture was on a climb or he'd never have got back but stonking ride without a main domestiqe who sacrificed his back wheel. Lander is a future GC contender.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Lucky for Froome that puncture was on a climb or he'd never have got back but stonking ride without a main domestiqe who sacrificed his back wheel. Landa is a future GC contender.

Its interesting because on one Stage; Landa and Contador were in a two man breakaway together and the commentators were wondering what the two were discussing (With the theory that there was a bit of transfer talk being talked about) - SKY's issue is they've got some great racers yet nearly every Domestique they've got at the Tour could have been a team leader themselves, as we've already seen with Richie Porte, their squad doesnt stay together for too long so wouldnt be surprised to see the likes of Landa leaving SKY over the Winter (if their Contract is up) and going to be No.1 in another team
  • Options

Lucky for Froome that puncture was on a climb or he'd never have got back but stonking ride without a main domestiqe who sacrificed his back wheel. Landa is a future GC contender.

Its interesting because on one Stage; Landa and Contador were in a two man breakaway together and the commentators were wondering what the two were discussing (With the theory that there was a bit of transfer talk being talked about) - SKY's issue is they've got some great racers yet nearly every Domestique they've got at the Tour could have been a team leader themselves, as we've already seen with Richie Porte, their squad doesnt stay together for too long so wouldnt be surprised to see the likes of Landa leaving SKY over the Winter (if their Contract is up) and going to be No.1 in another team
    Yes. Makes the non-appearance of Stannard even more confusing.
  • Options

Yes. Makes the non-appearance of Stannard even more confusing.
    Stannard is injuried isn't he?

AG2R blew it, had a foot on the throat and didn't kill, should have turned the screw again as Froome got back on
  • Options
    So, can Kittel survive????

Having almost the worst of all possible days at the moment.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Should be fine as apparently he's in quite a large Group - Should Michael Matthews get 20-pts in the Intermediate Sprint and win the Stage (a further 50-pts) though he'll be just nine behind in the race for the Green Jersey though...

According to SKY's text service they're now on the flats and with it being windy we could get crosswinds.

If its like a few Stages we've had in past years that could really spice up the GC
  • Options

Should be fine as apparently he's in quite a large Group - Should Michael Matthews get 20-pts in the Intermediate Sprint and win the Stage (a further 50-pts) though he'll be just nine behind in the race for the Green Jersey though...

According to SKY's text service they're now on the flats and with it being windy we could get crosswinds.

If its like a few Stages we've had in past years that could really spice up the GC
    I was thinking more about the next two days - if he's not feeling 100% tomorrow I can see him suffering terribly.

I expect that the Green Jersey will not be his in Paris.
  • Options
    Boasson Hagen just cant get a break although did have a lot of work to do to catch up there!!

Shame for Dan Martin, his Tour is now over I fear... Although no doubt he'll try and make up the time in the Mountains over the next two days which could aid Froome as Aru and Bardet seem too worried about missing out on the podium over getting the win
  • Options
    Boassen Hagen left it just too late.

Martin finally feeling the pain but won't write him off yet.
  • Options
    Two days to decide the Yellow Jersey beginning today with a trip up the Col du Galibier...